Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

ES, dearie, where have I ever, ever said anything ill of the reputable visa agents? In fact, Hubby used the same lovely agent you used recently. They had to send a lovely young woman out to Imm. Prom at 5 am to get a queue ticket for his little chat with the Imm. officer while the same day G4T trotted 7 or 8 people in without having their people wait in the queue that early.

In fact, as it turns out, I was also at Imm. Prom. that morning and the lovely young agent gave me a ride home after she and Hubby were done. Poor sweet thing, she gets up at 4 am every morning to wait in that queue and spends the day driving clients like Hubby back and and forth from their office in the Nimman area.

G4T doesn't have to do that. No wonder they can charge 3000 baht.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ES, dearie, where have I ever, ever said anything ill of the reputable visa agents? In fact, Hubby used the same lovely agent you used recently. They had to send a lovely young woman out to Imm. Prom at 5 am to get a queue ticket for his little chat with the Imm. officer while the same day G4T trotted 7 or 8 people in without having their people wait in the queue that early.

In fact, as it turns out, I was also at Imm. Prom. that morning and the lovely young agent gave me a ride home after she and Hubby were done. Poor sweet thing, she gets up at 4 am every morning to wait in that queue and spends the day driving clients like Hubby back and and forth from their office in the Nimman area.

G4T doesn't have to do that. No wonder they can charge 3000 baht.

If the lovely young woman would care to spend the night with me on the eve of traveling to immigration at 4. am, I would take pleasure in driving her to immigration and back to her office again and wouldn`t mind paying the extra few thousand baht, only that would be fantasy and wishful thinking to make a visit to immigration a happy experience, but obviously that is never going to happen. And as that is never going to happen then I don`t care if the sweet little lady has to get up when most of us are still in bed dreaming about our sex lives and would rather take the cheaper option and go GT4, if using agents are the only choice.

You haven't been keeping up, Titanium Member. Go back and catch up a bit.

Not sure if this is adressed to me or not as you quote a part of a post I made in reference to my opinion that some people were screwing up a system which was working and had been for 23 years of my personal experience with the Thai immigration people and system itself.

Then you make this post, Not sure what to catch up on, I did my yearly extension in person by appointmentmid year, my 90 day reports have been mailed in and acknowledged. Its the internet appointment for yearly visa extension, and 90 day reporting by those with multiple passports in hand that I consider as a major cause of the complaints most people mention.

I do realize some of those living on a hope, prayer and a small allowance from daddy might have to find real paying jobs that will support their adopted life style or they will point fingers at others or exclaim that we do not understand as we are behind times and do not understand the youngesters nor Thai mind set.

I think when you talk about some people screwing up the system you are right. First the online appointment system only allowed 1 out of 5 to get an appointment. Not a good system to begin with. Then when one of the most vociferous negative people complained in one post he admitted he had two computers going at midnight. He only got an appointment on 1. There have been several posters wondering how to cancel an appointment they didn't need it. Fill in the----------------------blank any way you want. As for people with 20 passports they are generally from agents and they are all complete the officer doesn't have to tell them go out and get a photocopy or a picture then come back in and get at the head of the line. Ask your self you have been around a long time. Would you rather stand behind the one guy with 20 passports or have all 20 off the people standing in front of you?

Has any one done the 90 day there lately and how long to wait. Seems to me that there has been a lot of talk about the mail in and the number of people who don't like to go there would be doing that instead of waiting in line.

Before the mail in 90 day the longest I ever was there was an hour and a half.

I think when you talk about some people screwing up the system you are right. First the online appointment system only allowed 1 out of 5 to get an appointment. Not a good system to begin with. Then when one of the most vociferous negative people complained in one post he admitted he had two computers going at midnight. He only got an appointment on 1. There have been several posters wondering how to cancel an appointment they didn't need it. Fill in the----------------------blank any way you want.

I'm confused. You say "some people screwing up the system you are right," then you go on to say how the system is "not good to begin with," and give examples.

Which is it?

By the way, I find it a little uncomfortable that one or some people keep referring to a certain agency as "the zoo." I myself might take umbrage with being tagged like that.

