Obama met by pro-gun protests at scene of latest school shooting in Oregon

Lite Beer

Obama met by pro-gun protests at scene of latest school shooting in Oregon

606x341_314994.jpg

President Barack Obama travelled to Oregon on Friday to lend his support to the families of the latest victims of a school shooting.

The shooting at the Roseburg Community College left 10 people dead, the deadliest shooting incident in the last two years, and his visit came on the day there was another school shooting in Arizona, where an 18 year-old killed a classmate and wounded three others.

“There are going to be I think moments as we go forward where we’re going to have to come together and figure out how do we stop things like this from happening. And I’ve got some very strong feelings about this because when you talk to these families you’re reminded that this could be happening to your child or your mom or your dad or your relative or your friend,” he said.

Obama was greeted in the strongly pro-gun state by around 250 demonstrators, some of whom had travelled a long way to protest against his visit, and support gun rights. Obama is currently taking legal advice to find new ways
to use his executive powers to enforce existing regulations.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-10

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crass, uncouth, low class, rude. Have these rednecks no regard for the families of the victims? Take their protests somewhere else, at another time.

Oh, of course it's their RIGHT to protest, so do so anyway.

It was the RIGHT of the murderer to have a gun.

Nobody can deny that owning a gun (and having ammo available) increases the chance of someone being killed.

Ummm you might want to dig deeper.....Some of the victims and their families are against gun control as is many of the people in that town. They can see the reality of it. Gun control laws is not the answer. They don't want to be left with out any self defense. Most if not all the the attackers in these events have had histories of mental problems. Therein lies the answer.

These protesters have made a serious miscalculation.

Doing what they have done shows a complete lack of compassion for the families of the victims. They are a disgusting, vile lot of knuckle-draggers. If I was president it would make me want to do the exact opposite and push full speed ahead for gun control.

Come on Obama...you are a lame duck president so make this a priority now while you have a chance.

Ummm you might want to dig deeper.....Some of the victims and their families are against gun control as is many of the people in that town. They can see the reality of it. Gun control laws is not the answer. They don't want to be left with out any self defense. Most if not all the the attackers in these events have had histories of mental problems. Therein lies the answer.

If that is the case then those families that are still against gun control have no sympathy from me!!

Some of the protesters did travel to the area but most were locals including families of the victims. They were protesting against Obama using their situation to push his anti second amendment globalist agenda. Spiritrace is correct in his post, it is a mental health issue but they won't talk about that because so much of mainstream medias advertising money comes from big pharma that makes billions off the drugs all these nutcases are put on. I won't even go into the possibility that the US government [ or the globalist that have hijacked it ] may be behind some of these attacks to push disarming the public or I will be attacked as a "conspiracy theorist".

If you check the FBI website you will find that from 1992 to 2012 violent crime in the USA DECLINED by 49% and has continued to decline since 2012 despite the fact that gun sales have increased during the same period. Annual gun sale have increased by roughly 400% every year since Obama took office in 2008 and violent crime continues to decline accept in cities like Chicago and DC that have the strictest gun laws preventing law abiding citizens from being able to defend themselves from all the criminals who obviously don't turn in their guns.

If you check you will also find that Switzerland has the lowest crime rate in Europe even though all men after finishing their mandatory military service are required or at least encouraged to take their military assault rifle home with them. It's not the guns, it's the mental health of the society and counties like the US and UK are in big trouble in that regard.

Rubbish!

That's just a variation of the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" BS argument. You are simply changing it to, "Normal people don't kill people. mentally ill people kill people".

SIMPLE fact of the matter is, if the mentally ill person didn't have a gun, he would not have killed people.

But back to your point....irrational point....What of it, that some of the victims families are pro-gun? Speaks volumes about them.

Some of the protesters did travel to the area but most were locals including families of the victims. They were protesting against Obama using their situation to push his anti second amendment globalist agenda. Spiritrace is correct in his post, it is a mental health issue but they won't talk about that because so much of mainstream medias advertising money comes from big pharma that makes billions off the drugs all these nutcases are put on. I won't even go into the possibility that the US government [ or the globalist that have hijacked it ] may be behind some of these attacks to push disarming the public or I will be attacked as a "conspiracy theorist".

