Malaysia investigates report of plane part found in Philippines

Lite Beer

Malaysia investigates report of plane part found in Philippines

Kuala Lumpur - Malaysian police are investigating a report that plane wreckage with a Malaysian flag painted on it was found on a southern Philippine island, a news report said.

The alleged aircraft wreckage, with human remains inside, was spotted at one of the islands of the southernmost Philippines province of Tawi Tawi, which borders Malaysia’s eastern state of Sabah, according to the Star newspaper.

Sabah state police chief Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman said a man filed a police report in the town of Sandakan about the alleged wreckage that was spotted by his nephew living in Tawi Tawi, the newspaper reported.

"This matter is being investigated," Jalaluddin was quoted by the Star newspaper as saying.

The man said he informed police about the wreckage since it could be part of an airplane that disappeared last year, according to the Starreport.

Tawi Tawi faces the Sulu Sea, which is far from the search area for the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 that experts believed crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.

The Beijing-bound flight MH370 disappeared on March 8, about an hour after takeoff from Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

Earlier in August, Malaysia confirmed that an aircraft flaperon found on Reunion Island east of Madagascar was part of the missing MH370.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Malaysia-investigates-report-of-plane-part-found-i-30270631.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-11

The part from Madagascar was confirmed part of the missing plane. If the part from Philippines matches, it would be very interesting development.

It certainly would be a big IF. What would be more interesting is, did the confirmed parts travel via the Malacca Straits or around Cape Horn and Cape of Good Hope.

Edited by Artisi

The part from Madagascar was confirmed part of the missing plane. If the part from Philippines matches, it would be very interesting development.

It certainly would be a big IF. What would be more interesting is, did the confirmed parts travel via the Malacca Straits or around Cape Horn and Cape of Good Hope.

I would say first Panama Canal, straights of Gibraltar, Suez Canal and down to Madagascar.

I would say first Panama Canal, straights of Gibraltar, Suez Canal and down to Madagascar.

haha I wasn't thinking when I posted, its highly unlikely its the same Malaysia plane unless the spirits carried it to Philippines for final rest.