PM Office says Thailand is more stable after NCPO rule

webfact

yes I agree we should all pull together and get this country back on course is it possible to get this country back on course the answer is a decidedly emphatic NO

It can be brought back on course but not the way it is being handled it cant. Emphatic? Big word for scouser

Thailand is more stable after the coup and worse off economically. Thanks but no thanks.

For crying out loud---world economy is in a mess---get a grip, you expect the Thai to be booming OMG

http://www.oxfordbusinessgroup.com/news/vietnam%E2%80%99s-growth-rate-hits-seven-year-high

I'll let you look up the rest of the surrounding countries on your own, but you will see they are all experiencing high growth

OMG

I agree, BKK is much safer now since the coup.

and the bombing at the Erawan shrine?

Thailand is not just about Bangkok. Yes the awful indiscriminate shootings have stopped, so to an extent that is a good thing.But if you get yourself around the country you will find a simmering discontent in many parts. Whilst the army hold the rifles it may `seem` safe but if long standing issues are not addressed there may well be a return to violence.

The endemic problem of no legitimate government and increasing household debt remain unchanged. This is like a boss speech at a staff Christmas dinner claiming *we've come a long way but the Christmas bonus cannot be reinstated until next year*

Pull the other one....soon there's not a limb left to pull

Thailand is not just about Bangkok. Yes the awful indiscriminate shootings have stopped, so to an extent that is a good thing.But if you get yourself around the country you will find a simmering discontent in many parts. Whilst the army hold the rifles it may `seem` safe but if long standing issues are not addressed there may well be a return to violence.

Oh and before the coup there were no bombings? Is that what you're trying to say?

At least the political groups don't kill eachother anymore on the streets of BKK. Corruption is being stopped, international rules are being applied, there's investment in public transport and watermanagement (still too slow buy allright). The farmers are all paid now (on cost of the normal taxpayers), things like the lottery are organised better, police is being reformed, human trafficking and slavery is stopped.

Outside BKK they suffer from the drought, that's the risk of all farmers around the world. Also all fishermen around the world have to obey rules. Yes every kid starts crying when it isn't allowed to do something for the first time of it's life.

Since the coup the police never demanded a bribe from me, i like that.

Tooting one's horn again. Seem they have to remind themselves every so often of how good things are.

Well better than the shooting on the street and incompetent Yingluck in power.

But after this time there should be much more:

The legal system complete refurbished

The police force a hub of honesty

Corruption level below Switzerland

etc etc

Stable alone is very weak....

The shooting on the street. You mean when the military killed ninety-odd people? Incompetent Yingluck was voted in by the people of Thailand, they obviously didn't think her all that incompetent. Now, if you want to talk about incompetence look no further than your beloved heroes.

Any shooting, no matter if the red shirts shoot yellow, or army shoot red shirts.....I don't care much who is shooting.

Incompetent Yingluck did massive vote buying to get elected. And it is rather irrelevant if some people love here. She was a disaster and corrupt.

I don't know who you think are my heroes? It is neither Abhisit nor Prayuth....I see them as incompetent as Yingluck.

The only positive thing about Prayuth is, that Thailand is stable now. But he doesn't do any of the important things, as well Abhisit didn't do anything.

Prayuth has a great chance to change Thailand for the better, and he is not doing it.

Despite what Maj Gen Mouthpiece may say, Thailand is NOT more stable. Just like a volcano, it is just dormant!

Highlighting the biggest concern (apart from the PM himself), is his fixation in the belief that “the country’s problems can only be solved with cooperation from all sides”.

He needs to get reconciled to that fact that, they will only be solved from cooperation with all sides!

Tooting one's horn again. Seem they have to remind themselves every so often of how good things are.

etc etc

The shooting on the street. You mean when the military killed ninety-odd people? Incompetent Yingluck was voted in by the people of Thailand, they obviously didn't think her all that incompetent. Now, if you want to talk about incompetence look no further than your beloved heroes.

The military DID NOT shoot 90+ people. This is a lie of astounding proportions.

They threw themselves in front of the bullets whilst the army were performing a "Beirut unload" over the parapet of the Skytrain tracks?

etc etc

Below Switzerland? Are you suggesting that FIFA move to Bangkok?

etc etc

Any shooting, no matter if the red shirts shoot yellow, or army shoot red shirts.....I don't care much who is shooting.

Incompetent Yingluck did massive vote buying to get elected. And it is rather irrelevant if some people love here. She was a disaster and corrupt.

I don't know who you think are my heroes? It is neither Abhisit nor Prayuth....I see them as incompetent as Yingluck.

The only positive thing about Prayuth is, that Thailand is stable now. But he doesn't do any of the important things, as well Abhisit didn't do anything.

Prayuth has a great chance to change Thailand for the better, and he is not doing it.

"Incompetent Yingluck did massive vote buying to get elected."

Another completely unsupported claim ff vote buying. Of course h90 will once again ignore the reminders that Yingluck was elected in an internationally monitored election.

I can see why junta-lovers keep bringing up this nonsense--no one can accuse Prayut of vote buying.

Edited by heybruce

Just like the USA was more stable after Bush took over unless you consider 9/11. Now 9/11 is not comparable to Thailand's biggest terrorist attack at the shrine but is this "more stable." I think most of the Thais would like to go back before the savior arrived.

etc etc

The military DID NOT shoot 90+ people. This is a lie of astounding proportions.

you're right, it was probably closer to 70-80 people... officially. whistling.gif

etc etc

Thaksin wins elections via his enormous level of support in the populous north not by vote buying. It has been proven time and time again and verified by none other than Democrat luminaries such as Abhisit and Korn. The fact that you feel the need to lie about this to make a point shows how weak (and wrong) your argument is.

Thailand is not stable now, the majority of the population are currently being oppressed and suppressed by a small armed minority - it is a situation that has a very limited shelf life. It is all but inevitable that their will be an eruption of violence in the period following the rejection of the second undemocratic charter - in the meantime there is re-education camps, section 44, censorship, a tanking economy and international terrorist bombings - hardly peace and stability.

Prayuth is the last, dying gasp of a fading and outdated social order - he represents nothing more than an unnecessary prolongation of yesterday. Odds are the military will attempt to head off the peoples uprising after the next charter is rejected by conducting a counter coup - tossing out the current generals and replacing them with new ones and hoping against hope that the "reset" is accepted by the people (it won't be)

Oh and before the coup there were no bombings? Is that what you're trying to say? (No)

At least the political groups don't kill eachother anymore on the streets of BKK.(True) Corruption is being stopped (It isn`t) international rules are being applied (They aren`t - E.g fishing industry), there's investment in public transport and watermanagement (still too slow buy allright)(true). The farmers are all paid now (they`re not) (on cost of the normal taxpayers), things like the lottery are organised better (no it isn`t), police is being reformed (no they are not...and never will), human trafficking and slavery is stopped (no it hasn`t).

Outside BKK they suffer from the drought, that's the risk of all farmers around the world (true). Also all fishermen around the world have to obey rules (True- but for too long Thailand hasn`t & still isn`t). Yes every kid starts crying when it isn't allowed to do something for the first time of it's life.

Since the coup the police never demanded a bribe from me, i like that. (Ah if only that fairy tale applied to all - the police continue to take bribes and are still corrupt - one of my examples? Being scammed, assaulted, robbed & kidnapped by mafia & police - true story. Check out my post in February about it)