PM Prayut pledges to press forward all latest national economic and social development plans

Lite Beer

PM Prayut pledges to press forward all latest national economic and social development plans

BANGKOK, 27 September 2015 (NNT) - The Prime Minister has pledged to push forward all plans to develop the country’s economy and social affairs while adhering to the principles of national reform.

Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha said during his weekly TV program “Returning Happiness to the People” that the government’s plan to move forward the country has been added with all the 11 reform ideas from the National Council for Peace and Order and 36 propositions from the National Reform Council.

PM Prayut said that the government has also been introducing new policies and included them in the 12th National Economic and Social Development Plan (2017-2021) and the 20-year national strategy to be a compass to take the country forward.

He added that the government will always adopt His Majesty the King’s Sufficiency Economy philosophy and the notion that the people will have to be at the center and take part in the development process.

The PM went on to say that the 12th NESD Plan will be disclosed in October 2016.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-27 footer_n.gif

So the people need to be the centre of the development process, and there have been 47 reform propositions so far in 18 months after the coup to undertake urgent reform.

So we are 18 months in of this people centred development, can anyone tell me what any of these 47 reform propositions are?

"OH BOY! Lets turn the internet off and see what happens. This is more fun than riding around on a scooter without a helmet!"

"what do you want to do tomorrow, peg the Baht to the Renminbi?"

"i don't know, will it be more fun than driving through a flooded intersection?"

"wait, lets attack Vietnam!"

"cool!"

The trouble is that him and many others like him refuse to let go of outdated ideas, therefore the country will never ever prosper under his reign.

Money is being lavished on internal security these days, big brother is getting fat and very powerful.

Being that I gave up on leaders everywhere in the world a long time ago I do not care what the PM does .All I want is to be able to live in Thailand and express my opinion without worries of going to jail or getting an Attituude Adjustment. All i want is freedom of speech. Maybe I willnot live long enough to ever have that again in Thailand.

Being that I gave up on leaders everywhere in the world a long time ago I do not care what the PM does .All I want is to be able to live in Thailand and express my opinion without worries of going to jail or getting an Attituude Adjustment. All i want is freedom of speech. Maybe I willnot live long enough to ever have that again in Thailand.

I'm afraid global tendency is moving away from 'freedom of speech' by changing from a black/white point of view to defining 'grey' areas.

BTW personally I don't think Thailand ever had real 'freedom of speech'. It always tended to be unhealthy to speak against those in whatever power, be that local powers, police/army or politicians. Even normal Thai seem to like to resolve verbal conflicts violently as that shows' power'.

"...adhering to the principles of national reform."

Sixteen months since the coup, somewhat longer since Suthep insisted the elected government surrender power to an unnamed group for unspecified reforms, and I still don't know what these reforms are. Unless you count the attempt to ensure future elected government's are subservient to unelected counsels.

My first impression is that the PM starts to sound as much like any of his predecessor.

Took you a while to form that first impression. Only 18ths but you got there.... round of applause for uncle clap2.gif

2013-01-26:

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Saturday stressed the government's four-point national strategy and infrastructure investment plan to move the country forward for sustainable growth....The strategies would drive the country forward in a sustainable manner in accordance with His Majesty the King’s sufficiency economy initiatives"

More plagarism?

He has just told the UN there will be elections in 2017- unless-----?

... unless the terrorists get the order and the funding (but mainly the funding).

Don't concern yourself : it isn't going to happen. The bogeyman realises he can't win against someone who cannot be bought and has an army behind him to prove it.

But you can console yourself : normal service will be resumed once the people enforcing the law can be bought again. The dirty business you obviously support will soon get back to normal.

Then you have another 10 years or so of cheating and stealing before the next coup.

My first impression is that the PM starts to sound as much like any of his predecessor.

Took you a while to form that first impression. Only 18ths but you got there.... round of applause for uncle clap2.gif

2013-01-26:

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Saturday stressed the government's four-point national strategy and infrastructure investment plan to move the country forward for sustainable growth....The strategies would drive the country forward in a sustainable manner in accordance with His Majesty the King’s sufficiency economy initiatives"

More plagarism?

I'm sure PM Prayut pays copyright fees, but not to Ms. Yingluck though.

as for some EnglishOak, well, are you suggesting that 12 months ago PM Prayut sounded the same, or are you like me referring to the statements in the topic?

He has just told the UN there will be elections in 2017- unless-----?

... unless the terrorists get the order and the funding (but mainly the funding).

Don't concern yourself : it isn't going to happen. The bogeyman realises he can't win against someone who cannot be bought and has an army behind him to prove it.

But you can console yourself : normal service will be resumed once the people enforcing the law can be bought again. The dirty business you obviously support will soon get back to normal.

Then you have another 10 years or so of cheating and stealing before the next coup.

EnglishJohn's unlimited faith in the virtue of inexplicably wealthy generals continues.

Edited by heybruce

Well you just did express your opinion. Trouble is, us farangs are outsiders and dont get to vote, so it doesnt mean shjt to anyone in Thailand.

As for other farangs reading your opinion on here, i suspect many dont even properly read the OPs or others opinions..they just prattle on with their own outdated jibberish.

Of course, those that do reply only do so if they can get off a snide comment or be a smart-ar$e

:0)

You know. The might just actually be the solution to people wanting coups to solve problems. He really is that incompetent that, people might prefer even the worst politicians over army generals forever.

Oh, I don't know. It's a pretty tight contest. Army generals vs a figure like Thaksin. In the race to the bottom, I'd say Thaksin leads by a nose. It is a heckuva choice though ... The single internet gateway, if it ever comes to pass, oughta' put 'em just about neck 'n neck.

But "the people" learning anything? Forever?? The public's memory doesn't extend beyond about 10mins and their own pockets!