will a 5 year drivers license renewal be granted on a treble entry visit visa

nitnoymoy

Hi.I spend 6 months in los each year and my 5 year drivers licenses are both up for renewal in December ,I was granted them whilst I was on a multi o visa ,I am not married and cannot get a multi o now so I get buy on treble entry visit visas for last couple of years.I do have a yellow housebook for my house which is in a company name,just wondering if they will give me 5 years again ,thanks

It really will depend on the office you go to.

But officially for 5 years license it must be an extension of stay or non-immigrant visa. So officially you're not eligable for a new 5 year license.

Spot on about what office you go to some still want a doctors certificate.

Last time I went to do mine 'usual office' they didn't bother with my Visa or Passport come to that, but they didn't want to accept my Yellow book as proof of address. Did in the end after I spoke to the boss.

They all seem to have their own rules so worth a try they can only say no.

As it is the same sort of topic, have a question..

my 2nd 5 year drivers licenses also end in December, I am on yearly extensions which runs out end of December... not sure if money will arrive in time to season before this date + Pension will not start arriving until January, so maybe will have to get a single Non '0'

So can I renew my licenses with only 2 weeks left on my yearly extension ? [for another 5 years]

would they issue another 5 year license if I have to get a 90 day Non O ?

Edited by ignis

• 2 months later...

update I went to pattaya dlt centre by regents school on Friday last and they granted me two new 5 year licenses for m/c,car on my treble entry tourist visa.I had to sit through a driving safety video in thai with English subtitles for an hour and then redo colour blindness and braking reaction time tests. I renewed a few days before the current licenses ran out