Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

Thats the funny thing , again Mania , when I did one of my ' first extensions there in the time ' many people worried about this , never got a mention ,

now you confirm , no mention of it this time as well .....

It almost seems that the best boys of the classroom are helping the officers of a good idea to make some income ,of something that exists for years but never mentioned . Reminding and persisting on it . I'm not going to make this report , its annoying .How much is this fine ..okay I pay it ..if its ever mentioned....

No I'm not the bad boy of the classroom , I just prefer to watch it from a distance , for now .

After more than 15 years of staying here , I see some things and movements ,what some foreigners do not see while being here ,especially when they are not very accustomed on how things work over here ,when you take things to their face too much ,they will respond in an overly manner .

I know some members try their best and give a lot of very good advise on this forum , but my advise would be , take some steps back to go forward , sometimes it may work ,if pushed it may work as well ,but you can expect some kind of revenge in one sort or the manner , guaranteed .

Nancy , I prefer for now to leave it as it is , what can I do wrong , I never overstayed and that is my part of the deal , its my wifes problem really and she doesn't want any part of it , perhaps when she gets a fine she will ......For now I will not bother , and for people like you renting out an apartment guess its a different story ,they go out and look for it , officers coming out here for this..small chance .....but thanks for the advise anyway ,will print it out ,just in case .

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As they say here -- "up to you". I know that I'm creating enough waves at Immigration that I'm going to have all my I's dotted and Ts crossed.

The worst I've heard happen in Chiang Mai for failure to do a 90 day report is that someone mails in their 90 day report and is told they have to come report in person & when they do they're told there is no TM 30 on file and they have to pay a 2000 baht fine. Or someone goes to do an annual visa extension and it's found there is no TM 30 and 2000 baht fine. It seems they spot check for TM30s. I heard one such tale just an hour ago from a woman who has lived here for decades and had never heard of a TM30 until she went to do a 90 day report a couple months ago.

There have been reports on the Visa forum of ThaiVisa of "raids" on foreigner's homes in Issan in early morning hours conducted by Immigration and the local police where, apparently the provincial Immigration office went to the local police looking for the TM 30 reports that they should have on file and when none could be produced, they decided to visit the foreigners in their jurisdiction at 5 am so they'd be sure to find them at home. Again, the worst that happened was a 2000 baht fine.

As they say here -- "up to you". I know that I'm creating enough waves at Immigration that I'm going to have all my I's dotted and Ts crossed.

The worst I've heard happen in Chiang Mai for failure to do a 90 day report is that someone mails in their 90 day report and is told they have to come report in person & when they do they're told there is no TM 30 on file and they have to pay a 2000 baht fine. Or someone goes to do an annual visa extension and it's found there is no TM 30 and 2000 baht fine. It seems they spot check for TM30s. I heard one such tale just an hour ago from a woman who has lived here for decades and had never heard of a TM30 until she went to do a 90 day report a couple months ago.

There have been reports on the Visa forum of ThaiVisa of "raids" on foreigner's homes in Issan in early morning hours conducted by Immigration and the local police where, apparently the provincial Immigration office went to the local police looking for the TM 30 reports that they should have on file and when none could be produced, they decided to visit the foreigners in their jurisdiction at 5 am so they'd be sure to find them at home. Again, the worst that happened was a 2000 baht fine.

So, if I understand what you wrote correctly, the property owner is responsible for doing the TM30 report but the person that should have been reported is the one that gets fined?

David

So, if I understand what you wrote correctly, the property owner is responsible for doing the TM30 report but the person that should have been reported is the one that gets fined?

David

The person who should have been reported is suppose to have the receipt in his/her passport and to let the property owner know each time they return from having been out of the country.

I guess the person being fined should be sure to get a receipt from their property owner.

David

The person who should have been reported is suppose to have the receipt in his/her passport and to let the property owner know each time they return from having been out of the country.

I guess the person being fined should be sure to get a receipt from their property owner.

Guess I should check with the condo to see if they reported me when I came back from the last trip.

David

May I ask?

If a Falang lives in a house owned by his Thai girlfriend or wife, even for several years, does it mean having to take along this TM30 palaver filled in by the Thai partner to get a retirement extension from now on?

That's the luck of the draw. We did my retirement extention 4 weeks ago, no mention of TM30, she did my 90 day check in on Monday no mention of TM30.

Then she phoned one of the Immigration captains ( the one who first told her that Immigration was moving back in May), and she said it was not the officer dealing with the applications job to tell her and that she had better get down to Imm quickly to register, and why had she not done it before?

So who is enforcing it?

It's all as clear as mud, but I would advise everyone to make sure they have one, if they need one. As Nancy said they are stepping up spot checks and saying you were not aware of the requirements will butter no parsnips

May I ask?

If a Falang lives in a house owned by his Thai girlfriend or wife, even for several years, does it mean having to take along this TM30 palaver filled in by the Thai partner to get a retirement extension from now on?

