Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

Sec 38: "The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence ,..."

Terms: "'House Master' means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

The term "tenant" refers to the "chief possessor of a house" who lives in the house, as opposed to the chief possessor of a house who does not live there, but "owns" the house (possess means own, not rent).

I believe you are inferring incorrectly that "tenant" means someone with no chief possessor status, which would mean a renter must file himself. This is not what Section 38 says, and it is not what the "terms" refer to.

The distinction of "owner" and "tenant" is to illuminate the differences between a person who owns a property but does not live there and one who owns the property where he resides (the "tenant," which is different from "renter"). If the section had meant "renter" it would have stated that.

Section 38 states;

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned

Section 4 Definitions.

House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

possessor
pəˈzɛsə®/
noun
noun: possessor; plural noun: possessors
  • Law
    a person who takes, occupies, or holds something without necessarily having ownership, or as distinguished from the owner.

My landlady is the owner, she does not live here. I am therefore the main possessor (occupier) of the property.

I also have a lease to rent the property, so I am also the tenant.

I completed my own TM30, but I did include copies of the owners ID card and Tabian Baan, who wasn't available.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three months ago my husband arrived back from a three-month stay in a UK hospital, during which time he underwent four major operations including an unsuccessful femoral/popiteal bypass and subsequent above-knee amputation, caught two superbugs and nearly died due to rampant septicemia.

The hospital in question discharged him far too soon - he arrived here so weak he could hardly speak, unable to walk or do anything for himself, was incontinent and needed full-time care for several weeks.. At the time I was unaware that I, as house owner and chanote leasee of the land, should have reported his arrival.

Even had I been aware, I would have not been able to leave him alone the day following his late-night arrival in order to make a report as described in this thread, nor would I have been able to for a good while after his arrival as he was still confused, positive for MRSA in his bloodstream and suffering extreme pain from large, infected leg ulcers. We live about an hour's drive from immigration, making that chore a three-hour absence from home.

Am I likely to be in trouble for not reporting? We've lived outside the city for nine years now, and have always conformed with visa regulations.

May I ask?

If a Falang lives in a house owned by his Thai girlfriend or wife, even for several years, does it mean having to take along this TM30 palaver filled in by the Thai partner to get a retirement extension from now on?

That's the luck of the draw. We did my retirement extention 4 weeks ago, no mention of TM30, she did my 90 day check in on Monday no mention of TM30.

Then she phoned one of the Immigration captains ( the one who first told her that Immigration was moving back in May), and she said it was not the officer dealing with the applications job to tell her and that she had better get down to Imm quickly to register, and why had she not done it before?

So who is enforcing it?

It's all as clear as mud, but I would advise everyone to make sure they have one, if they need one. As Nancy said they are stepping up spot checks and saying you were not aware of the requirements will butter no parsnips

This is the first I have heard of Immigration moving back to the airport in May. Is there a new building being constructed there? Seems kind of silly to move and then move back with no improvement. How secure is your wife's friends information. Seems to me if she had said nothing he would not of told her to do so.

Went in this morning to do a 90 day report. Asked the fellow at the desk and he kind of laughed and said they would have to build a new building MAYBE 2 years. Noticed no one at the 365 day extended desk a little later I noticed anficer there but no client, I asked about the 20 a day and he said they do as many as they can a day. I got there a little after 9:00 and was given #47took a little over an hour. I noticed one gal was there for about 20 minutes at the 90 day. When I got seated the lady in front of me had one number and was doing two 90 days. No telling how many they had done by the time they got to me. As was to be expected the girls out front were excellent at handing out the queue numbers and dumber than a board fence about any thing else.

I was waiting for my turn when I realized I had forgot to sign all the photocopies. The girls had told me every thing was in order.

Had a nice Italian lunch saw a good movie and did a little shopping at the Rimping.

Promenada the one stop mall.

Three months ago my husband arrived back from a three-month stay in a UK hospital, during which time he underwent four major operations including an unsuccessful femoral/popiteal bypass and subsequent above-knee amputation, caught two superbugs and nearly died due to rampant septicemia.

The hospital in question discharged him far too soon - he arrived here so weak he could hardly speak, unable to walk or do anything for himself, was incontinent and needed full-time care for several weeks.. At the time I was unaware that I, as house owner and chanote leasee of the land, should have reported his arrival.

