New study shows Thai likes Danes better than Norwegian

webfact

Having worked with lots of Norwegians I can only confirm that the Thai judgement of them is 100% correct.

Some of the laziest,self righteous and pompous people I have had the displeasure of working with.

They are however quite funny and often good company in a bar setting.

Interesting you say that, as an Aussie living and working in Australia I found the English to be the most lazy and critical of anyone in a work setting so now I know the Norwegians are the most laziest good for nothing's on the planet instead.

More laid back is probably the best description if you compare them with other Scandinavians, but I am sure it is because of the prices of alcohol.

Good thing they stopped pillaging, killing ad raping a long time ago - I think the other Europeans were getting a bit annoyed with that every year.

i once flew on a long business class flight with a Norwegian... he told me every single person in the country makes at least 100k USD per year...and -- as many on TV -- was very negatively disposed to US politics. Anyway, if the income statement is true, I believe the Norwegians would trump the Danes in Thailand. Though I must admit, the Danes are cool.

So International companies that pay Thai salaries, bring in business, improve the country, change the country, develop the country - must all bow down to Thai culture, not be critical, not expect too much, be jovial and fun and let the Thais do whatever they want... and in return - they will be liked???
LOL please....

i once flew on a long business class flight with a Norwegian... he told me every single person in the country makes at least 100k USD per year...and -- as many on TV -- was very negatively disposed to US politics. Anyway, if the income statement is true, I believe the Norwegians would trump the Danes in Thailand. Though I must admit, the Danes are cool.

They are not true so he was lying. The income in Norway starts at around 50000 USD. Teachers , nurses, shop assistants can not expect to earn more than that or maybe up to 60000 USD. Still a decent salary.Yes there are some people who earns more than that.

But I have to add that the taxes are killing us, expect to pay 40% back to the state , in return you'll get free healthcare and good welfare pensions.

Edited by balo

Hmm I had a dannish this morning after I woke with a norwegian wood Or am'I out of context here? I'm so confused and really don't care. But the part of Thai's needing details on what to do I totally agree: IE need floor cleaned tell Thai get mop and bucket out of closet put water in bucket add soap insert mop into bucket wring mop out put on soiled spot move mop back and forth till spot clean place mop in bucket rinse mop off wring dry again change water in bucket with clean water place in bucket again wring dry return to spot mopped go over it again dump out water return mop and bucket to closet then free time go pick your nose. Not thai bashing but just a fact.

Edited by Strangebrew

As a Norwegian: sounds reasonable. Danes are more laidback and humorous, and just better business people. But this is coming from 255 middle managers from 14 companies in Thailand, so it's a pretty limited scope.

Also Danish women are fatter and uglier than Norwegian ones (scientific fact).

Maybe those Danish guys in Pattaya have a reputation for overpaying the girls.

I would question how many Thais would even know a Dane from a Norwegian from a Finn from a Swede from a . . .

They can not separate the Scandinavians from each other, but from the rest of the crowd.

The Scandinavians are more handsum, for example never were wife beaters with Chang written over it.

Having worked with lots of Norwegians I can only confirm that the Thai judgement of them is 100% correct.

Some of the laziest,self righteous and pompous people I have had the displeasure of working with.

They are however quite funny and often good company in a bar setting.

Until it is their turn to pay.

I wonder how many Thais could get within 1000 km if they had to locate these countries on a map.

As it happens I think quit a few. One of my friends has just come back from a holliday in the fiords, Many go every year,just to add Thai.

Doesn't mean they could find it on a map though.

And the next significant study will show that Thais prefer Englishmen over their Scottish, Irish and Welsh colleagues. Or something like that. Then there's Canucks, Yanks and Mehicans.

Not forgetting Ozzie's, sheep-shagger's and Tasmanian's.

Edited by Artisi