I take mine with me every time I go to IMMI for an extension - just in case they ask. As yet, they haven't asked. Likewise we take copies of tabien baan, bills and whatever else we think the IO could ask for.

Like some other members, my TM30 was presented at our local police station (some years ago). They had no idea what it was, or what to do with it. However, they duly signed and stamped it and I was given the receipt. I suspect the form was later thrown into the trash can, but I at least have an official-looking stamped receipt.

smile.png

CYBERFARANG:

You MAY find this link useful.

http://donslifeinthailand.com/Address_Change.html

TM28 and TM30 are not a new requirement, just that they are now being enforced at CM Immigration, another nice little earner I guess.

If what is in the article correct

We need to see this clarification from the immigration Act

Otherwise this is illegal and is a chargeable offence

We have to abide by the rules

CYBERFARANG:

TM28 and TM30 are not a new requirement, just that they are now being enforced at CM Immigration, another nice little earner I guess.

Thank you very much for this.

Just to clarify. The TM30 is only for the Falangs that have changed their addresses since their last retirement extension or have recently been out of the country and returned to the land of trouble and strife?

If a Falang has been living at an address for several years and has not been anywhere, that means he does not need to show a TM30. Is this correct or not?

May I ask?

That's the luck of the draw. We did my retirement extention 4 weeks ago, no mention of TM30, she did my 90 day check in on Monday no mention of TM30.

Then she phoned one of the Immigration captains ( the one who first told her that Immigration was moving back in May), and she said it was not the officer dealing with the applications job to tell her and that she had better get down to Imm quickly to register, and why had she not done it before?

So who is enforcing it?

It's all as clear as mud, but I would advise everyone to make sure they have one, if they need one. As Nancy said they are stepping up spot checks and saying you were not aware of the requirements will butter no parsnips

This is the first I have heard of Immigration moving back to the airport in ay. Is there a new building being constructed there? Seems kind of silly to move and then move back with no improvement. How secure is your wife's friends information. Seems to me if she had said nothing he would not of told her to do so.

CYBERFARANG:

That link and the personal report of one person are very misleading and factually incorrect.

Power of Attorney..........ridiculous!

As a foreigner it's your responsibility to be aware of the Immigration Laws.

Section 37 and 38 deal with the responsibility of the foreigner to report his address, and the responsibility of the house master, owner or possessor of the property to report the presence of an alien taking residence.

Under Section 4 of the Immigration Act, the 'House Master' is defined as;

“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

Who actually completes the TM30 depends on the circumstances surrounding the occupation of the property.

I am single, renting a private house. My landlady lives in another Province and I never see her.

As the chief possessor and tenant of the said property, I completed the TM30 in the absence of the landlord.

Many Thais have no knowledge of this requirement to report an alien, why should they, they are not under any Immigration control.

You as the foreigner are, and you should be aware of the laws governing your stay in Thailand.

It takes 20 minutes to read the Act.

Thai Immigration_Act_EN.pdf

As a foreigner when entering Thailand you complete a TM6 which notifies your address to Immigration.

In the case of a hotel, or guest house the manager should report the presence of the alien (TM30) using the online facility available to them.

In the case of a private residence, then the House Master, owner, chief possessor of the residence should file the TM30.

The foreigner has complied with the Act filing a TM6.

The House Master has complied with the Act filing the TM30.

If you move to a new permanent address then the foreigner should complete a TM28.

The House Master should complete a TM30.

If you stay at a temporary address within Thailand for longer than 24 hours (visiting friends, holiday) then the foreigner should report his temporary place of stay to the local Police station within that Province(not Immigration).

A TM28 and TM30 should only be required to submitted once, unless you move to a new permanent residence.

However leaving the Country is deemed as leaving your permanent residence, so on return the foreigner files the TM6, the housemaster files a new TM30.

That is my understanding of the law and the interpretation of my Immigration office.

As a foreigner when entering Thailand you complete a TM6 which notifies your address to Immigration.

In the case of a hotel, or guest house the manager should report the presence of the alien (TM30) using the online facility available to them.

In the case of a private residence, then the House Master, owner, chief possessor of the residence should file the TM30.

The foreigner has complied with the Act filing a TM6.

The House Master has complied with the Act filing the TM30.

If you move to a new permanent address then the foreigner should complete a TM28.

The House Master should complete a TM30.

If you stay at a temporary address within Thailand for longer than 24 hours (visiting friends, holiday) then the foreigner should report his temporary place of stay to the local Police station within that Province(not Immigration).

A TM28 and TM30 should only be required to submitted once, unless you move to a new permanent residence.

However leaving the Country is deemed as leaving your permanent residence, so on return the foreigner files the TM6, the housemaster files a new TM30.

That is my understanding of the law and the interpretation of my Immigration office.