If you check the FBI website you will find that from 1992 to 2012 violent crime in the USA DECLINED by 49% and has continued to decline since 2012 despite the fact that gun sales have increased during the same period. Annual gun sale have increased by roughly 400% every year since Obama took office in 2008 and violent crime continues to decline accept in cities like Chicago and DC that have the strictest gun laws preventing law abiding citizens from being able to defend themselves from all the criminals who obviously don't turn in their guns.

If you check you will also find that Switzerland has the lowest crime rate in Europe even though all men after finishing their mandatory military service are required or at least encouraged to take their military assault rifle home with them. It's not the guns, it's the mental health of the society and counties like the US and UK are in big trouble in that regard.

You forgot to mention that the CIA orchestrated 9/11.

"Some of the victims and their families are against gun control ..."

And some of them are dead. I doubt their families are among the protesters.

"Most if not all the the attackers in these events have had histories of mental problems."

Which hasn't prevented them from putting together an arsenal.

Drug addicts are against drug laws even as their lives are forever ruined. Do the rest of us need to respect their concerns or are we allowed to demand that more be done to stop the easy availability of drugs ... and guns?

I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or not but yes it is possible that individuals within the CIA may have been among those in the US power structure that were involved. More and more keeps coming out about that now especially with the 28 pages of the 911 report that a few senators have finally been allowed to read and say it clearly implicates the Saudi government. the official story is a total fairy tale but I don't want to go to far off topic.

I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or not but yes it is possible that individuals within the CIA may have been among those in the US power structure that were involved. More and more keeps coming out about that now especially with the 28 pages of the 911 report that a few senators have finally been allowed to read and say it clearly implicates the Saudi government. the official story is a total fairy tale but I don't want to go to far off topic.

He doubles down on the conspiracy nonsense. Not sure if he's being sarcastic? Oh my Buddha.

The Prolife Wingnuts wants to shut down the government to force closure of Planned Parenthood. They're Pro Mass Murder with this ridiculous stance against guns. According to Republicans there is nothing that can be done because we need to be armed. blink.png

How do they reconcile being ProLife and Anti-gun law? It's hypocrisy no matter how you look at it. Errr...I mean any non-wingnut looks at it.

The far right is now the base of the Republican party. The lemmings are headed straight off a cliff with their crazy fear and nonsense. Tinfoil hat crazy.

The past week has been a joke for the GOP. clap2.gif I'd be enjoying it more if people weren't being murdered at this incredible rate.

Edited by Pinot

I wish that those on this forum would state their home country when speaking on topics like gun control.....it is clear that the comatose European progressives have been marginalized and brainwashed by decades of low education standards and have become victims of Social Engineering internationalist (Communist)

indoctrination....rendering them virtually impossible to think clearly.....if Americans give in to the gun-grabbers then America will surely go the way of an Islamicized Europe ...or, as Orianna Fallaci.characterized it, EURABIA.....your choice.

I wish that those on this forum would state their home country when speaking on topics like gun control.....it is clear that the comatose European progressives have been marginalized and brainwashed by decades of low education standards and have become victims of Social Engineering internationalist (Communist)

indoctrination....rendering them virtually impossible to think clearly.....if Americans give in to the gun-grabbers then America will surely go the way of an Islamicized Europe ...or, as Orianna Fallaci.characterized it, EURABIA.....your choice.

I hope you dont own a gun.

I carried a hand gun for 28+ years, 12 of those years as law enforcement investigator, 8 years as a private investigator, 5 years selling jewelry, the rest of the time I had a "carry permit".

In 28+ years I pulled the hand gun 2 times, pointed it once

1) when 3 people started to enter a store in the middle of summer in long coats, in the middle of the double doors they turned around. Police were called, their car stopped about 10 minutes later by 5 cruisers with weapons drawn. In the car the police found 3 sawed off shot guns, 5 handguns. === the folks had criminal records.

