Keppel Land

Although I have't inspected their quality in detail, I used to own the stock of the group company. They have a quality reuptation in Singapore.

In Thailand it looks like they develop houses and commercial buildings. If they'd do a luxury condo project at a seaside location, I'd say it could be very interesting as an investment.

Although I have't inspected their quality in detail, I used to own the stock of the group company. They have a quality reuptation in Singapore.

In Thailand it looks like they develop houses and commercial buildings. If they'd do a luxury condo project at a seaside location, I'd say it could be very interesting as an investment.

I doubt they are as efficient in Thailand as they are in Singapore due to the 51% Thai-owned requirements to operate as a developer.

Know them quite well in Singapore, as others have said above, it's a highly respected business, multi award winning, (Keppel land is now wholly owned by the parent co, Keppel Corp, after a minority buyout). They certainly value their reputation ,and I am pretty sure they would try hard to avoid any association with a duff project, but with Thai local mgmt, who knows? As far as I am aware Thailand is not a major priority for the Keppel group.

Edited by wordchild

I doubt they are as efficient in Thailand as they are in Singapore due to the 51% Thai-owned requirements to operate as a developer.
I don't think such ownership rules change their efficiency or quality as you point. It's the same for Keppel in China.

I don't think such ownership rules change their efficiency or quality as you point. It's the same for Keppel in China.

Do you think that Tesco here are as good as Tesco in the UK? I dont.

Do you think that Tesco here are as good as Tesco in the UK? I dont.

I don't know about the Tesco comparison, don't go much shopping here nor did I when I lived in the UK a while back. Just seen ownership rules imposed in the various Asian countries before in various industries and don't think they had an impact on the quality of the product.

Why do you think the ownership rules impact efficiency or quality of Keppel in Thailand vs Keppel in other countries?

• 2 weeks later...

Co-worker at my company owns a house from Keppel in Thailand. Only positive things, high standard of construction finish, and get the small detail work done.

Seen their housing project at Srinakarin, big houses without allocating proper spaces to hide the air con compressors...