exported used motorbike fro Thailand

ssids

Hi my name is Bora.

I have bought a used motorbike from my friend and i would like to ship it to Cambodia. That bike has greenbook with my friend's name on it and I do not want to transfer to my name because i am not going to use it here in Thailand, I only want to export it.

Does anyone know if i can export that motorbike without transfering my name into greenbook? because I will cancel the registration at DLT and ask the officer there to issue my name on Export License (I am the expoter) and just show them the Sale Reciept.

Does it work?

Thanks

My guess is that it won't work. And even if you get your answer regarding exporting from Thailand, you still need to know regarding importing into Cambodia.

Also as far as I know, bikes are a lot cheaper there.

My advise - sell it and buy one in Cambodia. It will probably be cheaper anyways and no headaches.

My guess is that it won't work. And even if you get your answer regarding exporting from Thailand, you still need to know regarding importing into Cambodia.

Also as far as I know, bikes are a lot cheaper there.

My advise - sell it and buy one in Cambodia. It will probably be cheaper anyways and no headaches.

Thanks for your advise. I will try to contact the DLT first then if it is hard to process this i would sell it.

For temporary export you need to present a green book on YOUR name at the border crossing. For permanent export I'm not sure but will probably be the same requirement. In fact you can export on temporary permit and just not come back if that's what you want. But then again, what are the Cambodian laws regarding import? Is a bill of sale enough for them to register your bike there or will they want to see it registered in your name? Are there any other issues to go through?

Take a look at this man: http://www.phnompenh.com/index.php?gcm=5411&gctix=5019

You can get a few years old 1000+ Superbike for around 100,000 THB! I wish we had these prices here. Not sure what you bought and how much you paid but honestly what you're trying to do doesn't make sense

For temporary export you need to present a green book on YOUR name at the border crossing. For permanent export I'm not sure but will probably be the same requirement. In fact you can export on temporary permit and just not come back if that's what you want. But then again, what are the Cambodian laws regarding import? Is a bill of sale enough for them to register your bike there or will they want to see it registered in your name? Are there any other issues to go through?

You can get a few years old 1000+ Superbike for around 100,000 THB! I wish we had these prices here. Not sure what you bought and how much you paid but honestly what you're trying to do doesn't make sense

Thanks bor for your help so far. Actually I am Khmer and I am studying in Thailand. When the bike is already reached Cambo I will find the way to get number plate and it is easy to register smuggled bike there and do not need to pay import duty tax (if you know how to get it). But the most important thing is Thai side...... because the bike belongs to Thailand, export from THailand has to be done legally.

What's the catch?

I can;t believe these prices..literally!

US$4k for a Harley. Or any of those other prices... US$20k for a Lexus suv..

Time to move

What's the catch?

I can;t believe these prices..literally!

US$4k for a Harley. Or any of those other prices... US$20k for a Lexus suv..

Time to move

I was thinking the same thing for a long time now.