Putin calls Elton John, promises to meet with him

webfact

Putin calls Elton John, promises to meet with him

MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin has called British musician Elton John and agreed to meet him. This time it's for real.

After John posted a message on Instagram last week, thanking Putin for calling him, two Russian pranksters admitted that it was them who called John and fooled him into believing that Putin had given him a call.

Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov told Russia news agencies on Thursday that the Russian president, who was hosting a meeting on agriculture in a corn field in southern Russia, took time after the meeting to speak to John.

Peskov quoted Putin as saying: "I know that those phone pranksters fooled you. Please don't be angry with them."

"Putin also said that he understands how popular Elton John is, so if their schedules permit, he will be willing to meet him in the future and discuss any issues that he is concerned about," Peskov said.

Earlier this month, John criticized Russia's law against gay "propaganda" and comments by Putin suggesting that gay people prey on children.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-09-25

That will be one weird meeting. The imagination runs crazy with speculation:

"Hi, Sir Elton Johnny... I've been waiting a long time for that borscht massage and candlelight vigil to the Lord of Cucumbers...." or

"Welcome to Russia. You are now under arrest for supporting sexual terrorism." or

"Who were you singing to when you wrote 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road'?"

The mind boggles.

Perhaps a private rendition of this old classic is in order.

Cool. Is it cold?

I guess this was from Elton's "bisexual" phase. I remember when that came out what a big deal it was ... couldn't go so far as to come out gay back then, but it was still a big deal.

Edited by Jingthing