Photos of farang man begging at Suvarnabhumi airport go viral

webfact

Photos of farang man begging at Suvarnabhumi airport go viral

f3.jpg

image: A’Oatz Phaserpong

BANGKOK:-- Photographs have emerged of a foreign man begging at Suvarnabhumi airport.

The photographs, which were posted by the YouLike Facebook page, show the man sitting on the airport concourse alongside a handwritten note that reads:

Hi, I need help to come back to Spain

I haven’t money for food and drink

Thanks

Love and peace

note.jpg

image: A’Oatz Phaserpong

People commenting on the photographs questioned the motives of the unnamed foreigner, who was later questioned by tourist police officers at the airport.

f2.jpg

Image: Krit Yaemthipkul

Recent years has seen a rise in the number of report about foreigners begging in Thailand.

German born Benjamin Holse became arguably the most well known foreign beggar in Thailand, when his antics hit the headlines last year.

Holse was eventually deported from Thailand. However, he soon made his way to the Philippines where he started begging on the streets of Manila. Reports from as recent as last week suggest that Holse is now in Cambodia.

In 2013, the plight of foreign beggars was highlighted in an article by UK newspaper The Independent.

In April 2015, the military government approved the Control of Begging Act which allows the authorities the right to deport any foreigner caught begging in Thailand.

tvn.png
-- 2015-10-05

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everytime i fly from swampy when i sit ion the seats across from the airline check in desks (where they sometime have cars on show), if i sit for longer that 30 mins using the wifi i guarantee that i will be approaced at least every 10 minutes by people asking for money to leave thailand ..Indian women , Russian men, so many europeans I've lost count...I no longer sit around there as its a pain and I am very aware they are possibly pick pockets too..one very European big guy (fat) has been doing this for 3 years that i know of blink.png

um, have they even checked any begger? the begger mafia controll all the bridges and fills them with cheap cambodians. thats why there is only one per bridge.

Is this another new "low" that has been reached.............."cheap cambodians"..

My God...where does it end....or is it a sinking hole with no bottom to it?.

This is definitely not a new phenomenon. The only thing new about it is the coverage on the various media and social exposure networks. Now having said that, the begging part of it is a bit new. The begging was not very prevalent years back however, completely running out of all resources and still wanting to stay and chase tail and drink and not go home is very old. One guy in the 1980's got down on his luck and met a girl who was a nurse and a real kinky kid. So they started a private S&M house out in Lad Prao. It ran ok for a while one assumes because he seemed to have enough cash to get around. Then one day he was in the newspaper. He was charged with pimping his girlfriend and her friends (not sure if they were nurses though). You could not miss him he was 6'1" , very fat and the thickest glasses you have ever seen. Ok, fast forward about 6 months and I saw the BiB dragging him out of Lumpini Park where he had set up camp. There are 101 other similar stories in the same vane. But it's true, he did not beg.

some of you people are so stupid and cold. He is not begging on the street, he is honestly looking for a way home. The airport would be the last choice.

Agree ..and if you can get him a ticket and will be good deed ..that's the way look

Have no idea how they do this, i always thought a return tick was a must... Also, why not contact his embassy, friends, family....

I know my Gov doesn't care about its own citizens.. And more interested in foreign policy and diplomacy affairs and trading ..

How else we can help

In addition to the services listed above we can also provide British Nationals in Thailand requiring emergency consular assistance:

What consulates cannot do for you

Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:

• get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings
  • help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
  • give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases
  • get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
  • pay any bills or give you money
  • make travel arrangements for you, find you work, accommodation, or make business arrangements on your behalf
  • get involved in private disputes over property, employment, commercial or other matters
  • renew or replace a full British passport

Foreign Office condemned for failing Britons in need of help MPs attack ‘repeated failures of compassion’ and inadequate responses to detainees’ allegations of torture http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/nov/23/foreign-office-condemned-failing-britons-need-help

hi, I have the credit card. Nobody knows this guy? We can pay his way home and do not want any credit.

Why havnt you already done it ? this is what you do..... you get on the net... get the tel no of thai immigration police at swampy... call them and tell them you will pay the ticket and call back in an hr when they have found him.... then you arrange what airline etc etc and book his ticket for him and pay whatever fine for him as hes probably overstayed too.

Sorted

well done you, respect wai2.gif

hi, I have the credit card. Nobody knows this guy? We can pay his way home and do not want any credit.

Why havnt you already done it ? this is what you do..... you get on the net... get the tel no of thai immigration police at swampy... call them and tell them you will pay the ticket and call back in an hr when they have found him.... then you arrange what airline etc etc and book his ticket for him and pay whatever fine for him as hes probably overstayed too.

Sorted

well done you, respect wai2.gif

um, have they even checked any begger? the begger mafia controll all the bridges and fills them with cheap cambodians. thats why there is only one per bridge.

The one leading into central bang na has at least 2 or 3 every day.

A consequence of the coming AEC?

More of a scam than a sob story, i bet he talked his way out of it and went home, or onward with his travel, Good money in begging

What a compassionate soul you are

good luck to him (not you) and hope and wish him well

Just like the one that they deported back to Germany and has since found him begging all around Asia, i have no compassion then

Inflammatory and offensive posts have been removed. Another post containing a phone number has been removed:

18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.

Is this another new "low" that has been reached.............."cheap cambodians"..

My God...where does it end....or is it a sinking hole with no bottom to it?.

They are cheap, they don't ask for as much as a Thai begger