Islamic State planning mass attack on Britain, warns head of MI5

webfact

Anyhow....and back to the subject on hand...that being the imminent threat of terrorist acts in the UK perpetrated by the IS or other radical militant Islamic groups ...or individuals.

Britain will have to deal with it and that will be very uncomfortable for all the citizens living in Britain while the Muslim community in Britain will be persecuted for the heinous acts perpetrated by a small percent of the Islamic radicals.

Here in Thailand there is a fairly large Muslim community spread throughout the country while Thailand has its share of unrest caused by historic events that left the south of Thailand in a state of ongoing turmoil.

I will not get into the details but there are many books written on the subject which will enlighten the readers as to why Thailand has Muslim / Islam related social problems.

All of the Muslims I have ever met here in Thailand ( by way of business ) are amongst the most mellow people I have ever known while I do not care for all their religious values and practices and their beliefs it is clear that they are not radicals in any which way or form nor do they support any of what we are discussing on this forum.

However...if they all band together and have to make a choice as to who's side they will take and where their loyalties lie then that is already known and understood.

The IS and their affiliates and similar radical militant groups developed under violent and tumultuous conditions ...so it is a different set of circumstances that created their existence and their anger and hatred and most everything entailed with their existence and rise to power.

Meantime under peaceful conditions and prosperity with no one to incite the masses of Muslim followers ......they are just as peaceful as the rest of the people around the world as we can see, regardless of which religion people follow , people around the world can be just as nasty or just as nice....so the IS is not the only group to be killing and slaughtering and creating mayhem and any worse just because they are of the Islamic faith.

Eventually they will be have to be confronted far more so than they are now so Britain will probably have to take special measures to deal with them on their home turf while all the non radical Muslims in Britain will be under the microscope also which will cause all the more tensions and animosity.

Cheers

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyhow....and back to the subject on hand...that being the imminent threat of terrorist acts in the UK perpetrated by the IS or other radical militant Islamic groups ...or individuals.

Britain will have to deal with it and that will be very uncomfortable for all the citizens living in Britain while the Muslim community in Britain will be persecuted for the heinous acts perpetrated by a small percent of the Islamic radicals.

Here in Thailand there is a fairly large Muslim community spread throughout the country while Thailand has its share of unrest caused by historic events that left the south of Thailand in a state of ongoing turmoil.

I will not get into the details but there are many books written on the subject which will enlighten the readers as to why Thailand has Muslim / Islam related social problems.

All of the Muslims I have ever met here in Thailand ( by way of business ) are amongst the most mellow people I have ever known while I do not care for all their religious values and practices and their beliefs it is clear that they are not radicals in any which way or form nor do they support any of what we are discussing on this forum.

However...if they all band together and have to make a choice as to who's side they will take and where their loyalties lie then that is already known and understood.

The IS and their affiliates and similar radical militant groups developed under violent and tumultuous conditions ...so it is a different set of circumstances that created their existence and their anger and hatred and most everything entailed with their existence and rise to power.

Meantime under peaceful conditions and prosperity with no one to incite the masses of Muslim followers ......they are just as peaceful as the rest of the people around the world as we can see, regardless of which religion people follow , people around the world can be just as nasty or just as nice....so the IS is not the only group to be killing and slaughtering and creating mayhem and any worse just because they are of the Islamic faith.

Eventually they will be have to be confronted far more so than they are now so Britain will probably have to take special measures to deal with them on their home turf while all the non radical Muslims in Britain will be under the microscope also which will cause all the more tensions and animosity.

Cheers

If what you say is true then how come thousands of British born Muslims who were raised and educated in the UK have gone to join the IS to murder, rape and enslave just like their Arab brothers?

Same with the rest of Europe and Australia and, in fact, the rest of the Muslim world. The problem is not radical Muslims, the problem lies within Islam itself. No other religion has the level of barbaric and brutal indoctrination like Islam does. Muslims that say they are only moderate are still well beyond what we would consider a rational and humane thinking. All moderate Muslims believe that apostasy, blasphemy and adultery deserves death. Is that how you would regard a moderate belief in the West? It is moderate only to them.but when.we hear them claim to be moderate we expect them not to be so obsessed with death like thr rest of the maniacs are. It's this misunderstanding on our behalf which is why we all believe that moderate Muslims would be just peaceful easy going regular westerners however that is yet another falacy and excuse for all the horrific things that Islam is responsible for.