When going to the CM immigration website, in Thai, and clicking something, why would I get:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from extranet.immigration.go.th (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Thank you for the defense, folks. Not to worry Some of the CEC Board members are thinking we should select uniforms so that newbies and visitors to the meetings can readily identify the officers of the group. So, a of the first of the year, gone are the flowing, flower-print dresses that look like something your grandmother wore and I'll henceforth be seen in public, at all times, in a uniform that commands the proper respect for my high office. This includes my early morning trips to Immigration where I ensure that everyone in the early morning retirement queue gets a ticket for the day. So whatta think? Does this look presidential enough? (no one's going to call me Sheila, for sure!)

post-68373-0-83191400-1448258166_thumb.j

I think when you talk about some people screwing up the system you are right. First the online appointment system only allowed 1 out of 5 to get an appointment. Not a good system to begin with. Then when one of the most vociferous negative people complained in one post he admitted he had two computers going at midnight. He only got an appointment on 1. There have been several posters wondering how to cancel an appointment they didn't need it. Fill in the----------------------blank any way you want.

I'm confused. You say "some people screwing up the system you are right," then you go on to say how the system is "not good to begin with," and give examples.

Which is it?

By the way, I find it a little uncomfortable that one or some people keep referring to a certain agency as "the zoo." I myself might take umbrage with being tagged like that.

Read the whole post.

They screwed up a bad system. I have no problem understanding that.

Thank you for the defense, folks. Not to worry Some of the CEC Board members are thinking we should select uniforms so that newbies and visitors to the meetings can readily identify the officers of the group. So, a of the first of the year, gone are the flowing, flower-print dresses that look like something your grandmother wore and I'll henceforth be seen in public, at all times, in a uniform that commands the proper respect for my high office. This includes my early morning trips to Immigration where I ensure that everyone in the early morning retirement queue gets a ticket for the day. So whatta think? Does this look presidential enough? (no one's going to call me Sheila, for sure!)

attachicon.gifPresidential.jpg

OMG

She looks like a Russian

I appreciate you want to look good

But Nancy this is going too far

At least you have not lost your sense of humour, after all the nasty negative posts

You are a good ****** in my eyes

I said to Tywais i will not use that word again

I will keep my promise

Im a true blue ozzie

posts removed/response/moderation

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

I do not understandwhat allof the complaining is about the old office was a totalcircle jerk and the service could be crazy cramped in front of the information desk with some smelly folks whohad not filled out their paper work. The only difference is the on-line reservation system and it has been explained that it was discontinued because of a problem of having two offices. There was a early morning line at the old office for those who could not get a reservation and a few of the officers were not all that friendly. Please tell me in your working days that you never slowed down took a break never had to go to the toilet, didn't have to talk to the boss. Since we no longer work we expect perfection from those who do. I have never expected perfection from people who deal with the public it is a thankless job trying to meet someone elses idea of perfection.

You don't understand what all the complaining is about, and you think the online queue was discontinued because immigration has two offices??? The complaining is due to immigrations failure to process expats in a timely manner, and going so far as turning many people away on a daily basis. Discontinuing the online queue made a bad situation even worst.

I'm surprised anyone would believe immigrations reasoning behind the discontinued online queue. One story was the one you stated that they couldn't figure out how they could maintain the online queue while having two offices, lol. The other reason was because expats kept requesting more appointment slots for the online queue, and rather improving it they simply discontinued this service. Both reasons are disingenuous.

People should continue to share their immigration experiences on this site, and with their perspective consulates and embassies. Even for a country with limited personal freedoms, what is going on at immigration should be at the very least an eyeopener, and at most a grave concern for all expats living in Chiang Mai.

Just went today (so a monday, maybe more busy), for extension of tourist visa (double 2 months, second extension).

Zéro problem (but i've never had any at the old location either).

In my feeling, better organized, you check everything outside, no need to do one or two queue to have a number, and been looking/listening to the numbers they were calling... You just drop/check your application outside, much better and quicker.

Many tourist ask basic questions (many don't know what they should have bring for documents or even the type of extension they can get...), Thaï people working here answer with a lot of patience, as usual.

Photo must be 4x6, no exception now. 200 bahts 4 photo just 10 meters away, and very quick (they do copies too).

