Australian father takes on Chinese drug dealers

webfact

Australian father takes on Chinese drug dealers
Zhu Xin and Luo Wangshu
China Daily

BEIJING: -- Police in Anhui province are investigating a case involving synthetic drugs after an Australian father went undercover as a buyer to drug dens in Hefei, the provincial capital, and exposed the deal on the Australian edition of 60 Minutes.

Rodney Bridge's undercover trip was aired on Sunday night and drew wide attention. Rodney's 16-year-old son jumped to his death after he took 25I-NBOMe, a chemical originally produced for medical imaging purposes that has also been used as a psychedelic drug.

The chemical, which is now illegal in Australia, was reportedly produced in China, where there is no law against it.

Suspects involved in the video recorded by Rodney are being monitored by police, and the case is under investigation, Song Zhihai, head of the narcotics team at Hefei public security bureau, said on Wednesday.

"I hope the Chinese government would shut down these manufacturers producing and selling those drugs because they are killing people," Rodney said.

"I'd love to have a dialogue with the Chinese authorities about closing these manufacturers," he said.

Bridge, 50, from Perth, took action after his son Preston died in February 2013 after taking one tablet of 25I-NBOMe, which is similar to LSD.

25I-NBOMe is a white powder that can cause fast heartbeat, hypertension, fidgetiness, aggressiveness, hallucinations and spasms.

Full story: http://www.asianewsnet.net/news-80793.html

ann.jpg
-- ANN 2015-09-17

Thanks for that....and I need to adjust my previous post, to the effect that indeed he has exposed some atrocious information about people that are in fact knowingly dealing in dangerous drugs.

Where is the Chinese government in this????

Thanks for that....and I need to adjust my previous post, to the effect that indeed he has exposed some atrocious information about people that are in fact knowingly dealing in dangerous drugs.

Where is the Chinese government in this????

Denial.

CCP local, county, provincial officials are on the take and quite satisfied not to criminalise such a profitable scheme. National party/government CCP haven't any interest in dealing with it even if they can make laws about it. At the end of the day the harsh reality is that whatever distracts the new middle class from political concerns and issues is fine by the CCP Boyz. (As long as the distraction is not religion.)

Yuppies in the big urban centers are chronically into night club centered recreational drug use which is fine too by the CCP Boyz.

CCP China has three main police forces none of which care about this, and the higher up in the levels of police authority the less care there is. The Public Safety Police are the unarmed regular beat cops on motorcycles, in cars and pickups who have little authority beyond a traffic stop. You get robbed at knifepoint and you might want to tell these guyz but it makes no difference if you do not. They do little or nothing to include anything to do with the horror presented in the OP.

The Public Security Police looking into this drug horror presented in the OP are a level above in that they will check a passport at random, shadow a citizen/foreigner who might be suspect to the regime, process applications for citizen resident permits (Hukuo system), applications by foreigners for a resident permit and the like. These guyz are serious CCPs even though they are also unarmed. The father in the OP is just somewhat fortunate to have found one CCP police force in Hefei City to be doing even the minimal extent of police work concerning the drug and fatal drugs.

The People's Armed Police are the paramilitary national domestic security force of 850,000 troopers organised into 48 divisions and stationed in every province. These are the guyz who responded to the Uighurs with sabres attacking in train stations and who since stand visibly at train and bus stations fully armed in combat gear and with armored vehicles in full view. If the CCP Boyz wanted to deal with drug horrors or problems in the CCP China they would put these guyz on the case, not only, but as the muscle of any anti-drug campaign. Not a chance however. PAP are also busy watching the watchers.

Edited by Publicus

I read about that last week , sad story and the kid should not have tried it out. I think think the powder comes into the country as crystal salts or something then it's changed into a drug.

stay away from all drugs !! except beer ...burp.gif

Yes, nearly 5 o'clock and then the offies open. thumbsup.gif

How many more cases of death from these synthetic highs etc do the kids need to see before they realise that the old adage "Just say no" is still valid. Unfortunately there are always those who need to burn them selves on a kettle to learn not to touch it. Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

What investigations? What outcome?

All the CCP police have are a bunch of paperwork that says nothing, falsified invoices and bogus document filings among other essentially useless things they ordered up from people who are fully protected by the CCP.

Thai police are incompetent but CCP police in criminal cases are indifferent not to mention grossly under resourced. Two safety cops to a motorcycle probably soon to be three to a cycle. A police box at an intersection with no one in it, or one cop inside with curtains drawn. A police station reception desk with five cops sitting there ignoring everyone.

The CCP Boyz in Blue.

The kid had choices................he made the wrong choice!

a

Ah here's a man and his followers that's never stepped a foot wrong in life, sainthood is not far away for you

Not a question of never being wrong, it's laying the blame at the correct place. Too many people expect everyone else to be responsible for their safety, and too many laws encouraging stupidity like that in the west. Breeding a generation of stupid people that don't have to make choices in the nanny states.