Even had I been aware, I would have not been able to leave him alone the day following his late-night arrival in order to make a report as described in this thread, nor would I have been able to for a good while after his arrival as he was still confused, positive for MRSA in his bloodstream and suffering extreme pain from large, infected leg ulcers. We live about an hour's drive from immigration, making that chore a three-hour absence from home.

Am I likely to be in trouble for not reporting? We've lived outside the city for nine years now, and have always conformed with visa regulations.

Check my post No. 14 in this topic...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/871350-tm30s-and-visa-extensions-nation-wide/

Go to building 3, behind the main office, at the old immigration site (near the airport). My wife reported late, by nearly 3 years, no problem, no fine.

Thanks for that, Rawhod - have checked your post as advised, but note that you have a Thai wife - I suspect I may have problems explaining why I didn't report my husband's return the day after he arrived - my Thai is, unfortunately, rudimentary - brain block from schooldays as regards all foreign languages except Latin!

Thanks for that, Rawhod - have checked your post as advised, but note that you have a Thai wife - I suspect I may have problems explaining why I didn't report my husband's return the day after he arrived - my Thai is, unfortunately, rudimentary - brain block from schooldays as regards all foreign languages except Latin!

You can also go report at the new office at Prom. That's where TM 30 forms are suppose to be submitted now anyway. I'd suggest not volunteering any info about why the form is "late" unless asked. The short answer is that you just became aware of the requirement. I think all the detail about your husbands medical condition will only confuse them. There are enough Imm. officers there that speak English and can understand "short explanation."

I've not heard of anyone getting fined that voluntarily came to submit a TM 30, even when it was late. At least not when they came to do it politely.

You can also go report at the new office at Prom. That's where TM 30 forms are suppose to be submitted now anyway. I'd suggest not volunteering any info about why the form is "late" unless asked. The short answer is that you just became aware of the requirement. I think all the detail about your husbands medical condition will only confuse them. There are enough Imm. officers there that speak English and can understand "short explanation."

I've not heard of anyone getting fined that voluntarily came to submit a TM 30, even when it was late. At least not when they came to do it politely.

There have been reports of fines being paid when filing this form at the old office on the airport road. The investigations department next to the copy/photo area.

Not sure why they are supposed to be reported at Prom. They were taking them at the Investigation department no problem, although they were collecting at least some fines.

They also indicated at the Investigation office that the TM 30 could be filed on line, even by a residence owner.

I didn't witness anyone being impolite while we were there. We were polite and still paid a fine and were given a receipt.

So TM-30s are the new crisis. Funny.

The Immigration Office should open each day to the music from a steam calliope. There should be aerialists and jugglers, dancing bears and chickens who can do math. Obviously, there will be no need to hire clowns.

Not going to boar you with inside information about what is wrong with immigration and how to fix it.

Just pass on this little item. G4T is still in business. She is sitting at a table outside her office. They have painted the name on the door and are waiting to get some more furniture. This on the Date of November 27 2015.

If you want to know what is wrong with immigration PM me and I will give you the low down on what is wrong with it and how to fix it.

Nancy - thanks for your reply - however, would reporting to fill in the form at Prom involve getting there at dawn, standing in line for half the day, etc etc? My husband is still not able to be left alone for more than a reasonably short time as he's totally wheelchair-bound and has need of assistance getting onto his bed, off onto his wheelchair, into the bathroom ,etc etc, and his understandable depression is resulting in a loss of memory over due times to take medications, etc.

Would it be possible for a visa agent to make the report under the circumstances? Anyway, sooner rather than later and as soon as he is stronger,, my husband is going to have to return to the UK for further treatment - perhaps it's better to just leave this and deal with it promptly when and if he returns? It's unfortunate that a previously ignored rule (or so it seems from the above posts) might well be enforced even in the most difficult of circumstances. Still, guess that's how it is nowadays.

Last question - is it worth my emailing the Brit Consulate about this issue and how it may affect other disabled or sick expat retirees and their carers, or was your request aimed just at visa applications and 90-day reports?

buddhalady. Ignore the problem. At worst, you will have to pay a 2000B fine for not complying. 2000B seems to be less of a problem than the stress you would take on to comply.

This is Thailand. They will probably soon realise that this is all silly and the law will once again be ignored

buddhalady. Ignore the problem. At worst, you will have to pay a 2000B fine for not complying. 2000B seems to be less of a problem than the stress you would take on to comply.

