Ferry Incident.

Rooo

When I was an international trucker, I went many times to Great Brirain from St Malo, Cherbourg, Roscoff with my " only " 32 tons truck ;

before 1980 it was the maximum load for trucks in GB

I never saw something happened and the ferries are much bigger than the Seatran or Raja ones !

The ferry is in wrong position. Heck, there are atleast 2 AB´s looking but not seeing the landramp is barely touching the ferry superstructure. Totaly human error. The lorrydriver have all the rights to be upset. Cheers from Mr bosun Lamai

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon me for being cynical, but this report has been nagging at me since first reading:- why is a fully laden (seafood) truck leaving Samui, heading for the mainland? Is there a seafood processing plant on Samui?

This makes no sense to me and in the current climate of UUI investigations, who knows what kind of shenanigans are happening right under your noses...

Pardon me for being cynical, but this report has been nagging at me since first reading:- why is a fully laden (seafood) truck leaving Samui, heading for the mainland? Is there a seafood processing plant on Samui?

This makes no sense to me and in the current climate of UUI investigations, who knows what kind of shenanigans are happening right under your noses...

If you go down to Nathon Pier (not the Seatran one) and drive or walk to the end, there are many trucks being loaded with fish (time of day varies) .. There is even a large ice making machine... Many fish boats moored there over night!

Also as one drives out of the ferry terminal area along the coast road section and the bend in the road there is a fish packing plant....(toward Maenam before the 7 -11 on the corner) lots of different coloured plastic packing boxes usually there...for sorting fish!

Surely with all the fishing boats around Samui has a huge surplus that heads to other areas of Thailand or perhaps further afield ! wink.png

I will have to admit to jumping to wrong conclusions it would appear...

There you go - buy a cheap tin foil hat from Lazada and the false alarms start immediately. tongue.png

Silly me, I never think of Samui as a center of industry - where do all the packers live? I have been through the packing 'district' in Ranong a few times, and was amazed at the number of packers (I assume), walking in/out of the massive warehouses. Could not imagine the same exists on Samui.

But, you learn something new every day, I guess.

wai.gif

Large fishing boats unload at Naton pier Koh Samui. Last week a boat was unloading 58 tons of Tuna, i was chatting with the buyer who gave me a nice fresh Tuna.

I will have to admit to jumping to wrong conclusions it would appear...

There you go - buy a cheap tin foil hat from Lazada and the false alarms start immediately. tongue.png

Silly me, I never think of Samui as a center of industry - where do all the packers live? I have been through the packing 'district' in Ranong a few times, and was amazed at the number of packers (I assume), walking in/out of the massive warehouses. Could not imagine the same exists on Samui.

But, you learn something new every day, I guess.

wai.gif

Not much packing done on Samui, it is mostly shipped out straight off the trawlers to the mainland.

Archived