Weakening of the Baht

All the central banks are "racing to the bottom". Expect wild volitility, and with volitility comes opportunity. Also pain and suffering, but in the words of George Soros, "Who cares?"

It is somewhat amusing to listen to all the criticism of China for its currency and market manipulation. The authorities in the US, Euro-zone, Japan, et al have been manipulating (or trying to) for all they're worth as well as accumulating unmanageable debt like a heroin addict with an AMEX card.

One of the perks of being old is knowing that I may not be around when the brown fecal matter eventually hits the rotating blades.

27th September at 15:16.

Please be more specific, GMT, EST, what time zone please as timing is a crucial factor.

I have done a detailed technical analysis and trending of the most important indicators over the last 15 years, coupled with a socio-ecomomic study of the South Easten Asia region as a whole and my study concludes as regards the THB versus the greenback exchange rate that the Thai Baht should continue to loose ground against the US dollar or on the other hand it may see gains against the USD

Please be more specific, GMT, EST, what time zone please as timing is a crucial factor.

I have done a detailed technical analysis and trending of the most important indicators over the last 15 years, coupled with a socio-ecomomic study of the South Easten Asia region as a whole and my study concludes as regards the THB versus the greenback exchange rate that the Thai Baht should continue to loose ground against the US dollar or on the other hand it may see gains against the USD

I'll just add to this that my thorough research thesis into this matter has concluded that Brits are happier with the Baht at 55/£ than they were at 45/£.....but they drink far more beer when its 75/£.

I hope this helps!

I'll just add to this that my thorough research thesis into this matter has concluded that Brits are happier with the Baht at 55/£ than they were at 45/£.....but they drink far more beer when its 75/£.

I hope this helps!

I don't think so. At 75/£ they could afford to spend a lot more in the bar. A 45/£ just buy more beer and think about what they could be doing if it was 75/£.

Spoken like a true Economst, informstive but noncommital clap2.gif

The baht is expected to fall, The same as most Southeast Asian Countries money.

By mid next year most all COUNTRYS in the world will be on their asses, a huge depression will occur gold will be the only valuable commodity and silver. And you will see more wars starting. Even the fed will be stuffed as to what they can do. Mark my words guys.

90+% of the old Prophecies have come true with Nostradamus for the 1900's and 2000's up to now, also an Irish monk who became a Saint, Saint Malachy all his Prophecies have come true up to the beginning of 2000.

For the early part of 2000's he predicted the wars that have occurred and predicted the Muslims will wage many wars.

I am not laughing at them. He also predicted a small nation in the Far East would start a huge war with destructive weapons. Would that be North Korea ?????

One of the perks of being old is knowing that I may not be around when the brown fecal matter eventually hits the rotating blades.

But one of the drawbacks of being old is failing eyesight, the ability to move quickly, or the grey matter doesn't respond as fast as it used too, then getting covered in the brown faecal matter is par for the course........unless it's an accident, then wearing tight briefs could save the day.

All the central banks are "racing to the bottom". Expect wild volitility, and with volitility comes opportunity. Also pain and suffering, but in the words of George Soros, "Who cares?"

Great comment, except I wish you'd used a spellchecker for "volatility". Apologies for being pedantic.

The baht is expected to fall, The same as most Southeast Asian Countries money.

By mid next year most all COUNTRYS in the world will be on their asses, a huge depression will occur gold will be the only valuable commodity and silver. And you will see more wars starting. Even the fed will be stuffed as to what they can do. Mark my words guys.

90+% of the old Prophecies have come true with Nostradamus for the 1900's and 2000's up to now, also an Irish monk who became a Saint, Saint Malachy all his Prophecies have come true up to the beginning of 2000.

For the early part of 2000's he predicted the wars that have occurred and predicted the Muslims will wage many wars.

I am not laughing at them. He also predicted a small nation in the Far East would start a huge war with destructive weapons. Would that be North Korea ?????

Let me guess, you bought gold while it was high and now ......ooops

The Bath will hopefully fall and stabilize, hopefully stay at the exchange rate it had years ago. It should have staid there as the Philipino pesos have done. It will help the tourism and export in Thailand and hopefully make the country stronger. Yes it will be more expensive for all expats that are dependent on imported food items. For all low budget retirees it will be a somewhat better.

As the weakening Bht seems to puzzle some people, this comment seems overdue.

The good old days:

- Thailand was never ravaged by wars in the last century. Infrastructure intact as opposed to neighboring countries. After the Vietnam war was over, as the only country left "intact" it became an attractive place to invest for foreign (large) companies. At the same time, tourism started to kick in, in ever increasing rates year by year.

Outside of other external factors: Such a constellation tends to strengthen a currency in comparison of other currencies that are not in such favorable circumstances. = The good old days.

Today:

- Thailand is surrounded by hungry neighbors. And they are catching up at a breathtaking pace. While Thailand (and it's current government) is insisting that "Thainess" must remain the compass into Thailands furure.

- Neighboring countries think somewhat different. They are placing their bets on education of the young and openness to the rest of the word.

And now some people are wondering, why the Bht is weakening.

Cheers.

By year-end Bt37.152 to 1 USD

Post 2015 Bt38.000 to 1 USD

the longer this coup government is in control , the "happiness" will come at a price . i feel 40-42 baht per usd is about right by January 2016 ............

If there is the merest hint that a foreign country i.e. Japan / China is about to invest in anything in Thailand the Baht will be manipulated upwards again wiping out any "gains" the foreigners might have enjoyed recently when going out to buy essentials for day to day life.

Apart from Singapore and maybe Malaysia all the surrounding countries have toilet paper for money. i.e. it is cheaper to use the money than buy the real stuff in a shop. How Thailand manages to have a better rate than places that are not run by Military Junta's defies logic. As does something called the Greek monetary crisis which has vanished beneath the headlines in Europe due to floods of refugees rampaging across the borders.....talk about taking the eye off the ball and being distracted...?

Amazing really.