Reporting work permit violation

Hi,

my 4-year old has recently been the subject of a kiddie fiddler at her school in Pattaya.

A report to the local police has resulted in passing the buck to 3 other police stations..but too much of a hot potato for any of them to handle.

When I surreptitiously obtained details of the teacher's passport and visa I found he had a tourist visa with no work permit.

The school won't get rid of him although he poses a risk to children, so I informed the police of his work permit violation.

I was told to forget it, as they had an 'arrangement' with the school not to upset the boat...I presume a tea money bribe.

I think my only course of action is to inform immigration but I can't see from their website any way of doing this.

Can any of you help me get rid of this 'Gary Glitter' clone?

If you can't get any joy from the police & immigration, try the labour office. They will be interested!

The above is of course the legal approach.................wink.png

Good luck

Edit: You could again take it above the police's heads and report to the army; could prove to be a benchmark for seeking justice. i would be sure of my facts before taking this road though

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 1

First you go to the English speaking tourist police and register a complaint.....This is how things are done in Thailand.

You need his name, workplace, and or telephone number.

Secondly if you have enough information you file charges against him.

Or as stated go to MOE.

What proof do you have?

• Like 1

If the school has a deal with police, they might also have an arrangement with MOE.

If the school choses to cover him up, you will be a foreigner against Thai companies, which has almost zero chances to get anywhere.

Sex offenses are very difficult cases to process in a "normal democracy", and almost impossible here.

It's your little 4 year old's word against them, which here means nothing.

• Like 1

I've already removed my child, but I would think others will still be at risk.

The headmaster at the school has done nothing about him, but other teachers who my wife has informed, are worried.

As stated you lodge the complaint with both the DOL and immigration as they are Police as well, if the local BiB are giving you the run around

Be cautious as the accusation if proven unfounded can land you in a lot of legal problems........Im not saying its unfounded but it seems like your efforts so far have gone by the wayside.....Try and gather proof......I would talk to a lawyer you know as well to cover yourself.

• Like 2

This is the complaint of a child against a (temp) school teacher.

Who would take the word of a child?

How can the school pursue a complaint until many more children are abused?

How many more have to be abused?

What shocks me is that no-one has asked me for the name of the school involved.

Is no-one concerned that this same teacher will attack their children?

You see a guy working illegally fondling your baby.

They see a school business being disrupted by some embarrassing accusations by a foreigner with only his word as evidence.

And for them, it's way more important.

Unless you find other parents to support your claim, you don't stand a chance.

This is the complaint of a child against a (temp) school teacher.

Who would take the word of a child?

How can the school pursue a complaint until many more children are abused?

How many more have to be abused?

What shocks me is that no-one has asked me for the name of the school involved.

Is no-one concerned that this same teacher will attack their children?

No one had asked simply because if you name and shame the school here the thread will be closed, as you know Thailand has some serious defamation laws and one party can sue the accusing party even if the accusations are true

You need to take this to the authorites be it the DOL, immigration or others and let them investigate and if warranted take the further needed steps

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

I would urge great caution here.

Do you really want a four year old to be interrogated by the Police?

Are there any physical signs of "abuse" ? If so has the child been medically examined and evidential photographs taken ?

As already alluded the risk of a charge of defamation hangs like the Sword of Damocles unless you are in possession of some powerful and compelling evidence for the accusations being made.

• Like 1

I would personally get a letter from your lawyer sent to the head of the school stating the alleged offence and your intention to report it to the relevant authorities including the Army and media also including the illegal working practice within the school and see what follows...