2) was caught in the middle of a store robery. The local police chief ( who I knew ) had his weapon pointed at the armed robber, the robber's weapon at the chief. I asked the chief where I should "shoot the robber" if he didn't follow police commands. I was behind the robber. When the robber heard me, he decided to put the weapon down and assume the position. === identified as a ex-con

Civilians who carry hand weapons are total nuts.....right!!!!!!

Criminals do not follow the rules / laws. The "gun free zone" around schools is a disaster...killing fields for the criminal, life or death unknown for the people in the "gun free zones"

These protesters have made a serious miscalculation.

Doing what they have done shows a complete lack of compassion for the families of the victims. They are a disgusting, vile lot of knuckle-draggers. If I was president it would make me want to do the exact opposite and push full speed ahead for gun control.

Come on Obama...you are a lame duck president so make this a priority now while you have a chance.

Can you enlighten us as to exactly what you think "this" would be?

As far as I'm concerned, those victims on campus were betrayed from multiple sources. The next-to-last line of defense was the claim that the campus was a "gun-free" zone and, implicitly would remain that way under all circumstances. The college administration did not and probably could not have, from a practical standpoint, make good on that claim.

I have to agree with Dr. Carson that the final line of defense was the students and staff themselves, even at the cost of several being shot, by overpowering the shooter before he had gotten the upper hand. We already have a recent example of that type of action by the take down of the terrorist on the French train.

Edited by MaxYakov

Crass, uncouth, low class, rude. Have these rednecks no regard for the families of the victims? Take their protests somewhere else, at another time.

Nobody can deny that owning a gun (and having ammo available) increases the chance of someone being killed.

Actually, a majority of the families of the victims asked that Obama not come to Roseburg. It was Obama who wanted to capitalize on the tragedy and make a political statement. I have never owned a gun, nor do I desire to own one, but I respect the rights of individuals to legally own guns. Legal ownership of weapons is not the problem. Look at Chicago, Baltimore and Washington, DC. These three cities have the strictest gun laws in the nation, yet Chicago has the highest gun murder rate in the country, while Baltimore and Washington DC are in the top 5 for gun crimes. It is not those who legally own guns that are the problem. If existing gun laws were strictly enforced, we would not have near the problems we currently have. But tragically, that is not the case. Umqua Community College was a gun free zone, no guns allowed. But it does not stop the crazy ones from taking advantage.

Extremists on both sides of the issue. Gun control is about getting and keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, criminals, children, the irresponsible, alcoholics and drug addicts, the impulsively violent and political extremists esp assault weapons which have no use except war. Guns will never be taken from responsible citizens...we're way beyond that and besides ownership is a constitutionally protected right. So, let's come back from the edge of the cliff and work out a solution....Everyone likes to talk about protecting our citizens but obviously in the present situation we are far from being safe on our streets or in our schools with armed nuts on the loose....

definetely NO. More weapons can't be any answer. The only way: Gun control, no guns in private ownership!

I wish someone would post the FACTS here.

In particular,

How many serial killings were caused by the mentally disturbed. What percentage?

How many serial killing were stopped by a good guy with a gun?

Please post links, not just your opinions.

I carried a hand gun for 28+ years, 12 of those years as law enforcement investigator, 8 years as a private investigator, 5 years selling jewelry, the rest of the time I had a "carry permit".

1) when 3 people started to enter a store in the middle of summer in long coats, in the middle of the double doors they turned around. Police were called, their car stopped about 10 minutes later by 5 cruisers with weapons drawn. In the car the police found 3 sawed off shot guns, 5 handguns. === the folks had criminal records.

2) was caught in the middle of a store robery. The local police chief ( who I knew ) had his weapon pointed at the armed robber, the robber's weapon at the chief. I asked the chief where I should "shoot the robber" if he didn't follow police commands. I was behind the robber. When the robber heard me, he decided to put the weapon down and assume the position. === identified as a ex-con

Criminals do not follow the rules / laws. The "gun free zone" around schools is a disaster...killing fields for the criminal, life or death unknown for the people in the "gun free zones"

Yes, civilians carrying weapons are total nuts. Thanks for clearing that up.

