Tax ID - online application / filing

Hi all

I need to apply for a tax id to account for my rental income (I know most don't declare but don't want to take any chances). Been told its possible to apply for tax id online - and then subsequently submit tax returns - on the revenue's english language website but can't for life of me find this. Has anyone done this before and can direct me to the appropriate place?

Thanks

• 5 months later...
Tax returns thereafter are increasingly being done online, easier and faster.

I see nothing easy or fast about Thai websites entirely in Thai. I'll stick with the nice lady who fills in my form for me at the Revenue Office.

You can't get a tax ID online, you need to go to the Amphur tax office in the first instance to get that in person.

Thanks, I will do that.

Just a side question. Can I use this taxed rental income as my 3 years requirement for Residence Permit?

You can't get a tax ID online, you need to go to the Amphur tax office in the first instance to get that in person.

Thanks, I will do that.

Just a side question. Can I use this taxed rental income as my 3 years requirement for Residence Permit?

I don't understand the question:

"Can I use this taxed rental income as my 3 years requirement for Residence Permit"?

That rental income can't be used as the 800k in the bank for a retirement visa but I'm unsure whether it can be used for the 65k a month income for the same, is that what you're asking?

Thanks, I will do that.

"Can I use this taxed rental income as my 3 years requirement for Residence Permit"?

That rental income can't be used as the 800k in the bank for a retirement visa but I'm unsure whether it can be used for the 65k a month income for the same, is that what you're asking?

To get Residence Permit need 3 years continious stay in Thailand and also paying taxes. Does the taxed rental income count for the Residence Permit?

Thanks, I will do that.

To get Residence Permit need 3 years continious stay in Thailand and also paying taxes. Does the taxed rental income count for the Residence Permit?

Sorry, I don't know.

I think you mean "permanent residency". If so, you probably wont get it. Hardly anyone ever does.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/74654-cameratas-guide-to-the-permanent-residence-process

It's not obvious to me what one gains from it anyway, as it isn't really a permanent attribution at all.

I think you mean "permanent residency". If so, you probably wont get it. Hardly anyone ever does.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/74654-cameratas-guide-to-the-permanent-residence-process

It's not obvious to me what one gains from it anyway, as it isn't really a permanent attribution at all.

A 5 year visa without 90 days report for something around 90k THB in my case becauseI have a Thai child is definetly a big bonus.

A 5 year visa without 90 days report for something around 90k THB in my case becauseI have a Thai child is definetly a big bonus.

OK, I can see that, though I dont suppose too many people are in your position.

Certainly for anyone who qualifies for a retirement or marriage extension both are much cheaper. The 90-day requirement only takes about 5 minutes of my time, and so is of no concern.

Thanks, I will do that.

No. The reason why not is because you need a work permit for 3 continuous years to enable a Permanent Residence application to succeed. To get the work permit you (and your employer) have to comply with many additional requirements. In all honesty getting paid a salary is the easy bit.

Hi guys,

I have received the tax form for filing tax. However I do not have income for 2015. Do I still need to file in or ignore it?

Thanks.

I had the same this year after claiming a refund for tax withheld on account interest and being paid out in January - the forms arrived in March. Went to the local revenue office and eventually was directed to someone who said just ignore and took the forms off me. This was at the Jomtien office.