Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

The "breakthru" of having all 29 people in the retirement queue at 8:30 am qualified to apply for an extension actually walk away with a queue ticket wasn't just the result of waiting patiently. We need to keep up the emails (and real letters) to our Embassies and Consulates. The occasional letter to a newspaper is a big help, too. Last week's letter in the Bangkok Post was incredibly well-timed. Keep in mind that various gov't officials from Bangkok like to look for excuses to schedule "business trips" to the north during holiday periods so they can combine a few meetings or inspection visits with staying over for our holiday celebrations.

But, what we really need is a functioning on-line queue, not a return of the woefully inadequate on-line queue of before. No reason Chiang Mai can't have its own on-line queue. Why wait for Bangkok to develop one for the province. And Promenada needs an on-site supervisor to approve retirement visa applications to get people on their way sooner, to do shopping or take in a movie or simply to return home.

As confidence grows that Imm. really will give tickets to all retirees in the queue at 8:30 am, maybe the barbaric practice of arriving at 4 am can finally be put to bed and people can arrive at 8 am, like regular customers do at a gov't office.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend was at Imm. Prom. today and reports that they distributed 29 queue tickets for retirement extensions. Everyone who was in the queue by 8:30 am and had their documents in order got a ticket. Some were turned away, but he didn't really hear why for many. One lady had her bank book, but no letter from the bank so she said she'd come back tomorrow with the letter. Another guy had a new passport but hadn't transferred his visa and extension from his old passport to his new passport. This is something that is suppose to be done at the old office, but he was directed toward the G4T lady operating out of the unmarked table and told she could help him for 3000 baht. It's not known if that price also includes the retirement extension he wanted. Otherwise, my friend couldn't hear why the few others were turned away, but they didn't seem angry.

Some people waiting in the queue told him that they are passing out 32 tickets now, although they didn't know where that information came from. They said from others waiting ahead of them. Maybe that's how many were distributed on a previous day.

This does seem to be a positive development. It would be nice if they have a supervisor on-site so that everyone didn't have to wait all day for approval of their application after the Imm. officer sees them.

THANK YOU Nancy.

The "breakthru" of having all 29 people in the retirement queue at 8:30 am qualified to apply for an extension actually walk away with a queue ticket wasn't just the result of waiting patiently. We need to keep up the emails (and real letters) to our Embassies and Consulates. The occasional letter to a newspaper is a big help, too. Last week's letter in the Bangkok Post was incredibly well-timed. Keep in mind that various gov't officials from Bangkok like to look for excuses to schedule "business trips" to the north during holiday periods so they can combine a few meetings or inspection visits with staying over for our holiday celebrations.

But, what we really need is a functioning on-line queue, not a return of the woefully inadequate on-line queue of before. No reason Chiang Mai can't have its own on-line queue. Why wait for Bangkok to develop one for the province. And Promenada needs an on-site supervisor to approve retirement visa applications to get people on their way sooner, to do shopping or take in a movie or simply to return home.

As confidence grows that Imm. really will give tickets to all retirees in the queue at 8:30 am, maybe the barbaric practice of arriving at 4 am can finally be put to bed and people can arrive at 8 am, like regular customers do at a gov't office.

The uniform worked!

So let me get this straight.

Everyone who was in the queue by 8:30 am and had their documents in order got a ticket.

Does this mean that, since the office opens at 8:30am, if I am in the line, no matter how long it happens to be, I will get a ticket? Meaning I can come at 8:15am, park and walk over and be in line at 8:30am I get a ticket?

Thats what it was last Monday

I believe the word is bedlam

Just think about all this

There are so many people who come and go in Chiang Mai

They tell there friends how bad it is dealing with CNX Immigration

One day it might make International news

I would like to see the face of the Immigration Boss then

"They tell there friends how bad it is dealing with CNX Immigration"

and yet they keep coming. I guess some people come because they are attracted to the immigration office here in Chiang Mai.

