Thai pedophile teacher arrested after tip off from US feds

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the linked Daily News article in the OP, he was arrested in 2004 for offences involving 10 year old school girl(s) under his supervision at the school in Uttaradit province where he taught computing and physical education. He subsequently came to some sort of financial agreement to compensate the parents. It doesn't make clear if he avoided a custodial sentence at the time. However, he gave an undertaking to leave the teaching profession and claims he set up some other business/commercial venture. It was reported that he gave the victims 10 Baht each to keep quiet about the abuse and forbade them to tell anyone.
His activities came to light again recently when he uploaded the pictures to a website and the Thai authorities were tipped off by authorities in the USA.
Wonder if he really left the teaching profession in 2004 or just set up in another school, as sometimes happens...

Well, unfortunately, there are plenty of these scumbags to go around all over the world. Sure, US law enforcement spotted it in this case, but it's good that the Thai police acted on it. It could happen (and has happened) the other way around.

With the recent cases in the news, I know that very few of us are keen on how the law enforcement in this country works at times, but this case is good (despite the fact that it took way too long to detect, but hey, just look up Sandusky or the Jared guy from Subway Sandwiches to see how these guys get away with all this crap for years, even in the west).

And not one parent went to the Police. Says it all really about Thai families doesn't it, anyone can be bought...and cheaply at that.

Think people! My kid had sex with stranger and i got money. What do you think a poor ma n pa is going to do. They think they just hit the lottery!

'... Pradit’s crimes were known to school authorities in Uttaradit, as well as some of the parents of the victims. However, it seems that for reasons unknown the crimes were not reported to the police.' The mind boggles. Though nothing like the boggling going on in those parents' minds. Perhaps they and the school should be prosecuted, too, and the kids removed.

'... Pradit’s crimes were known to school authorities in Uttaradit, as well as some of the parents of the victims. However, it seems that for reasons unknown the crimes were not reported to the police.' The mind boggles. Though nothing like the boggling going on in those parents' minds. Perhaps they and the school should be prosecuted, too, and the kids removed.

What a leap of faith to believe that nobody reported to police on this issue. The sad truth is that sex with children is barely considered more serious than wife beating and everyone knows that Thai men hitting women is ho-hum life as usual.

And not one parent went to the Police. Says it all really about Thai families doesn't it, anyone can be bought...and cheaply at that.

Think people! My kid had sex with stranger and i got money. What do you think a poor ma n pa is going to do. They think they just hit the lottery!
if you had any brain at all what about the child was ashamed / scared and didn't dare to challenge authority.

Daily News also reports that the abuse happened almost ten years ago and that Pradit’s crimes were known to school authorities in Uttaradit, as well as some of the parents of the victims.

Thai society is wonderful. Isn't it.

coffee1.gif

Stupid comment. This has been happening in your town, your country, where ever you came from! For centuries. Just look at the Catholic church child sexual abuse record - revolting. And unreported!

Stupid comment. This has been happening in your town, your country, where ever you came from! For centuries. Just look at the Catholic church child sexual abuse record - revolting. And unreported!

Exactly as follow Columbia news that reveal every week a new scandal pedophile.

crickey .......... BIB are on the ball !

but the officer is pointing to the ceiling ..... he probably hasn't done the PR photo shoot training coarse yet ... whistling.gif

I don't know why this is so amusing with every identity photograph. In courtrooms in the states the victims are also required to point to the offenders in the courtrooms. No one in attendance bursts into laughter.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment directed towards this individual I do not think we can blame Thai society. The last few years have seen many reports of paedophile rings and abuse in Western culture/society. Belgium had a very highly organized system several years ago, UK has had the recent abuse cases in Rotherham plus the historical events committed by 'celebs' some 20-30 years ago; and Austria's family in the basement was not too long ago.

It is an indication of the need to constantly protect children no matter where or who you are, and I am pretty sure that 99.99% of any population have that goal. The remainder are sexual predators who not only know they are wrong but also work out how to beat the system and feed their perverted desires.

Its ALL about the SIC Thai society mate ! No doubt that this "teacher" is a powerfull guy with a lot of connections. Why else would the parents and coppers kept silent for a decade !?

Feed them more of those daily brainless soaps where people learn that the SHIT on that is part of the culture in Thailand... Isnt it becoming time that the PM keeps the Thai people happy in a CIVIL way instead loading them every week with a bunch of crap ? coffee1.gif

Daily News also reports that the abuse happened almost ten years ago and that Pradit’s crimes were known to school authorities in Uttaradit, as well as some of the parents of the victims.

coffee1.gif

I often surmise that Thai people seemingly think a problem will go away if it is ignored or not addressed

That and the fact the man is a teacher and more often than not well respected, so confronting a teacher would be something Thai people are just not willing to do, rather just let it be and try not to think about it.

Also, more than likely they know if they started something it may not end well for them while they also know the relevant authorities more than likely will not resolve the problem anyhow....at least not without money being paid to prompt the authorities to take action...but even then it could easily be money wasted while the authorities tell them nothing can be done or tell them to let it be and try to forget what allegedly happened.

Commonly....it is Hard for anyone to get justice in this land of smiles.

Cheers

I have lived in Thailand for 15 years, and this is the FIRST time I have read about a Thai national charged with a sex offense involving minors. According to the NGOs, the media, and most Thais, only farangs sink to such depths...

