What are the opening times of UK Passport Office in Bangkok?

From Overseas British passport applications

Making your application

You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.

UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua,
Wattana,
Bangkok
Thailand

Email: [email protected]

Getting your passport

Your passport will be delivered to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied - you must collect it in person.

They will contact you - using the details on your application form - when your passport is ready to collect.

You must bring your existing passport as photo ID.

That doesn't give the answer to the specific question you asked, I know.

However, the VFS site says

Opening hours:
Application submission - with a prior appointment:
Monday to Friday
08:30-15:00

and whilst that is for visa applications, I imagine the opening hours for passport applications are similar, if not the same.

It is worth mentioning that you should look closely at the UK.GOV website for the supporting documents that are required.

Notably, you need to photocopy every page of your current passport (including blank pages) and address verification documentation is quite specific.

Appointment first - email Vfs with 3 dates/times (never usually a problem getting what you want).

• Like 1

It is worth mentioning that you should look closely at the UK.GOV website for the supporting documents that are required.

Notably, you need to photocopy every page of your current passport (including blank pages) and address verification documentation is quite specific.

Appointment first - email Vfs with 3 dates/times (never usually a problem getting what you want).

And, the passport photocopies need to be in colour too!

I tried to use my Thai driving license as proof of address, they will not accept it without a translation - which you can get in the lobby for a pricey 400 Baht. 100 Baht per line of text, seems a bit of a scam as the translation offices are hardly what you would describe as "Official".

9 to 3 with an appointment.

I used my thai driving license last month with translation from a proper business in KK...no issues. Thr UK side had an issue with my photos and I had to DHL more as my glasses slightly rain along my eye line. ...crazy.

Check your paperwork, recheck it then check it again...the VFS 'service' only checks thr papers match thr requirements AND DO NOT CHECK THR CONTENT!!

I tried to use my Thai driving license as proof of address, they will not accept it without a translation - which you can get in the lobby for a pricey 400 Baht. 100 Baht per line of text, seems a bit of a scam as the translation offices are hardly what you would describe as "Official".

That does sound a bit of a scam. At the British Embassy I've yet to see a Brit, they all seem to be Thais working there, so that being the case, why on earth do they require a translation ?

That does sound a bit of a scam. At the British Embassy I've yet to see a Brit, they all seem to be Thais working there, so that being the case, why on earth do they require a translation ?

Applications are processed in the UK, I suspect there will be very few Thai readers employed in their office in Liverpool.

• Like 2

9 to 3 with an appointment.

I used my thai driving license last month with translation from a proper business in KK...no issues. Thr UK side had an issue with my photos and I had to DHL more as my glasses slightly rain along my eye line. ...crazy.

Check your paperwork, recheck it then check it again...the VFS 'service' only checks thr papers match thr requirements AND DO NOT CHECK THR CONTENT!!

It is not the responsibility of Vfs to check your paperwork - that is your responsibility. They are simply processing agents/post box for Liverpool - documents in Thai are useless for them.

Those posters referring to the British embassy should be aware that the British embassy has NOTHING to do with passports.

The photo requirements are very clear - you should not wear glasses !!

https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

Including details of HMPO's pernickity requirements for the new passport photos - which might, in practice, prove easier said than done to comply with since most professional photographers in LOS are geared up to taking ID photos against a bright blue background which is a definite no-no as far as HMPO are concerned.

Absolute rubbish and inaccurate about glasses....if you read it correctly you should wear glasses if a full time wearer....all my UK passports have ALWAYS had my photo with specs, just not allowed sunglasses etc. Get it right before posting crap.

My apologies Chudless I had incorrectly interpreted the "X" against the glasses as meaning that glasses should not be worn.

Note to self: Must try harder when trying to be helpful smile.png

Absolute rubbish and inaccurate about glasses....if you read it correctly you should wear glasses if a full time wearer....all my UK passports have ALWAYS had my photo with specs, just not allowed sunglasses etc. Get it right before posting crap.

Fine, of course, if you are supremely confident that your existing spec frames will last the full lifetime of your new passport, which will be 10 years in most cases. If you change your frames over this period you might find it impossible to use the automatic passport gates at LHR on return trips to the UK at best!

Edited by OJAS

Once you apply for a new passport do you get to keep your original passport?

Yes.

Theoretically you can't travel on it but it can be used for ID purposes.

You need to take the old passport when collecting the new one. At that point they usually cut the corner off the old one (they didn't with mine).

The last time I applied in Australia I had to send the original passport along with the application. When the original was returned with the new one, the corners were intact. The previous time I applied from Thailand, the corners were cut off.

Chudless,

Do you just need to ask the Embassy for a letter and immigration will transfer any visas?

Then next time go somewhere cheaper!

Don't driving licences, like Thai ID cards, now have the details in both Thai and English?

Once you apply for a new passport do you get to keep your original passport?

Yes.

Theoretically you can't travel on it but it can be used for ID purposes.

Indeed. HMPO are aware that, officially, foreigners in Thailand must have their passport on their person at all times. (Yes, I know very few people do; but it should be easily available if you are asked to produce it to the Thai authorities; which it wouldn't be if it's in Liverpool!)

Therefore in Thailand, and other countries with similar laws, you do not have to submit your old passport with the application.

As said above, it should be cancelled when you collect your new one.

Supply and demand I suspect - same with photos.

Whilst the address on the driving licence does need translation - we should also note that any document should be less than a year old, a driving licence may well not be. I had a tabien baan rejected for that reason.

Table A
Identity, name and address and/or residency evidence
All
applicants must provide one do
cumen
t showing photo identity
and
one document as evidence of name and address and/or residency dated within the last year.