Interesting article about for criticizing the police force online. On Facebook

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/873016-facebookers-face-8-years-in-jail-for-criticizing-thai-cops/

Original Storey

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1448268875

Maybe we could be charged

After all the immigration are under Umbrella of The Royal Thai Police

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/873016-facebookers-face-8-years-in-jail-for-criticizing-thai-cops/

Original Storey

Thanks for that post.

It was just another rehash of what we all know is happening here in Thailand.

It just got me to wondering why do these people stay here.

I am in no way justifying the law but I am saying I am aware of it

don't think it is fare and certainly not worth all the effort people

put into bitching about it. For me it was just another part of the

package I bought when I finally committed to retiring here. Any other

country would have some thing I didn't believe was rite but would buy

if I was going to commit to retiring there. If I wanted every thing

like back home I would still be there.

Edited by northernjohn

Chonburi Immigration 90 days used to be in and out in about ten minutes. One bloke behind the counter would line up the passports and applications and chop them one after the other . They have now streamlined the office with no paperwork from the applicant and two very helpful officers doing the sorting. The last time I did mine it took 45 minutes. Longer, but not because of lack of efficiency but because one applicant had some sort of problem which the officers helped sort out. I must say Cholburi Immigration has changed a lot over the years and for the better.

Original Storey

Thanks for that post.

It was just another rehash of what we all know is happening here in Thailand.

It just got me to wondering why do these people stay here.

I am in no way justifying the law but I am saying I am aware of it

don't think it is fare and certainly not worth all the effort people

put into bitching about it. For me it was just another part of the

package I bought when I finally committed to retiring here. Any other

country would have some thing I didn't believe was rite but would buy

if I was going to commit to retiring there. If I wanted every thing

like back home I would still be there.

I think they're Thai giggle.gif

An important point to note. Lots of people are talking about how there were more immigration officers processing retirement visa extensions at the old office. What is not mentioned is that in the same queue were extensions for teachers on non-imm B visas.

The teachers are (or at least were until recently, I heard something changed last week but not sure if it was a one off) now still processed at the old office, hence having officers at each address.

What I would like to see is immigration officers going out to places that employ many foreigners monthly to do extensions. Often these businesses/institutions have all the paperwork completed correctly and several extensions could be completed in very short time. This would mean extra staff could be employed. In the past, the reason for not employing additional staff has been given as there not being enough room for them to work.

An important point to note. Lots of people are talking about how there were more immigration officers processing retirement visa extensions at the old office. What is not mentioned is that in the same queue were extensions for teachers on non-imm B visas.

The teachers are (or at least were until recently, I heard something changed last week but not sure if it was a one off) now still processed at the old office, hence having officers at each address.

What I would like to see is immigration officers going out to places that employ many foreigners monthly to do extensions. Often these businesses/institutions have all the paperwork completed correctly and several extensions could be completed in very short time. This would mean extra staff could be employed. In the past, the reason for not employing additional staff has been given as there not being enough room for them to work.

I was wondering about the work permits do they not also use the same officers. As I have stated often one of the two told me they tried to get 50 a day. That would be 25 a day 5 more than what they have been doing at the new location.

Rumor has it that they are giving more queue numbers as of yesterday.

The next question would be for how long. Or did they have some big shot from Bangkok up looking over what is happening?

Everyone who was in the queue by 8:30 am and had their documents in order got a ticket.

Does this mean that, since the office opens at 8:30am, if I am in the line, no matter how long it happens to be, I will get a ticket? Meaning I can come at 8:15am, park and walk over and be in line at 8:30am I get a ticket?

I would be more concerned about if I get a queue number am I guaranteed getting in there that day.

That does appear to be the case with the last time I've observed and today when a well-coached friend of mine observed.

Whether that holds when no one is obviously watching is another story.

What we need is a small group of people who are able to take turns to go out every day to observe and report -- after going thru a little training of what to look for. I've mentioned this numerous times on this forum and so far one or two have responded and then haven't followed thru. Surely some of you could commit to going out once every two weeks. That's what I've been doing.

What I would like to see is immigration officers going out to places that employ many foreigners monthly to do extensions.