You my friend are completely incorrect in your assumption.

There are unfortunately many instances of Thai nationals mostly like uncle Somchai up in the sticks interfering with minors and often of the incestuous nature also.

Probably not known unless you read or watch Thai news media.

I have lived in Thailand for 15 years, and this is the FIRST time I have read about a Thai national charged with a sex offense involving minors. According to the NGOs, the media, and most Thais, only farangs sink to such depths...

I followed a case through Thai media late last year, as i had met the man involved several times when i lived in Sa Kaeo for a year 2009-10. Englishman, 78 at that time, used to talk about his regular trips to Philippines with his fellow UK friends from Pattaya

I never made the connection, about 'why' they made these trips

He died in August 2014 while 'under investigation' by Thai police. 'age related illness' i was told. But the memory lives on, all the posts he made here will remain for the life of the forum.

His Thai wife was charged with procuring children for him and his friends through the Pattaya bar she worked at.

She was sentenced to 5 years six months imprisonment, but in March this year this was reduced on appeal to 3 years six months, with minimum 'time served' to be two years eight months. Maybe she gave some names to get this reduction.

It was reported in Thairath, but not English media - as he died before formal charges, nothing to report i suppose, just allegations against him

Edited by gomangosteen

They appear in the Thai language press regularly.

coffee1.gif

Hmm, of course societies in which major religious organizations preaching "God's word" sweep such incidents under the proverbial carpet where they fester for a number of decades are far superior, right??

but the officer is pointing to the ceiling ..... he probably hasn't done the PR photo shoot training coarse yet ... whistling.gif

I don't know why this is so amusing with every identity photograph. In courtrooms in the states the victims are also required to point to the offenders in the courtrooms. No one in attendance bursts into laughter.

Because in a court of law it is done to establish the fact that the accused is able to identify the person they are testifying against and thus strengthen the prosecutions case.

No pictures are allowed to be taken in the courtroom and splashed all over the front pages of the press the next day before any guilty verdict has been reached. (At least I think that's the case).

Here it's just a photo op where the accused is named and shamed before any sort of trial has taken place.

Edited by Bluespunk

Thai teacher arrested after US tip-off on obscene photos
NATTASUDA ANUSONDISAI, Associated Press

BANGKOK (AP) — Police in Thailand arrested a former primary school teacher who they said admitted to having sexually abused 24 schoolgirls, after a tip-off from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

The former teacher, identified as Decha Pradit, told police that he paid his young students 10 baht, the equivalent of 30 U.S. cents, and told them not to tell their parents, police Col. Mana Keabsattabut said Sunday.

Decha, who is now in his 50s, said the abuse occurred over a decade ago while he had worked as a gym teacher at a school in northern Uttaradit province from 2002 to 2004.

In 2004, he left the school after being accused of sexually abusing one of his students and settling the case with the child's parents, said Mana, the deputy director of a police anti-trafficking unit. It was not clear if that case was reported to authorities at the time.

Mana said that U.S. agents contacted Thai authorities on Sept. 9, after finding obscene photos of young girls posted on a website known to be used by pedophiles.

Using an IP address, police traced the postings to a computer at Decha's home in Uttaradit province, which borders Laos, and arrested him on Wednesday. He was charged with sexually harassing children under 15 and raping children under the age of 13.

"He confessed that he sexually abused 24 schoolgirls who were in grades 2 through 5," Mana said. It was not immediately known if all of the photographs found on the website were from the period when he was teaching.

Police found one of his alleged victims, now 20 years old, who identified Decha and said she never told her parents about the abuse that took place when she was 8.

Police confiscated several hard drives and a computer from Decha's home as part of their ongoing investigation to identify other children in the photographs, Mana said.

U.S. Embassy spokeswoman Melissa Sweeney confirmed that U.S. Homeland Security officials recently shared information with Thai authorities, which assisted an investigation leading to the Sept. 16 arrest of a Thai national for the sexual assault of minors in Thailand.

aplogo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2015-09-20

Because in a court of law it is done to establish the fact that the accused is able to identify the person they are testifying against and thus strengthen the prosecutions case.

No pictures are allowed to be taken in the courtroom and splashed all over the front pages of the press the next day before any guilty verdict has been reached. (At least I think that's the case).

Here it's just a photo op where the accused is named and shamed before any sort of trial has taken place.

"I think"?. So you don't know something for sure but feel the need to engage in debate? You sound stupid. It's their process to take a pic and point. There is nothing funny about crime and victimization. You should be quiet when you don't "know" what you are taking about.

Agree most of the child abusers in the UK are white,though not surprising when you consider that most of the population is also white.

What I took exception to was your distortion of the truth regarding Rotherham.

You stated

75 suspects ,absolute bull shit.

10 white, again bull shit.

5 Caribbean ,again bull shit.

Why do you make this figures up?

Now in your latest post you again insinuate that not all the perpetrators were Muslim, again you are wrong, at least in regards to those convicted and are know about and are still being investigated into the events in Rotherham.

So your answer is to call me an Islamophobic, perhaps you have not read today's Guardian, were there is an article regarding sexual abuse within south Asian families in the Uk ( again read Muslim) so you will now be calling the Guardian Islamophobic. Best of luck with that one.