Auschwitz: Woman, 91, accused of complicity in murder of 260,000 Jews

webfact

Woman, 91, accused of complicity in murder of 260,000 Jews

KIEL: -- A 91-YEAR-OLD woman who worked at Auschwitz has been accused of complicity in the murders of at least 260,000 Jews during World War II, the German news agency DPA says. The woman, who worked as a telegraph operator in Auschwitz, would be tried in a court for minors because she was under 21 at the time of alleged crimes, the agency said.

A court in the northern German city of Kiel is to decide whether to proceed with a trial next year, taking both the charges against her and her health into consideration, DPA said, quoting the city’s chief prosecutor, Heinz Dollel.

Dollel did not name the woman but said she belonged to an all-female unit that helped the Nazi SS in concentration camps, and that she was accused in connection with events between April to July 1944.

Those three months correspond to a time when huge numbers of Hungarian Jews were murdered in the gas chambers of the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/woman-91-accused-of-complicity-in-murder-of-260000-jews/story-fnh81p7g-1227538327260

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2015-09-22

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is Nazis.

Auschwitz is another thing.

But "The woman, who worked as a telegraph operator in Auschwitz, would be tried in a court " is a bit too far-fetched.

Even for some guilt stricken German Chief Prosecutor from Kiel. Ridiculous IMHO.

A 91 year old to be tried in juvenile court?

Yes, that is highly irregular, but the reasons were explained in the OP.

Anyway, this is up to the German authorities. It won't be much longer until there are no longer any alleged Nazi war criminals left. So she might just be the last.

Edited by Jingthing

One thing is Nazis.

Auschwitz is another thing.

But "The woman, who worked as a telegraph operator in Auschwitz, would be tried in a court " is a bit too far-fetched.

Even for some guilt stricken German Chief Prosecutor from Kiel. Ridiculous IMHO.

If that is all she did I agree with you.

Of course she did many other things.

she was underage.

she was complicit.

she was complicit in 260,000 counts.

she was involved in events between April to July 1944.

Let us hear the events first. But the OP is painting the oil picture in a style where I can see no details.

Her age then and now is not precluding her from being prosecuted.

But if she was a telegraph operator... rolleyes.gif

Edited by ABCer

Surely there are more people who are more culpable than some young german girl working a telegraph. How about the train drivers who drove the trains?, the farmers who supplied the camps with food? A large camp like Auschwitz did not arise out of nothing and was not self sustaining, there were thousands of people directly and indirectly responsible for its ongoing operation, and these it seems to me are more culpable than this young girl who is being targeted just because she was there.

This is a pathetic waste of time.

They could have prosecuted tens of thousands of people for who worked in the supporting services that kept the concentration camps working with charges like this decades ago when they were all still alive but chose not to.

It sounds to me like they've ran out of actual real targets and are now going after the low hanging fruit.

I guess they will be rounding up clerks, janitors, cleaners, cooks and other office staff for years to come.

What a joke

One can reply or input any reasonable and respectful comment to such topic, but to label it as a joke?

there is nothing to joke about the holocaust or the people that were a part of it be it German

or others...

The joke is that the global Jewish community has been whining about their particular holocaust for the past 70-years. Oops! I forgot! The Jewish are god's chosen people, so all of the other holocaust evens (since 1945), affecting all the "gentile" people of the world, can be simply dismissed, as non-events, I suppose.whistling.gif

A 91 year-old woman, who was a teenaged "telegraph operator" @ the time, being considered complicite to the deeds of the Nazi-SS "hierachy" of Auschwitz, is a real joke coffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

Still so many mentally diseased Jew haters in the world and we've got our share posting on this forum. Maybe wait until the evidence is presented in this particular case before anyone passes judgment on her culpability. Again this is what the German authorities decided to do ... it's up to them.

Personally I will be happy to see the last of these cases. The really big Nazi fish either escaped completely, already tried, and/or long dead. These cases against the Nazi flotsam and jetsam seem to largely serve to rile up the Jew haters.

Edited by Jingthing

Still so many mentally diseased Jew haters in the world and we've got our share posting on this forum. Maybe wait until the evidence is presented in this particular case before anyone passes judgment on her culpability. Again this is what the German authorities decided to do ... it's up to them.

Personally I will be happy to see the last of these cases. The really big Nazi fish either escaped completely, already tried, and/or long dead. These cases against the Nazi flotsam and jetsam seem to largely serve to rile up the Jew haters.