Imagine a world where everyone was carrying, a Republican utopia. Every baby out of the womb gets a gun. What could possibly go wrong? No crime in a world like that, right? coffee1.gif

Yes...take the guns.......turn America into a gelded group of Socialist pacifists (Europeans), who bend over for Islam and its representative in the White House...

and there you have it!! Keep fear alive!!!

Gun control doesn't mean take all your guns away. It means put proper common sense regulations in place that are clearly lacking in your justice system.

Canada has gun control and I have 10 guns at home there!!! All legal

The murder rate per capita by guns in Canada and the rest of the western world is a fraction of that in the USA. If the fear mongers can't figure that out then they need someone to figure it out for them.

Citizens don't need to carry guns in public.

Yes...take the guns.......turn America into a gelded group of Socialist pacifists (Europeans), who bend over for Islam and its representative in the White House...

Gun control doesn't mean take all your guns away. It means put proper common sense regulations in place that are clearly lacking in your justice system.

The murder rate per capita by guns in Canada and the rest of the western world is a fraction of that in the USA. If the fear mongers can't figure that out then they need someone to figure it out for them.

Agreed. But pro-gun folks in the USA cannot, or do not want to understand this. They only want to come out with more reasons why citizens should carry guns.

I recall watching an interview with a woman in the community where a number of young people were shot recently and she stated that more people should carry guns to stop these acts from occurring! Once again another shooting - that didn't work did it?

This is a mentality problem for many U.S. citizens that urgently needs to be addressed along with better gun controls coffee1.gif

Yes, civilians carrying weapons are total nuts. Thanks for clearing that up.

Imagine a world where everyone was carrying, a Republican utopia. Every baby out of the womb gets a gun. What could possibly go wrong? No crime in a world like that, right? coffee1.gif

... now, now, you're going a bit too far, let children be children.

Then again, it would make for some nice headlines for sure:

[uSofA vs. USofA] Congress enacts law ordering citizens aged 10 up to carry an assault rifle plus 3 full mags minimum 'at any given time'.

John Boehner: a great day for the greatest country on earth. NRA (National Rifle Association): hell yeah.

... or, after reading some of the above comments not even so far-fetched anymore:

[uSofA vs. USofA] Nice touch: NRA (National Rifle Association) sends a hamper containing an assorted variety of local gun-specialities to each family of killed victims in shootouts. Over 10.200 out in 2015 already.

statistic source: http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Edited by jollyhangmon

The only way he will take any guns from the honest gun loving society who will not give there guns because they want to protect there families. Is when they will die and the guns can be taken from there cold dead bodies!

Actually, a majority of the families of the victims asked that Obama not come to Roseburg.

Could we see a source for this please?

Agreed. But pro-gun folks in the USA cannot, or do not want to understand this. They only want to come out with more reasons why citizens should carry guns.

I recall watching an interview with a woman in the community where a number of young people were shot recently and she stated that more people should carry guns to stop these acts from occurring! Once again another shooting - that didn't work did it?

This is a mentality problem for many U.S. citizens that urgently needs to be addressed along with better gun controls coffee1.gif

I think this best sums up the downside of the NRA and pro-guns nonsense about "Bad guys with guns" etc. It seems some may have missed it (first published 27th Sept).

HOUSTON -- One man is injured after a carjacking and shooting at a gas station in north Houston Saturday night.

Houston police responded to a shooting call around 11:15 p.m. Saturday at a Valero gas station on Jensen Drive at Reid Street in north Houston. Officials say two men jumped another man in the gas station parking lot and took the victim's Chevrolet pickup truck. Police say a witness then pulled out a gun and began shooting at the suspects, accidentally hitting the carjacking victim in the head.

After reading your probably well-thought over post, suddenly that wall around the USA starts to make a lot of sense. Not so much to keep people out, as to keep people like you in.

God forbid the 'communist' countries in Europe with the very low gun-related deaths will have to listen to opinions like yours. Please keep that over there.