Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes ,having difficulty streaming from some sites,maybe they are testing

the Great firewall of Thailand,and slower Internet is what we will have to

look forward to.unless there is a cable that has broken in the middle of

the Ocean again.

regards Worgeordie

The undersea internet cable is broken again near Hong Kong. Repairs are supposed to start tomorrow (29th), and will take one week or so... depending on the weather. More details here:

http://kickerdaily.com/undersea-internet-cable-breaks-again-causes-slow-internet-across-southeast-asia/

Edited by EddieBaBaBoBo

I am in BKK and have 35Mbps Cable and the last 3 days it has been shocking. Most sites load temperamentally and speeds test vary minute to minute but often less than 0.5Mbps.

I called true and they said something about a technician looking today, i had a call but I was at work. Got home hoping they looked at local street but no change.

Will cancel my package tomorrow and move it to a cheaper one as I am not paying nearly 2000tbh a month for this, disgrace.

I have AIS fiber optic package and the speed test to the AIS server is fine during week days.

But what sucks are the international connections. My mailserver is located in Europe and I am having real problems getting my mail. On Sunday I usually watch Formula 1 with my tablet showing the timing from a server in the UK. The app could not connect during most of the race.

So there must be more than the HK cable broken. Big Brother?

Yes, has been this way for the past two weeks for me, am also with 3BB and in Loei province. Not being fully computer illiterate I don't know the mb's I am on but it is the B610 a month package and is a broadband connection with wireless router. Some days it has taken at least ten minutes to get going, other days I give up and shut down or restart a number of times without any satisfaction. Today, it is quite quick and no problems at this stage other than I find it slower when opening posts on TVF. Have no idea why and cannot get a satisfactory answer form 3BB as to why.

Added.

Just did a check on my internet speed and these results came up. Maybe some can explain this as I really do not have a clue to this jargon. Download speed: 1.51 mbps. Upload speed:0.51mbps.

Latency:204ms and jitter:2ms. I don't know but it doesn't look a lot. Is this poor, average or reasonable? Thanks for any information.

Edited by Si Thea01

Something is definitely up...

I am noticing youtube effected, less in the ability to stream and more in a huge delay (like 10 - 20 seconds) starting embedded YT clips and weird things like loss of control pop ups..

That kind of thing doesnt seem broken cable related.. Someones playing with the switches !!

Hilariously and ironically, clicking the link to the this article timed out twice, declared connection reset, fourth time was a charm. Word is that the internet at immigration is slow too, causing more than usual delays and headaches.

I had the same thing, this article timed out twice. Others here have not opened today or if posting a comment all but one have timed out. On TOT and live north of Chiang Rai..

From Samui the Internet speed is extremely slow on some sites, while others in same country/region are very fast. I’m on TOT, ADSL cable. Speed measured at local proxy is normal, so probably some routing problems. In my end (Samui/Surat Thani) for example Thai Visa works excellent fast, but Facebook (unreachable) slow in periods (could be their server); also other sites unreachable or extremely slow in long periods.