Au contraire, these cases are normally brought up by Jewish organizations.

So you're just here to rag on Jews ... is that it? Dude what about THIS case? Is the German government pressing the charges a Jewish organization? Edited by Jingthing

The real irony is that there are over 300,000 survivors.

Estimates, I think, cite 200,000 survivors. But why is that ironic? More than a million were murdered there.

All the hands on work in killing process was done by Sondere Kommandos who were Jewish. They could not refuse to do that work and the 20 year old telegraph operator could not refuse to do her work. If there ever would be a refusal, you would think the Jews working the gassings would refuse and take whatever results.

All the survivors would have to have been younger than the Nazi staff to out survive them by that number. The young were normally selected to be killed right off the train because they had no labor benefit to the camps.

Edited by Pakboong

Blame the Jews for their own genocide. Judeophobia -- the gift that keeps on giving. To add the guy I am addressing constantly posts bizarre Jewish related conspiracy theories and has even openly said he is sometimes antisemitic when it serves his purposes.

Like I said before I am not thrilled with these cases against B and C level Nazis because it stirs up the mentally ill Jew haters.

The Jew obsessed somehow can't even consider there Might be a good case against this lady. Instead their energy is focused on blaming Jews.

Edited by Jingthing

Jew "haters", you say? I don;t think so. Germany is entering it's 4th.generation of post WWII German people. A 70-year apology is looooong enough, sir! Time to move progressively along, especially when we consider that Josef Stalin murdered far more Jews (during the 1930s Kremlin Purges), than Adolf Hitler ever did. Just the facts, sir!

Now, the flip-side to that coin is that the honest people of the world, will always come to eventually hate the "liars" of the world! Let the truth be twhistling.gifld! "You can fool some of the people all of the time; or all of the people, some of the time, but you can never fool all of the people, all of the the time" ~ Abraham Lincoln coffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

So you're just here to rag on Jews ... is that it? Dude what about THIS case? Is the German government pressing the charges a Jewish organization?
You were talking generally 'these cases'. As I said, normally Jewish institutions are the ones that came up with the perps and atrocities committed. My point was that your opinion 'these cases are brought to rile up the Jew haters' is nonsense. Edited by stevenl

Personally I will be happy to see the last of these cases. The really big Nazi fish either escaped completely, already tried, and/or long dead. These cases against the Nazi flotsam and jetsam seem to largely serve to rile up the Jew haters

There are even more mentally diseased Islam haters nowadays, also on this forum. I am sure you yourself know a few.

Unlike what you might think, I dont think there are that many Jew haters on this forum. There are quite a few forum members who are sick and tired of the atrocities inflicted on Palestinian people by the state of Israel, but that doesn't make them Jew haters.

I fully agree that this case is being brought to court. Even if the lady "only worked" as a radio operator, she knew what was happening in Auschwitz and still she stayed. Let justice be done, even after 70 years! Fascism is the worst mental disease there is in the world and in my view only fascist or apologist from other atrocities would find that someone who "worked" at Auschwitz should not be punished for what he/she has done

So you're just here to rag on Jews ... is that it? Dude what about THIS case? Is the German government pressing the charges a Jewish organization?
You were talking generally 'these cases'. As I said, normally Jewish institutions are the ones that came up with the perps and atrocities committed. My point was that your opinion 'these cases are brought to rile up the Jew haters' is nonsense.
I never said what you just accused me of saying! Please be more careful about posting such garbage. I never said the cases were brought with the intention of riling up Jew haters but rather I was pointing out that they do rile up Jew haters. Not the same thing at all.

Also to add the way you falsely paraphrased my post with quotes no less blatantly served to support your total distortion of what I actually said. Not sure what kind of messed up game you're playing with such sleazy tactics but it is not ok.

Edited by Jingthing

I am Jew, and my family was murdered in Auschwitz.

Was war, and many people in the German Army do not had other choice that obey or be killed by their superiors.

I am Jew, and I was proud of what other Jews created in Israel after 1948. Not of what are doing now, in Israel and abroad, with the support of some Western countries. Killing hundred of thousand of innocent people for power and money.

Those people, from the Israeli PM to former and present politicians in the US and BK, are FREE, wealthier than ever, and creating revolutions and wars to keep the killing going.

Those are real mass murderers, not a 91 years old lady that is just another victim of WW2.

Edited by BKResort