Much more space for waiting outside.

I may have been lucky in a way, because at the old location it was often 2 or 3 hours waiting on site. Today i arrived at 10 am, many people, got a number and been asked to come back at 1.30 pm, witch was fine for me.

Came back, wait only 10mn, been called for the extra photo they do from their computer. Wait 10mn, and got my passeport with the extension.

So all together 20mn, with two visit. Much better in my opinion.

Strong impression of a very well organized immigration service. Thanks to them.

When going to the CM immigration website, in Thai, and clicking something, why would I get:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from extranet.immigration.go.th (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Their security certificate "HTTPS" is out of date. You can continue to non secure site for reporting if you wish to report 90 days.

Just went today (so a monday, maybe more busy), for extension of tourist visa (double 2 months, second extension).

In my feeling, better organized, you check everything outside, no need to do one or two queue to have a number, and been looking/listening to the numbers they were calling... You just drop/check your application outside, much better and quicker.

Many tourist ask basic questions (many don't know what they should have bring for documents or even the type of extension they can get...), Thaï people working here answer with a lot of patience, as usual.

Photo must be 4x6, no exception now. 200 bahts 4 photo just 10 meters away, and very quick (they do copies too).

I may have been lucky in a way, because at the old location it was often 2 or 3 hours waiting on site. Today i arrived at 10 am, many people, got a number and been asked to come back at 1.30 pm, witch was fine for me.

Came back, wait only 10mn, been called for the extra photo they do from their computer. Wait 10mn, and got my passeport with the extension.

They seem to have the tourist extension process figured out. A couple of good Immigration officer doing the processing plus they have the authority to approve the applications.

Now -- imagine what it would have been like if only ONE immigration officer was assigned to process tourist visa extensions and s/he didn't have authority to approve the applications. That all applicants had to wait until later in the afternoon while their passports were either taken over to the old office for approval or the supervisor came to the new office to approve the applications. I doubt you'd be signing the praises of Immigration Promenada if they used the same procedure for tourist extensions that they use for retirement extensions.

I can agree, but i don't know smile.png Didn't read all the posts about that.

If it's one day for the first retirement visa, looks ok imo. Think about european country or US... Could be one year smile.png

If it's every 3 months it's not ok, still imo smile.png

90 day reporting ...my wife was there at 8am out by 10.30, speaking to others there (Thai women)they were being fined for even ONE day late, 2 girls got a 500 baht fine two got 1,000, seems like any grace period for being within 7 days is out the window, of course I could be wrong, what she told me could be lost in translation, but after 13 years I pretty much take as truth what she tells me.

Maybe they are just fining Thai's that report on a foreigner's behalf? What do I know? Good thing was , no mention of a TM 30 considering I have been abroad between reporting times!!

90 day reporting ...my wife was there at 8am out by 10.30, speaking to others there (Thai women)they were being fined for even ONE day late, 2 girls got a 500 baht fine two got 1,000, seems like any grace period for being within 7 days is out the window, of course I could be wrong, what she told me could be lost in translation, but after 13 years I pretty much take as truth what she tells me.

Maybe they are just fining Thai's that report on a foreigner's behalf? What do I know? Good thing was , no mention of a TM 30 considering I have been abroad between reporting times!!

Interesting -- this is new data, worth investigating.

Thanks for the Updae

But you only went for a for extension of tourist visa

The main problem is for a 1 Year Extension Visa

They are only doing a small amount 20+ when you line up at Immigration

Also one knows for shure how many are being done per day

I do understand it a bit more paperwok

But us Falangs think differently than Immigration do

I was told the exact opposite.

3 months ago I visited immigration at 11. 45 for my 90 day report. Asked the girl at the outside table if there were any slots available, she said yes, looked at my passport said too long. I said no my 90 day finishes in 14 days. She said no, 21 days because it goes 7 days after the date, go away come back again in a few days.

May be in the situations you are referring to the 2 women were all ready passed the 7 day grace period and had to pay the over due fines or the officers are making the rules up as they go along.

