Fang Farmers Flame Fields

FolkGuitar

Getting rid of the corn husks.

I wish someone would tell farmers that you can use corn husks as animal food. Might save a bit of burning off, A few lessons on composting and silage might be worthwhile too.

Anything to stop the dreaded, choking smoke that invades Chiang Mai each year.

Driving back from Chiang Rai yesterday it was amazing how much burning was happening, and I only saw them burning the rice stubble. Was expecting great views in Phayao, but could only just make out the mountains from the lake.

Interesting they were burning rice stubble, have they harvested there already or just left over from last harvest?

Edited by junglechef

Driving back from Chiang Rai yesterday it was amazing how much burning was happening, and I only saw them burning the rice stubble. Was expecting great views in Phayao, but could only just make out the mountains from the lake.

Interesting they were burning rice stubble, have they harvested there already or just left over from last harvest?

Harvest has begun SE of Chiang Mai too.

The government will sort it out, not to worry.

Yes the law will be enforced when you cannot see more than 50 meters or cannot breath any more.

No I think thats the stage where they form a committee to evaluate the problem and look for solutions..

The government will sort it out, not to worry.

Yes the law will be enforced when you cannot see more than 50 meters or cannot breath any more.

No I think thats the stage where they form a committee to evaluate the problem and look for solutions..

Nope, that only happens when the first heavy rains extinguish the last burning fields and hedgerows.

I thought today had been declared ''be nice in the sand box day'' guess i misunderstood , my vision or maybe it was a

dream

its best for you health to end the day on a happy note just as most 'grouchs'' excepted, start the day..

Today we rode west out of Fang towards Doi Angkahn, and there was smoke everywhere we looked. Left side, right side, and in front of us... Frankly, after 15years living in Japan I've come to like the smell of burning rice chaff, but unfortunately along with the smell comes the pollution.