Friend's daughters expired Thai passport stamped at immigration on entry

This of course needs to be signed by a solicitor?, maybe have one in Thai one in English?

The awkward issue is the notarisation. Now I made a notarised declaration for use in an uncontested transfer of custody in the Thai courts, which meant the expensive use of a 'notary public' (or whatever it is now), which involved the use of an 'apostille'. However, Thailand is not a signatory to the convention relating to their use, which is probably why the Thai consulate in London thinks they have to get involved.

I'm really hoping for their sake that they can sort it at immigration tomorrow...not holding my breath on that though

I believe it is the passport office to which they must go, not immigration, for the application for a new passport.

I'm really hoping for their sake that they can sort it at immigration tomorrow...not holding my breath on that though

I believe it is the passport office to which they must go, not immigration, for the application for a new passport.

I assume they want to try the "stamp the UK passport" route (correct the status to a 30 day exemption instead of the "seen at BKK" in the Thai passport)?

"I'm really hoping for their sake that they can sort it at immigration tomorrow...not holding my breath on that though"

Wherever you end up going, I think it might have to wait until next week. The 23rd, I believe, is a holiday.

Latest news is all sorted :). I don't know the full details yet but it seems the Thai immigration have admitted the error and actually stamped the British passport for them.Right or wrong I don't know but it's sorted now anyway. So 1 week after they arrived they can finally enjoy their holiday.

Cheers guys for all the help and suggestions, very much appreciated.

Regards

Nick

• Like 2

Latest news is all sorted smile.png. I don't know the full details yet but it seems the Thai immigration have admitted the error and actually stamped the British passport for them.Right or wrong I don't know but it's sorted now anyway. So 1 week after they arrived they can finally enjoy their holiday.

Cheers guys for all the help and suggestions, very much appreciated.

Regards

Nick

What "error" was admitted ?

Thai nationals are permitted to enter the country legally on expired or near to expired Thai passports.

If the original intention was to enter Thailand on the UK passport, the error was to give the Thai passport to the immigration officer at BKK airport. Good to see that immigration changed it later.

• Like 1