At some point the world has to wise up to what is really going on. Right??

Edited by KunMatt

Cheers

If what you say is true then how come thousands of British born Muslims who were raised and educated in the UK have gone to join the IS to murder, rape and enslave just like their Arab brothers?

Same with the rest of Europe and Australia and, in fact, the rest of the Muslim world. The problem is not radical Muslims, the problem lies within Islam itself. No other religion has the level of barbaric and brutal indoctrination like Islam does. Muslims that say they are only moderate are still well beyond what we would consider a rational and humane thinking. All moderate Muslims believe that apostasy, blasphemy and adultery deserves death. Is that how you would regard a moderate belief in the West? It is moderate only to them.but when.we hear them claim to be moderate we expect them not to be so obsessed with death like thr rest of the maniacs are. It's this misunderstanding on our behalf which is why we all believe that moderate Muslims would be just peaceful easy going regular westerners however that is yet another falacy and excuse for all the horrific things that Islam is responsible for.

I lived among a 'moderate' Sunni Muslim community in Pattaya for four years. None of them supported, lets call it Arab Sharia Law that apostasy, blasphemy and adultery deserves death. In fact some had decided to follow Buddhism, indulged in adultery and so on without any threat to their personal safety. Expressed condemnation and refuted the violence driven by extremist interpretation of the Koran and the separatist violence in the deep South was common.

Edited by simple1

Blame America, They started it!

Please explain how there was no Islamic terrorism before 9/11, Gulf War 2, the war in Afghanistan, Gulf War 1 or the Taliban.

I'm curious to know how America started something that existed about 1000 years before the creation of their own country.

That 'something' what you called disappeared in 732 in Poitiers.

After that some 2 million Muslims were engaged in Western wars.

It was not the other way around.

OP refers to a possible threat who originated during Cold War somewhere, somehow just before the Afghan war against USSR...

Takes a few weeks/months for a nation like UK to engage in a modern war. Check out the Chilcot report publication next year : it takes more than 7 years to compile and make it public what 'really' happened with UK tax money...

Edited by Thorgal

Cheers

I lived among a 'moderate' Sunni Muslim community in Pattaya for four years. None of them supported, lets call it Arab Sharia Law that apostasy, blasphemy and adultery deserves death. In fact some had decided to follow Buddhism, indulged in adultery and so on without any threat to their personal safety. Expressed condemnation and refuted the violence driven by extremist interpretation of the Koran and the separatist violence in the deep South was common.

You are talking about non devout Musims, not moderate Muslims. A moderate Muslim believes in and follows Islam and the Koran. The Koran clearly states that Adultery, Blasphemy and Apostasy means death, along with many, many other things.

Here's a very large room full of Western moderate Muslims and what they believe in and want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYAcLudBbhg

Now do you see the difference?

Well they haven't increased the 'threat level'.

The current threat level is "SEVERE" !

https://www.mi5.gov.uk/home/about-us/faqs-about-mi5/what-is-the-current-national-threat-level.html

That's right, it was increased to 'Severe' in August 2014, more than a year ago.

This is what I meant by 'they haven't increased the threat level'. There is a higher level of threat than severe.

What is your problem?

Is "Severe" not "Severe" enough?

The only remaining level is "Critical". When that level is reached you should go and ride the underground.

Does 7th of the 7th ring any bells.

Cheers

You are talking about non devout Musims, not moderate Muslims. A moderate Muslim believes in and follows Islam and the Koran. The Koran clearly states that Adultery, Blasphemy and Apostasy means death, along with many, many other things.

Here's a very large room full of Western moderate Muslims and what they believe in and want.

the people who need our support are not the moderates, because there is no such thing. We need to support those pushing reformation, IE Salman Rushdee & his likes. Keep them alive and undermining the faith from within.

the people who need our support are not the moderates, because there is no such thing. We need to support those pushing reformation, IE Salman Rushdee & his likes. Keep them alive and undermining the faith from within.

