Bangkok Police arrest Pattaya Beach 'Loiterers'

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What image, Pattaya has always had a dubious image, why are they going for easy targets rather than fixing the important things like corruption, and chasing the real criminals.

That would really stain their tarnished image.............lol. Thai girls give THAI a good image-if thats possible.

"The detainees, consisting mostly of females suspected of engaging in prostitution, were taken to Pattaya Police Station and fined 100 Baht each before being released to presumably continue with whatever they were doing prior to their arrest."

Outstanding show of force and law enforcement!

Yeah, released. So they have to get back to Pattaya at their own expense after paying the fine, having lost a day of work. I don't think society benefits from this kind of thing. My opinion has been for many years that a good prostitute contributes as much value to society as a good plumber.

? They both keep your pipes clean and in good working order?

What image, Pattaya has always had a dubious image, why are they going for easy targets rather than fixing the important things like corruption, and chasing the real criminals.

This is low-hanging fruit that are freelancers. It's window dressing to show they are doing something, as the big fish keep funneling cash to police to look the other way.

Is it the same 50 every time? Can't they buy a season ticket?

Many owners of bars in Pattaya complained about these freelancers taking away their business while they pay tax and tea money - This "Clean Up" operation is really to force tourist into Bars and Clubs and not get business from freelancers.

Its called Bamboo network - Most of the properties in Pattaya are owned by same Thai Chinese families who are well connected in Bangkok.

Chilax...Nothing will happen to Pattaya as long as the status quo is maintained....

Its a FULL TIME JOB really to maintain the Status Quo in Pattaya :)

laughable!

Not Really...Few Businesses Still Control How Pattaya Flows.

You cannot Freelance anywhere in Pattaya not even in Walking Street but the same girls can go to a GoGo Bar and Get Employed.

Its all about money.

They are against freelancing not against prostitution.

The Pattaya police is a separate organization from city hall. They do not work under the mayor but do try to cooperate with the requests of city hall.( it is different in Western countries) So having Bangkok police to " clean up" Beach Rd is not surprising since the Pattaya police are connected too much with some of the exposed vices of the city ( jet ski scam, ladies/ katoeys along Beach Rd ...) It is so obvious having walking patrolmen -BIB- to patrol this area but you never see them walking around. I only see them in groups stopping poor motor bike drivers collecting their 200 baht.

What is the point of it? As soon as they leave the police station theyre back on the streets plying their trade.

What are the cops going to do with 100 baht? Buy some booze for their next Chinese holiday party.

I doubt if many of the hookers are girls. They'll most likely be ladyboys and she- males.

Pattaya has become Boyz town in recent years.Even beer bars and gogo bars have ladyboys in hot pants.

Arabs,Indians and Euro's love them.

"The detainees, consisting mostly of females suspected of engaging in prostitution, were taken to Pattaya Police Station and fined 100 Baht each before being released to presumably continue with whatever they were doing prior to their arrest."

Yeah, released. So they have to get back to Pattaya at their own expense after paying the fine, having lost a day of work. I don't think society benefits from this kind of thing. My opinion has been for many years that a good prostitute contributes as much value to society as a good plumber.

Rubbish, "having lost a day of work" and "have to get back to Pattaya at their own expense", what from soi. 9 ? Wise up

Dubious is being polite. The police should change all criminals not just the ones that are high profile.

What would you have the police change them into ?

Point #1 : Frankly, I believe that Pattaya's 'reputation' is beyond repair, and there never was a 'good reputation' to lose anyway. We all know how it started and Walking Street, that pit, is in line with that. An 'achievement', of sorts.

Point #2 : I know there are a lot of dubious boys, girls and LBs (especially the latter) hanging around Pattaya Beach looking for mischief, but how exactly do you read a person's intention ? And once you've read their intention somehow, you fine them for it ? How creepy is that, and what's next ?

Couldn't the Pattaya police force be trusted with the job ?

NO............they general consensus is they own most of the free lancers anyway. But, seeing the picures, I would have to be dip dunk drunk to take one of those 'prizes' home with me. Woof Woof. bah.gif

Point #1 : Frankly, I believe that Pattaya's 'reputation' is beyond repair, and there never was a 'good reputation' to lose anyway. We all know how it started and Walking Street, that pit, is in line with that. An 'achievement', of sorts.

Point #2 : I know there are a lot of dubious boys, girls and LBs (especially the latter) hanging around Pattaya Beach looking for mischief, but how exactly do you read a person's intention ? And once you've read their intention somehow, you fine them for it ? How creepy is that, and what's next ?

Right? You can't prove they're doing anything wrong just because they are out there. Even if you know what they are up too don't you have to catch them actually breaking the law before you arrest them? Sometimes I hang out at the beach too, how do they know I'm not selling my services just because I'm not Thai or wearing a dress?

I don't see much difference between plumbing and prostitution , all to do with downstairs toilets.

Right? You can't prove they're doing anything wrong just because they are out there. Even if you know what they are up too don't you have to catch them actually breaking the law before you arrest them? Sometimes I hang out at the beach too, how do they know I'm not selling my services just because I'm not Thai or wearing a dress?

Totally agree Kru Baa , a LB or girl stands on Beach Road looks at her watch stands there to meet he/his partner and gets arrested for loitering , Why don't the BiB put up notices along the way saying " Anyone walking along here on their own will be prosecuted for loitering "