This is Thailand. They will probably soon realise that this is all silly and the law will once again be ignored

I am not sure about this

I believe that there is a systematic plan to get as much revenue from Farangs

Things have changed since the Military too over running the country

Only time will tell

Nancy - thanks for your reply - however, would reporting to fill in the form at Prom involve getting there at dawn, standing in line for half the day, etc etc? My husband is still not able to be left alone for more than a reasonably short time as he's totally wheelchair-bound and has need of assistance getting onto his bed, off onto his wheelchair, into the bathroom ,etc etc, and his understandable depression is resulting in a loss of memory over due times to take medications, etc.

Would it be possible for a visa agent to make the report under the circumstances? Anyway, sooner rather than later and as soon as he is stronger,, my husband is going to have to return to the UK for further treatment - perhaps it's better to just leave this and deal with it promptly when and if he returns? It's unfortunate that a previously ignored rule (or so it seems from the above posts) might well be enforced even in the most difficult of circumstances. Still, guess that's how it is nowadays.

Last question - is it worth my emailing the Brit Consulate about this issue and how it may affect other disabled or sick expat retirees and their carers, or was your request aimed just at visa applications and 90-day reports?

There is no need to queue to submit a TM30. Just be sure to arrive before 11 am or after 1:15 pm and before 3 pm because it does take them a little while to do the paperwork and you don't want to hit their lunch hour.

If your husband is going to leave Thailand soon, then just forget about it. They don't check for TM30s at the airport.

Or just forget about it if the 2000 baht isn't a big hardship to risk them doing a spot check next time he does 90 day report or visa extension.

My advice to contact the Embassy or write letters to the editor is in regard to the long wait times and preferential treatment the G4T agents receive, not in regard to changing a law like the requirement for a TM30 being on file. It's reasonable to expect conditions at Chiang Mai Immigration to be on par with the rest of the country. It's really tilting at wind-mills to try to change laws.

Where did you get information that TM 30 forms are supposed to be submitted at Promenada location? I ask because of post #51 in this thread indicates different http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/818144-tm-30-form/page-3

Maybe each office has different instructions on this?

Where did you get information that TM 30 forms are supposed to be submitted at Promenada location? I ask because of post #51 in this thread indicates different http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/818144-tm-30-form/page-3

Maybe each office has different instructions on this?

A couple of months ago there was a large sign over a desk at Prom imm,to the right rear,indicating housemaster TM30 reporting next to change of address desk.

Change of address desk is now first on the left as you enter the offices. It would appear that it can be done at airport investigation office or Prom perhaps?

Sorry, I have some more awkward questions.

If taking the agent option, do they expect to be paid upfront?

If an agent checks the paperwork and satisfied everything is in order, go to immigration and for any reasons not accepted, will the agent give a full refund or let try again without extra charges?

If an agent loses paperwork or passports will they take full responsibility?

Inclined to agree with you, Naboo, thanks for that.

However, having read previous comments about the elderly and sick having to queue up at Prom from early a.m. etc etc, I'm getting sick to death of the total lack of compassion being shown by imm to expats here. This entire experience is persuading me to look east to Cambodia once my husband is back in the UK as it's not just xenophobia - it's a total lack of human decency. As such it's unacceptable and, if I'm not wrong, is likely to get a lot worse for elderly retirees.

There is no need to queue to submit a TM30. Just be sure to arrive before 11 am or after 1:15 pm and before 3 pm because it does take them a little while to do the paperwork and you don't want to hit their lunch hour.

If your husband is going to leave Thailand soon, then just forget about it. They don't check for TM30s at the airport.

Or just forget about it if the 2000 baht isn't a big hardship to risk them doing a spot check next time he does 90 day report or visa extension.

My advice to contact the Embassy or write letters to the editor is in regard to the long wait times and preferential treatment the G4T agents receive, not in regard to changing a law like the requirement for a TM30 being on file. It's reasonable to expect conditions at Chiang Mai Immigration to be on par with the rest of the country. It's really tilting at wind-mills to try to change laws.