My point is that there are moderate Muslims but they are not moderate on our scale, only on their scale which includes suicide bombers to promote the religion, of course compared to that they consider themselves moderate. But when we are told they are moderate we are relating it to our scale so we expect them not to want to kill anyone for another belief, but as shown above a moderate Muslim still wants to execute anyone for what we would consider a minor act. They are clearly having a medieval set of beliefs and values. And this is not just a small cross-ection of Muslims because every Islamic country enforces the same thing and executes people for adultery, blasphemy and apostasy and many, many more things. There really isn't a massive difference to the laws laid down by the IS and the laws held by any other Islamic country.

Blame America, They started it!

Please explain how there was no Islamic terrorism before 9/11, Gulf War 2, the war in Afghanistan, Gulf War 1 or the Taliban.

I'm curious to know how America started something that existed about 1000 years before the creation of their own country.

I am sure UK's exploitation of the world before they were slammed in WWII had nothing to do with it.

Who us?

coffee1.gif

Cheers

The Thai Muslim community I know consider themselves to be followers of the Muslim faith, as I'm sure those whom you define as non-devout elsewhere in the world do so as well. For those who talk to a homogeneous world view by followers of Islam, some even talking to a lemming type of behaviour across millions of people I say 'nonsense' no matter how many times it is insisted it's factual. These are numerous differing Muslim groups / sects. As an example there are roughly 65 Muslim groups in Australia, some of whom totally refute abrogation and other matters of interpretation that people on this forum constantly repeat all Muslims follow the same interpretation

In the UK I understand UK intelligence believes there are less than a 1,000 UK nationals who have joined Islamic extremists in Syria & Iraq. Australian security believes there are less than 150 nationals; appalling but hardly overwhelming support for the likes of Daesh that some postulate.

Although terrible there is a different narrative that you present. It's around 29 of the 49 majority Islamic countries who do not have the death penalty for breach of Sharia Law for matters such as Adultery, Blasphemy and Apostasy e.g. death sentence for Apostacy

Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Mauritania, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates, Yemen. In Iran, Mauritania, Qatar, and Yemen, there have been no recorded executions so far.

Edited by Scott

For Europe, the flooded countries of Greece and Italy. Ms Merkel invited everyone to invade Europe. She has achieved her wish. She was a former communist, dedicated to the downfall of the West. She has achieved her wish. She was elected by the German Republic and now they are wringing their hands. Adolf Hitler got it all wrong, instead of invading most of Europe with a military force, he should have dressed the SS in migrant uniform and invaded Europe as migrants. Hail Sharia, Seig Heil.

Are you joking Disparate Dan. You quote from a book of fables. And the wicked do not flee, they are the politicians, the men of big business. And they will never flee because the pursuers are on their side. They are protected. Take your book, burn it in a public place, and you may rouse some idiots to support you. In the meantime, we are getting on with our lives. With no help from your distorted book and no help from a similar Arabic book of fantacy.

That little island in the southern hemisphere with all the kangaroos is starting to look a little more attractive every day.

Jihaddis won't go there because the local yobbos are even worse.cheesy.gif

Sounds like your one your goodself

But it is true, Australians will only take so much before knuckles start flying

BTW That "That little Island "

Is most likely to be about 100 times larger than where you are from

Edited by Kangaloo

The Thai Muslim community I know consider themselves to be followers of the Muslim faith, as I'm sure those whom you define as non-devout elsewhere in the world do so as well. For those who talk to a homogeneous world view by followers of Islam, some even talking to a lemming type of behaviour across millions of people I say 'nonsense' no matter how many times it is insisted it's factual. These are numerous differing Muslim groups / sects. As an example there are roughly 65 Muslim groups in Australia, some of whom totally refute abrogation and other matters of interpretation that people on this forum constantly repeat all Muslims follow the same interpretation

In the UK I understand UK intelligence believes there are less than a 1,000 UK nationals who have joined Islamic extremists in Syria & Iraq. Australian security believes there are less than 150 nationals; appalling but hardly overwhelming support for the likes of Daesh that some postulate.

Although terrible there is a different narrative that you present. It's around 29 of the 49 majority Islamic countries who do not have the death penalty for breach of Sharia Law for matters such as Adultery, Blasphemy and Apostasy e.g. death sentence for Apostacy

Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Mauritania, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates, Yemen. In Iran, Mauritania, Qatar, and Yemen, there have been no recorded executions so far.