What I would like to see is immigration officers going out to my house to do my 90-day reports and yearly extension....

When I lived in the south NST, the Immigration officer did just that for my 90 day reporting. Small snack for him cost less than the one hour travel to their office .

Got a call from a friend today saying that immigration here are really getting hold of the TM 30 procedures and enforcing them.

So my wife went and filed today, (at the old immigration office) no fine but a stern warning that she must always file a TM30 within 24 hours of my return to Thailand, and why had she waited so long to file when this has been the law for years !! A bummer for me as my son and grandson are in BK and I usually visit them on my return from the UK.

I also have friends coming over from the UK to stay with us in a couple of weeks, she will have to file for them within 24 hours of their arrival

So this is just a heads up to those of you yet to file a TM 30 before the fines start kicking in

Got a call from a friend today saying that immigration here are really getting hold of the TM 30 procedures and enforcing them.

So my wife went and filed today, (at the old immigration office) no fine but a stern warning that she must always file a TM30 within 24 hours of my return to Thailand, and why had she waited so long to file when this has been the law for years !! A bummer for me as my son and grandson are in BK and I usually visit them on my return from the UK.

I also have friends coming over from the UK to stay with us in a couple of weeks, she will have to file for them within 24 hours of their arrival

So this is just a heads up to those of you yet to file a TM 30 before the fines start kicking in

Maybe a imm reaction to the current saga?

I believe the TM 30 can be sent by post particularly if it is the housemaster reporting new tenants,correct or not?

Edited by Thailand

Maybe a imm reaction to the current saga?

I believe the TM 30 can be sent by post particularly if it is the housemaster reporting new tenants,correct or not?

They attached the slip to my passport, never said it could be done by mail, maybe it can I really don't know the answer!!

Just checked CH imm website. http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/en/frequently-asked-questions-faq-.html

"

2. Question : What do the house-master/owner or possessor of the residence have to do,if the alien granted temporary stay in Thailand has stayed in his/her house/residence? (Is it possible for an agent to do for?)

Answer : He/She (The owner of the residence) must notify (by the Form TM.30) to the competent official Of the Immigration Office located in the same area of that house/residence within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien. However, such notification could be made in person or by an agent or sent with completed Form( TM.30) by registered post."

Edited by Thailand

I believe now it all about Fines and raising revenue

yesterday we talked about this TM 30 a friend also got fined

The rumour is since Military too over lots of changed

So maybe more to come

As the old saying is Bring It On

Just checked CH imm website. http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/en/frequently-asked-questions-faq-.html

"

2. Question : What do the house-master/owner or possessor of the residence have to do,if the alien granted temporary stay in Thailand has stayed in his/her house/residence? (Is it possible for an agent to do for?)

Answer : He/She (The owner of the residence) must notify (by the Form TM.30) to the competent official Of the Immigration Office located in the same area of that house/residence within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien. However, such notification could be made in person or by an agent or sent with completed Form( TM.30) by registered post."

So my understand is at where i live in the Condo

When i return from Overseas

I have notify them i am back

Then they have to resubmit the TM30 online?

Is this correct?

"

Is this correct?

Go talk to your condo office. Ours will file the TM30 online and print out the receipt to put into the passport. If your condo office doesn't know anything about this, then you should ask the owner of your condo to file.

"

Is this correct?

Go talk to your condo office. Ours will file the TM30 online and print out the receipt to put into the passport. If your condo office doesn't know anything about this, then you should ask the owner of your condo to file.

Thanks Nancy

I asked yesterday when i came back

They did do the Tm 30 when i arrived here

So when i come back next time

I will ask for a copy

I believe now it all about Fines and raising revenue

yesterday we talked about this TM 30 a friend also got fined

Wasn’t familiar with TM.30 so looked it up, and seems whenever a foreign national stays somewhere, the owner of the place has to report it (within 24 hours). even if it is not a hotel, guesthouse, or serviced apartment.

Currently a friend (who is a foreign national) is staying with me for a few weeks, but she also has her own place, so I wonder if I should inform the landlord (it’s a rented apartment) so that they can file a TM.30 form for her? Though given that she also has her own place (currently vacant), it could mean two TM.30 forms would be filed for her.