Nancy, I wasn't suggesting that any law should be changed - just inquiring about alerting my consulate about possibly unnecessary difficulties as regards the TM30. Much the same, in my mind, as the original problems as regards long waits, no shelter, 4 a.m. arrivals etc, etc. And no, 2000 baht isn't a problem, even although us Brit overseas pensioners don't receive the generous old-age allowances granted to US citizens!

Ignoring the law and paying the 2,000 baht fine doesn't achieve anything, because you will still be required to submit the form even though you pay the fine.

According to the Immigration website and the Immigration Act, the TM30 can be presented in person, or by an appointed person, or by mail.

I completed my TM30 in the absence of my landlord, sent it by EMS, pre registered return envelope (along with copies of my landlords ID card and Tabian Baan, signed with contact number) and the tear off receipt of the notification was returned 5 days later.

EDIT: According to the Chiang Mai Immigration website (FAQ) the TM30 can be submitted by an agent, in person, or by registered mail.

2. Question : What do the house-master/owner or possessor of the residence have to do,if the alien granted temporary stay in Thailand has stayed in his/her house/residence? (Is it possible for an agent to do for?)

Answer : He/She (The owner of the residence) must notify (by the Form TM.30) to the competent official Of the Immigration Office located in the same area of that house/residence within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien. However, such notification could be made in person or by an agent or sent with completed Form( TM.30) by registered post.

http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/en/frequently-asked-questions-faq-.html

Nancy, I wasn't suggesting that any law should be changed - just inquiring about alerting my consulate about possibly unnecessary difficulties as regards the TM30. Much the same, in my mind, as the original problems as regards long waits, no shelter, 4 a.m. arrivals etc, etc. And no, 2000 baht isn't a problem, even although us Brit overseas pensioners don't receive the generous old-age allowances granted to US citizens!

It`s not Thailand`s problem how much incomes each different nationality gets. They don`t care and cannot use that as an argument. Our embassies and consulates don`t give a castlemaine xxxx about the conditions at immigration. The only time they may have a few words if Chiang Mai immigration makes it impossible to use their services at all, MAYBE. Or there becomes no other options to use immigration services. MAYBE. Wind immigration up too hard and they could make the situation even more difficult and inconvenient for us.

This is a delicate situation that requires careful considerations and diplomacy when dealing with government bureaucracy especially when it`s not our own governments and we have sod all say here about anything.

People get real and think about it.

There is a similar topic running http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/818144-tm-30-form/page-3

Post #51 the member Thailand posted;

The manager of our Moo Baan called Chiang Mai immigration and the confirmed that they will not accept form TM30 by post despite it being on their website.

In the case of Chiang Mai form TM30 should be submitted at the airport immigration,

Docs required:

TM30, Plus the additional form that has the tenant(s) info.

Signed copies of the tenant(s) passport(s)

Blue or Yellow house book + signed copies.

Housemaster ID and signed copy.

At least that how it is today! 1507625.GIF

It appears Chiang Mai are not following the procedures as laid down on their own website, the Immigration Act or the main Bangkok Immigration website.

Has any Chiang Mai expat considered trying the Immigration helpline 1111 to complain.

I was in the immigration at Promenada yesterday for my 90 day. There was nothing said about the TM30s. Even though I had been out of country.

At any rate this whole thing sounds like making a mountain out of a mole hill. Just as they did a while back when a few homes were visited.

There is a desk in there for Medical perhaps if you wish to avoid trouble that COULD cost you 2,000 baht at the worst they would be able to work with you. There was no line up there.

Personally I would ignore the whole thing and when your husband comes back the next time from his operations take care of it then. If indeed it is still the fear of the day.

Nancy are you suggesting that G4T is the only agent getting preferential treatment

"My advice to contact the Embassy or write letters to the editor is in regard to the long wait times and preferential treatment the G4T agents receive,"

Do they not all get it. Seems strange to me when they can say be there at such and such a time when there is no way of telling how long it would take for the number to show up if it was attained in the normal Queue.

I don`t get it, don`t you mean the preferential treatment all the agents receive? If one particular agent receives preferential treatment, that means we receive preferential treatment by using that agency and it must be more beneficial using that agency over and above all the others for the people that prefer using an agency during this present crisis and it`s only a stone`s throw from immigration.

Considering, the GT4 seems the best of the worse and would prefer it to be left alone, because it seems to be the most convenient choice for the time being, so why go and mess it up before the situation is improved at immigration? It`s cutting the nose off to spite the face.

Archived