The question was asked '' If it would not be better to be behind 1 individual holding 20 correctly filled out documents for 90 day report , than 20 people', whose documents may or may not be done correctly, thus the officer has to spend more time, correcting, etc.

I will ask a question directed at this instead of replying with an answer. How would you like to be in a queue behind a individual who has just invited 20 of her/his friends to jump the queue and folllow me? Now maybe you got there early as your task was not expected to take long and you had made arrangements to meet, greet, or cuss someone and you did not want to be late.

The only time I have been to Promenada, was a early arrival (0600), as I wanted to see if the situation was as bad as being reported as well as have my daughter show me where it is located and how to get there.That was 6 months ago and it does not sound like any improvement in service has been constently achieved as the holidays approach.

3 months ago I visited immigration at 11. 45 for my 90 day report. Asked the girl at the outside table if there were any slots available, she said yes, looked at my passport said too long. I said no my 90 day finishes in 14 days. She said no, 21 days because it goes 7 days after the date, go away come back again in a few days.

May be in the situations you are referring to the 2 women were all ready passed the 7 day grace period and had to pay the over due fines or the officers are making the rules up as they go along.

The only experience I had with the girls out side is they are clueless.

It has over and over and over and you get the general idea been said that they only give out 20 queue numbers a day. Has any one ever bothered to check and see how many they process a day? I know once a friend of Nancy told her that they had taken her with out a queue number. Seems if she heard it from a friend a little investigation might show they do more than 20 I know when they had two officers at the airport and every one was doing their extensions there the fellow at desk 6 told me the day I was number 61 that they try to get 50 a day. He told me they did a lot that day because they had a lot of people who had the paper work done rite.

Nancy was told that they did 5,250 retirement extensions last year. The thing we well most of us didn't know was that the Japanese who there is a good number in Chiang Mai had a separate arrangement that they paid a little extra for because the officers were doing it on their day off. How many actually went through the regular working hours we don't know.

But we do know that it was the same at the airport as it is at the Promenada. People were getting there real early and people were being told to come back tomorrow. The big difference is there you could sit around and wait to get your passport back but the accommodations were not as nice. At the new office you generally have to come back to get your passport but the accommodations are much better. It also has a nice toilet that is open early in the morning.

The only experience I had with the girls out side is they are clueless.

It has over and over and over and you get the general idea been said that they only give out 20 queue numbers a day. Has any one ever bothered to check and see how many they process a day? I know once a friend of Nancy told her that they had taken her with out a queue number. Seems if she heard it from a friend a little investigation might show they do more than 20 I know when they had two officers at the airport and every one was doing their extensions there the fellow at desk 6 told me the day I was number 61 that they try to get 50 a day. He told me they did a lot that day because they had a lot of people who had the paper work done rite.

Nancy was told that they did 5,250 retirement extensions last year. The thing we well most of us didn't know was that the Japanese who there is a good number in Chiang Mai had a separate arrangement that they paid a little extra for because the officers were doing it on their day off. How many actually went through the regular working hours we don't know.

But we do know that it was the same at the airport as it is at the Promenada. People were getting there real early and people were being told to come back tomorrow. The big difference is there you could sit around and wait to get your passport back but the accommodations were not as nice. At the new office you generally have to come back to get your passport but the accommodations are much better. It also has a nice toilet that is open early in the morning.

How is it possible to estimate how many retirement extensions the Promenada are issuing each day? The only way would be for someone to be there from start of opening to closing time 5 days for 1 week.

Is it possible to assume anything at the moment without getting inside information or being there to survey the situation? A difficult one to say the least.

I think the problems that are being encountered at immigration can for the most part be blamed on the

people who have abused the changes /options that have been implemented by the CM office over the past 2 or 3 years, which proved successful and popular. First, the internet visa extension appointment, by booking multiple slots at the stoke of midnight, the 90 day report queue by sending someone carrying passports for a dozen people thus taking up the first hour+_ of the individual official assigned that day. I will not address other options or requirements we have to abide by as I do not require most of them. such as reentry, short time extension, residense certificate, etc

I would venture that most of those who have abused the system I refer to, go thru life screwing everyone they can so they can get enough to exist with the least amount of effort and little contribution to doing anything meaningful for the rest of society.