Furthermore, I am buying a condo with a spare bedroom, I assume that technically I must then file a TM.30 form whenever a foreign national stays at my place?

It is a ridiculous requirement , I always have done the 90 day reports ,which already is outrageous , considering of years repeatedly confirming where I stay .

My wife refuses to submit this sudden old requirement . At the moment I'm on Non O multiples , and do not have to go to the zoo anyway , going be something my wife , having to confirm every 90 days to report ..... husband is back and repeat ....going to be funny for them trying to intimidate her...not going to happen i tell you .....

Its getting ridiculous , and hoping after this lot is out it turns for the better , eventually I will have to make the normal extension again ,and wife is happy to pay the fine ,instead of driving ridiculous distances to report this nonsense ...ah well what can I say ......looking to go out after the next year anyway somewhere , to make some real revenue and to avoid this shit for a change , has been long ,very long , think its a good time ,things are standing still country wise ,and privately because of that too , very clearly its not going forward .

I'm looking forward to it ,

Edited by tijnebijn

You can file the TM30 at the local police if you do not live near an immigration office, according to the rules.

From the link above:

9. Question : Where is the place that the house owner or possessor of the residence have to notify list of the aliens residing in his/her residence within 24 hours?

Answer : In case of the house/residence located in the area of Bangkok,it must be notified at the Immigration Division 1, Government Complex,Chaengwattana Road Bangkok.For other provinces, it must be notified at Provincial Immigration Office located in that area or the local police station if there is no Immigration Office

Edited by naboo

My wife has been to the local police once to ask about this , and they were laughing , not need to do such a thing cause we all know you ,been told only when people who are foreign who make a visit at your house to report ....a couple of years back this is .

" if their is no immigration office " , their is one its in Chiangmai , but still 100 km drive ......so not sure allowed to to report to local police .

And for me its no fun anymore if this is going to be strict enforced . Guess prefer to pay the fine . Whats coming in next ....sticker on our shirt ....perhaps .

Edited by tijnebijn

If you look at the bottom of a TM30 form, you'll see there is a receipt. That is suppose to be signed by the person who receives the report and returned to you to keep in your passport. Our condo office prints out a receipt that we keep in our passport, much like we do with the receipt for a 90 day report when they file a TM 30 for a resident.

So, even if your local police dept laughs at you for filing a TM30, get them to sign the receipt and clip it into your passport. You've done your part, even if they throw their part of the report into the trash.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

My wife has been to the local police once to ask about this , and they were laughing , not need to do such a thing cause we all know you ,been told only when people who are foreign who make a visit at your house to report ....a couple of years back this is .

" if their is no immigration office " , their is one its in Chiangmai , but still 100 km drive ......so not sure allowed to to report to local police .

And for me its no fun anymore if this is going to be strict enforced . Guess prefer to pay the fine . Whats coming in next ....sticker on our shirt ....perhaps .

No I think they have mentioned tattooing the numbers on us ;):) :)

You know 3+ years ago I did the same after having read about this rule here on TVF

called Imm Chiangmai at the time they said go to any police station

Ok we download form & fill it & go

We own the condo in my wife's name for many years as it is part of the Thai %

First we go to big police station on Mahidol... Head guys looks & looks & decides better if we go to the small local one in the moat (ok he didn't want any part of it.;) )

Ok off to moat go inside they usher us to a room of officers sitting around a U shaped table & we sit inside of U

I am smiling nodding they are starting at me like they are mad

Their question is what have I done in my country that I now have to report my

presence in Chiangmai to them......... hahahah facepalm.gif

Ok that explains the angry looks

My wife & I both laugh & say it is your law not ours & that I have never been arrested in my life period.

They smile tear it up & say beat it....basically this does not apply to me.

So now 3+ years later this is going to be a problem???

Not surprised as those who have been here a few years are not surprised by much anymore but.......

I just did my 1 yr ext based on marriage in Aug & nothing was mentioned.