My VPN Has Been Blocked - Signs Of Things To Come?

quandow

I tried going to a link from Facebook to DailyMail.CO.UK

As usual, I got the Thai Green Screen of "No no no, you can't go there." Started up my VPN (BTGuard) which has faithfully gotten around this annoying BS, and I HAVE BEEN BLOCKED BY THE SAME GREEN SCREEN!

North Korean Internet coming to a computer near you?

There's just too much paranoia about this proposed single internet gateway. Some people are considering moving as if that will be the end of the Internet. Insanity. How many times have I heard about some project being discussed by the government and it either goes away or they are still discussing it ten years later. My experience has been that when a lot of sites are suddenly inaccessible it is not a conspiracy but a temporary problem with the local ISP's dns routing servers. Hey chill out people.

Yes DTAC seem to be more open for all sorts of websites. Dtac are owned by a Norwegian company so maybe they think different......

Dtac is a Thai company with Norwegian shareholders who are not exempt from Thai laws.
I know that , still they seem to more open to foreign websites than 100% Thai owned companies like TOT ,3BB etc. Edited by balo

Dailymail links from ninemsn are still blocked on my dtac mobile.

i did notice i could access the dailymail for a short time yesterday morning then it was blocked again.

Just opened the DM mobile version on Dtac not 30 seconds ago, top story in the UK section is the "blood moon" .....

Some really funny comments here.

All that confusion about dailymail is an ARGUMENT for this single gateway (at least from "their" perspective).

It just proofs that theu are not able to consistently enforce their blocking policy.

dailymail.co.uk blocked as usual (ToT).

Yes DTAC seem to be more open for all sorts of websites. Dtac are owned by a Norwegian company so maybe they think different......

What they think does not count. All these companies work under Thai law.

Same for banks with some "foreign" name operating in Thailand.

None is above the rules.

Its just inconsistent handling.

Edited by KhunBENQ

You could try ignoring the Daily Mail. That also works!

I agree the last time I saw the Daily Mail in England it was a rag

Today I will not associate with anyone that reads rag

It should be blocked and ban all over the world

It still is a rag...but deciding you would associate with someone on the basis that they read a rag, indicates how shallow and superficial and pompus you really are then...

i read the daily mail, the telegraph, The times, the economist and a multitude of other papers on line as well ;)

Dailymail links from ninemsn are still blocked on my dtac mobile.

i did notice i could access the dailymail for a short time yesterday morning then it was blocked again.

Just opened the DM mobile version on Dtac not 30 seconds ago, top story in the UK section is the "blood moon" .....
Gotta laugh..its still blocked on my dtac but i can access via ais wifi