An excellent overview taking into account the vast diversity within the Muslim faith, further making the point of the ethnic diversity, a factor which in itself varies the characteristics of each group and it's interpretation of the central tenets of the faith. The rise and spread of Islam is a worry not because of the diversity in the interpretation or level of adherence. It is worrying because of its inability to converge and reform, thus the best financially funded & in the current case the most regressive (Saudi & Iranian) factions are with the help of there respective allies who claim regional interests, wage holy war throughout the region. The greatest enemy we have is the level of ignorance and poorly informed parochial bias, on both or all sides of the conflict. The us verses them, mob mentality is proving to be the path of least resistance, and down that path is where we are heading. I see this immigration deluge, will be the cause of the EU's eventual break up.

Edited by Scott

The UK has to learn stop sucking up Arabs it will get you nothing but death from Arabs and other Muslems

Israel is not going to do anything to you but sell you new drugs to cure diseases

I do find it disturbing though that the UK was a key player in having Saudi Arabia added to the board of the UNHRC. It beggars belief that any civil society would have a bunch of barbaric mediaeval savages on a board that scrutinises breeches on human rights. I only say that because of Saudi's human rights record, IE public be headings, crucifixion and flogging to name a few. Edited by marcosss

Are you joking Disparate Dan. You quote from a book of fables. And the wicked do not flee, they are the politicians, the men of big business. And they will never flee because the pursuers are on their side. They are protected. Take your book, burn it in a public place, and you may rouse some idiots to support you. In the meantime, we are getting on with our lives. With no help from your distorted book and no help from a similar Arabic book of fantacy.

We are at x-purposes, my quote was referring to those who are concerned about having their emails read.

As for my distorted book, I am a long time paid up member of Richard Dawkins and the late "Hitch"

I know "The God Delusion" off by heart,can quote verbatim on the BBC Intelligence Squared Debate, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5OMNPmoVAw, did not have my children baptised, and severely strained a friendship when I declined to be a godfather

to a long time friend's child.

If there is such a thing as a polymath on religion's evils, I probably qualify.

I was refused entry to the USA as my politics were too far to the left, during the McCarthy era.

Here is the full version of the debate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrIHw0fZNOA

Edited by DisparateDan

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the silver lining is that at least some people still think that Britain is relevant as a world power to even consider an attack. I'm pretty sure IS isn't planning an attack on Paraguay any time soon. unsure.png

Edited by Jingthing

Who gives a rats arse about the 50 different versions Muslim. Their views have no reality. They are a distortion of humanity. The west must confront them and allow freedom of speech, freedom of ideas. Islam is evil. You will not change the opinion of low IQ Islamists. Rather, we should disengage from them, now that we are no longer dependant on fuel from them. Let them sort their own problems, they love killing, let them kill them selves. And let Russia take care of it all. Let the middle east bleed Ruski land even more. I used to respect the USA. now they are sending troops to fight and die for a lost cause. As a former trooper, I feel sorry for the body bags that will go back to the US.. And for what?

Oh right, so you think that Islamic terrorism began in 2003?

Before that, in the UK, the IRA were the boogieman.

Security forces always need a boogieman to justify their oppression of the people.

Home grown terrorism was long before islamic terrorism remember Timothy McVeigh in 1995? or alan berg in 1985?.

Who gives a rats arse about the 50 different versions Muslim. Their views have no reality. They are a distortion of humanity. The west must confront them and allow freedom of speech, freedom of ideas. Islam is evil. You will not change the opinion of low IQ Islamists. Rather, we should disengage from them, now that we are no longer dependant on fuel from them. Let them sort their own problems, they love killing, let them kill them selves. And let Russia take care of it all. Let the middle east bleed Ruski land even more. I used to respect the USA. now they are sending troops to fight and die for a lost cause. As a former trooper, I feel sorry for the body bags that will go back to the US.. And for what?

A blinkered view to say we are no longer dependent on energy products from the M.E region. Nearly all of the West's trading partners are heavily reliant on secure supply of M.E. energy, without which there would be massive economic disruption to the global trade supply chain.

The Islamists, at least the leaders, are not low IQ, many are highly educated, even some at the operational level, as we have learnt to our misfortune.

Edited by simple1