At least in LOS one's safety is up to one's self and not everyone else.

a

Ah here's a man and his followers that's never stepped a foot wrong in life, sainthood is not far away for you

Not a question of never being wrong, it's laying the blame at the correct place. Too many people expect everyone else to be responsible for their safety, and too many laws encouraging stupidity like that in the west. Breeding a generation of stupid people that don't have to make choices in the nanny states.

Anarchy.

I read about that last week , sad story and the kid should not have tried it out. I think think the powder comes into the country as crystal salts or something then it's changed into a drug.

stay away from all drugs !! except beer ...burp.gif

Yeah beer and cigarettes is fine, even though, globally more people die from the affects of tobacco and alcohol abuse than those who die from the abuse of illicit drugs.

How many more cases of death from these synthetic highs etc do the kids need to see before they realise that the old adage "Just say no" is still valid. Unfortunately there are always those who need to burn them selves on a kettle to learn not to touch it. Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

It's obvious that "just say no" does not work. Never has & never will. One of the characteristics of being young, is being wreckless and in particular in young males there exists a sense of immortality, not in all, but in the majority. Just say no, is a slogan that was devised by a senile old woman who thought people would listen to her. It was & is an epic fail. Recreational drug use will never go away, prohibition does not work. Legalisation, education and controlled distribution of drugs in the same way as is the case with tobacco and alcohol is the only way to deal with this matter.

a

Anarchy.

If you are saying that Thailand is in the grips of anarchy, you have obviously never been there.

It's obvious that "just say no" does not work. Never has & never will. One of the characteristics of being young, is being wreckless and in particular in young males there exists a sense of immortality, not in all, but in the majority. Just say no, is a slogan that was devised by a senile old woman who thought people would listen to her. It was & is an epic fail. Recreational drug use will never go away, prohibition does not work. Legalisation, education and controlled distribution of drugs in the same way as is the case with tobacco and alcohol is the only way to deal with this matter.

Strange then that most people will never try illegal drugs.

IMO, there should be freedom of choice to use any drugs that one chooses. Natural selection will then remove the most stupid people from the gene pool.

Strange then that most people will never try illegal drugs.

IMO, there should be freedom of choice to use any drugs that one chooses. Natural selection will then remove the most stupid people from the gene pool.

I agree completely, that very same process of natural selection is in motion even with the currently legal drugs, alcohol and tobacco.

Indeed, does anyone remember reefer madness, made by the USA that kind of lying made people never to trust the government again. Now weed is getting legalized so how much can you trust information of governments about drugs after so much misinformation.

I have done my fair share of drugs and never had any problems and in my circle of friends nobody ever got hooked to them. They all just used it to party and then work hard the rest of the week. For the majority of users drugs don't pose a problem at all. If you just look at the huge amounts of drugs here in Thailand and compare that with the drug incidents its clear that the majority has no problems taking and using them. Just a small minority goes over the hill with them. Just the same as with alcohol and any other drug. Though I have yet to find a drug that turns people more violent as alcohol.

Indeed, does anyone remember reefer madness, made by the USA that kind of lying made people never to trust the government again. Now weed is getting legalized so how much can you trust information of governments about drugs after so much misinformation.

I have done my fair share of drugs and never had any problems and in my circle of friends nobody ever got hooked to them. They all just used it to party and then work hard the rest of the week. For the majority of users drugs don't pose a problem at all. If you just look at the huge amounts of drugs here in Thailand and compare that with the drug incidents its clear that the majority has no problems taking and using them. Just a small minority goes over the hill with them. Just the same as with alcohol and any other drug. Though I have yet to find a drug that turns people more violent as alcohol.

there is one, it's methamphetamine, of all the drugs, this is the one that should be avoided, it's highly addictive, it causes psychosis and can turn people into violent nut jobs. Although alcohol is the number one for turning people into arse holes.

Erm. I doubt you are very old to have that opinion, but a long time friend of mine used mj for over 30 years on the very assumption you are espousing and became a raving sociopathic idiot. Tobacco will probably kill you, same with alcohol ( in excess ), and mj will certainly affect you if you use it often and long.

Erm. I doubt you are very old to have that opinion, but a long time friend of mine used mj for over 30 years on the very assumption you are espousing and became a raving sociopathic idiot. Tobacco will probably kill you, same with alcohol ( in excess ), and mj will certainly affect you if you use it often and long.

Far more people have problems from alcohol, just look at the number of violent alcoholics. Fact is just a small part of people has problems with drugs (alcohol included) most have not. All research on MJ has shown it to be far safer as alcohol its always funny how those who drink close their eyes for real research. Just look them up. Fact dont lie, and people taking alcohol hate facts as it shows their drug of choice to be one of the worst.

...and you have always made correct choices your whole life? What a cold-blooded prince you are.

Where drugs are involved, an emphatic YES!! Anybody who does that trash is surely nuts. You don't know what it is, what's in it, where I came from, and any bas**** selling it has as his only motive..... money! No principles, just greed with no regard for his customers.

How did you know I was a prince? Have we met.