Now I do agree there is a need by some individuals who have physical handicaps, emergencies come up, or other limiting factors where a Visa Agent is needed. Possibly for the shy ones, as they have a pimple on their nose. Some people do not intermingle well with others, some do not want to be bothered, some even profess it costs them too much money to not use a agent due to possible monetary loss they would incur.

We used to manage, own, run a business that expecting 90+% of the problems are as a result of action, lack of, comments, etc by 10%_of your customers, hired help, suppliers, etc. It appears Visa agents fit this profile nicely.

????? I don't think you could book multiple slots on the on line q. The problem was people using it for 90 day etc. report bookings.

A friend was at Imm. Prom. today and reports that they distributed 29 queue tickets for retirement extensions. Everyone who was in the queue by 8:30 am and had their documents in order got a ticket. Some were turned away, but he didn't really hear why for many. One lady had her bank book, but no letter from the bank so she said she'd come back tomorrow with the letter. Another guy had a new passport but hadn't transferred his visa and extension from his old passport to his new passport. This is something that is suppose to be done at the old office, but he was directed toward the G4T lady operating out of the unmarked table and told she could help him for 3000 baht. It's not known if that price also includes the retirement extension he wanted. Otherwise, my friend couldn't hear why the few others were turned away, but they didn't seem angry.

Some people waiting in the queue told him that they are passing out 32 tickets now, although they didn't know where that information came from. They said from others waiting ahead of them. Maybe that's how many were distributed on a previous day.

This does seem to be a positive development. It would be nice if they have a supervisor on-site so that everyone didn't have to wait all day for approval of their application after the Imm. officer sees them.

^^^ I see it as releasing a little pressure, a bit of a compromise . The visa stamp transfer to new PP is interesting as I recounted earlier, i was refused a number for that service on a recent morning, argued and pushed.... was told to return after lunch at which time I was "serviced". ... an agent can help you avoid that farce also.rolleyes.gif

Thats what it was last Monday

I believe the word is bedlam

Just think about all this

There are so many people who come and go in Chiang Mai

They tell there friends how bad it is dealing with CNX Immigration

One day it might make International news

I would like to see the face of the Immigration Boss then

A friend was at Imm. Prom. today and reports that they distributed 29 queue tickets for retirement extensions. Everyone who was in the queue by 8:30 am and had their documents in order got a ticket. Some were turned away, but he didn't really hear why for many. One lady had her bank book, but no letter from the bank so she said she'd come back tomorrow with the letter. Another guy had a new passport but hadn't transferred his visa and extension from his old passport to his new passport. This is something that is suppose to be done at the old office, but he was directed toward the G4T lady operating out of the unmarked table and told she could help him for 3000 baht. It's not known if that price also includes the retirement extension he wanted. Otherwise, my friend couldn't hear why the few others were turned away, but they didn't seem angry.

Some people waiting in the queue told him that they are passing out 32 tickets now, although they didn't know where that information came from. They said from others waiting ahead of them. Maybe that's how many were distributed on a previous day.

This does seem to be a positive development. It would be nice if they have a supervisor on-site so that everyone didn't have to wait all day for approval of their application after the Imm. officer sees them.

Everything [well maybe not everything] comes to those who wait. Applying gentle pressure as those few like you are doing is the way forward; thanks for that. As I suggested in a previous post, I doubt that the staff at Immigration are personally looking to screw 'us'. They are simply doing their job in the way they are instructed - or if not instructed in the way they understand they should be doing it. Where 'we' come from there is generally a chain of command/management and those sitting across the desk simply do what they are instructed to do. Here in Thailand [according to our perspective] this chain may appear broken or missing a few links. Those who understand this generally have a lower stress level.

If the online appointment system had clearly stated that it was only for certain categories [visa extensions - if that was the intention] with a drop-down menu that only included those categories it would probably have been more successful. One stage further, but still within reasonably-expected competence, would be to require a passport number in order to prevent those who made one. two [or more!] bookings; just in case the appointment became inconvenient rolleyes.gif In the early days it was easy to make an appointment and my first two were made well after the sun had risen - before the facility crumbled in a heap midnight plus a few seconds would often be too late!

Archived