ALSO

After reading the Thai Immigration_Act_EN

Thai Immigration_Act_EN.pdf

It is also our responsibility to Advise Immigration every time we Re Entering the Kingdom

We have to go to the Immigration Office

There is nothing in the Act to say that we have to go to the G4T as advised By Chiang Mai Immigration

So is this a illegal decision?

May I ask?

Theoretically a TM30 should only need to be filed once as long as you remain at the address given as your permanent residence to Immigration.

If you haven't previously filed a TM30, I suggest you file one when doing your next extension.

If Chiang Mai are requesting a new TM30 every time an extension is applied for, then I assume it's because they are to lazy or busy to check your file for an existing TM30. You should have a receipt stapled in your passport of the TM30 if you have previously filed.

If they are requesting refilling every year, it's overkill and I'm guessing they're just covering their backsides.

May I ask?

Theoretically a TM30 should only need to be filed once as long as you remain at the address given as your permanent residence to Immigration.

If you haven't previously filed a TM30, I suggest you file one when doing your next extension.

If Chiang Mai are requesting a new TM30 every time an extension is applied for, then I assume it's because they are to lazy or busy to check your file for an existing TM30. You should have a receipt stapled in your passport of the TM30 if you have previously filed.

If they are requesting refilling every year, it's overkill and I'm guessing they're just covering their backsides.

So if i go to visit friends or go to a different location within Thailand for a short time

Do i have to notify Immigration when i get back to my rental Condo

Or get My Condo Office as its the Building owner Condo, to do this TM30 Reporting again?

As they did when i first arrived here

What happens if I get drunk one night and end up spending the night at some seedy hotel with a cheap floozy?

A "seedy hotel" and she's cheap?!?

Am I obliged to tell everyone where I`ve been? Is there a special form for that?

Yes, but it depends on the situation. There's TM 31 (if you're married), otherwise known as a divorce summons and/or there's always a police report when your "lovely" kicks the bejesus out of you for calling her a cheap floozie!

Anyway, liked your post....5555555555

May I ask?

So if i go to visit friends or go to a different location within Thailand for a short time

Do i have to notify Immigration when i get back to my rental Condo

Or get My Condo Office as its the Building owner Condo, to do this TM30 Reporting again?

As they did when i first arrived here

According to the Act;

Section37. 4. If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time of arrival.

There is a difference between your place of 'permanent residence' and a place of 'temporary stay'

Do I report to a local Police office if I'm temporarily staying at a friends for a few days.........No!

According to the Act I should, and they should file a TM30 as the 'House Master'

It appears to be only the requirements of reporting 'permanent residence' that is being enforced by Immigration.

Reporting a 'temporary stay' would be unworkable in my opinion as the local Police stations to which you are supposed to report are clueless about their own Immigration procedures and think the foreigner is taking some form of medication or Yabba.

Sec 38: "The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence ,..."

Terms: "'House Master' means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

The term "tenant" refers to the "chief possessor of a house" who lives in the house, as opposed to the chief possessor of a house who does not live there, but "owns" the house (possess means own, not rent).

I believe you are inferring incorrectly that "tenant" means someone with no chief possessor status, which would mean a renter must file himself. This is not what Section 38 says, and it is not what the "terms" refer to.

The distinction of "owner" and "tenant" is to illuminate the differences between a person who owns a property but does not live there and one who owns the property where he resides (the "tenant," which is different from "renter"). If the section had meant "renter" it would have stated that.

What happens if I get drunk one night and end up spending the night at some seedy hotel with a cheap floozy? Am I obliged to tell everyone where I`ve been? Is there a special form for that?

It could be conceived as an unprotected entry.

Complete the CLAP form available at your nearest Clinic

Sec 38: "The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence ,..."

Terms: "'House Master' means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

The term "tenant" refers to the "chief possessor of a house" who lives in the house, as opposed to the chief possessor of a house who does not live there, but "owns" the house (possess means own, not rent).

I believe you are inferring incorrectly that "tenant" means someone with no chief possessor status, which would mean a renter must file himself. This is not what Section 38 says, and it is not what the "terms" refer to.

The distinction of "owner" and "tenant" is to illuminate the differences between a person who owns a property but does not live there and one who owns the property where he resides (the "tenant," which is different from "renter"). If the section had meant "renter" it would have stated that.

tenant
ˈtɛnənt/
noun
noun: tenant; plural noun: tenants
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.
"council-house tenants"
synonyms: occupant, resident, inhabitant; More
leaseholder, lessee, renter, holder;
formaldweller;
historicalfeodary
antonyms: owner, freeholder
  • Law
    a person in possession of real property by any right or title.
verb
verb: tenant; 3rd person present: tenants; past tense: tenanted; past participle: tenanted; gerund or present participle: tenanting
occupy (property) as a tenant.
"the house was tenanted by his cousin"

Archived