Danish seniors revealed for fraud in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the latest example of how pensioners across the Western world are increasingly being treated as a parasitic sub-species, to be vilified and penalised at every opportunity. Thank God for our grandchildren who see us for what we really are.

Money trees?

Just the latest example of how pensioners across the Western world are increasingly being treated as a parasitic sub-species, to be vilified and penalised at every opportunity. Thank God for our grandchildren who see us for what we really are.

Money trees?

There is a reason why we danish people pay up to 70% in tax. And vat on everything 25%, vat on cars 180% and so on. Just saying :)

11000 Danish Krone equals

57,851.29 Thai Baht

£516 British Pounds (State Pension) equals

฿28,415 Thai Baht

Seems like Danes get quite a good deal compared to the Brits

The full australian pension would be about 52,000 baht, at 65 years, but it can't be (legally) taken outside the country other than a few places with reciprocal social security agreements ( and some grandfathered agreements for people who must now be pushing 90).

In any case, relatively few people qualify these days given compulsory superannuation payments ( employer and employee)

A single Danish senior in Thailand receives 13.000 Danish kroner before tax, but if he is living together with a Thai woman he will only receive 11.000 Danish kroner

​and in Thailand a single senior needs 800,000 baht for an extension, but if married to a Thai woman only need 400,000 baht.

amazing how much cheaper it appear to be to live with a Thai woman... blink.png

I hope you haven't forgotten that you don't need ฿800,000 if you have a guaranteed income. I have never in my life possessed ฿800,000, but my combined Army pension and Social Security old age pension have managed to stay above ฿65,000 a month since 1998. I was getting pretty worried when the baht got up to ฿28.50 to the dollar, but they it reversed course just in time. Don't know what I'll do if the dollar weakens and the baht strengthens next year.

Strange law.

But i have met some strange Danish people along the way ass well.

Hi there here is your pension now go live miserable alone and not take care of anyone.

Ow sorry you take care of someone then we need to cut you back 2000 kroner ??

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Perhaps the Danes assume a partner shares expenses and is not just a drain on them.

Yep! A retiree on limited pension has to tell his potential partner, "I am no sugar daddy!"

What is this obsession with 'sugar daddy' about? Third time you posted this in the thread...

Some Thai girl brought her friend on your night out?

Ok, so according to the Danish authority, a single senior will receive 13000 kroner, but if he has a partner to support, he will get 2000 kroner LESS?

It that not backwards? If the senior has to support a partner, should he not be getting MORE? Is the assumption that the partner is employed and contributing to the household income? Would it not then be appropriate to ask for a declaration of income from the partner, and then adjust the pension payout accordingly? Or does that make too much sense?

Yes, makes too much sense for Govt. bureaucrats. coffee1.gif

Which (11k) would put him below the required 65k income for retirement stay in Thailand so kind of understandable why not being reported by even those that are otherwise honest."Otherwis

Otherwise honest ? What kind of honest is that? Your either honest or your not.

How can they prove you are living with somebody full time ? ..They have agents hiding in the woods lol .B.T.W 13K Kroner is a very generous amount ,hey even with 11k Kroner you can live very well in Thailand .If now enough to show for immigration ,such people should easily have the B800k saving to show .Heck there are people who will lend it to you for the required 3 months if nessary .For a fee.

The Danish Consule is right down the street from me on Sai Yuan Rd in Rawai Phuket. I presume they have staff. Maybe headquarters called and told them to put down their beers for a few hours and do a few house checks. They got their intel somehow and now someone has to pay. And I got a funny feeling that money is not just sitting in a coffee can waiting to be returned. Oh well, garnished pensions checks aughta solve that.

57,851.29 Thai Baht
฿28,415 Thai Baht

You mean the Brit pension is not based on your earnings/payments into it?

57,851.29 Thai Baht

฿28,415 Thai Baht

You mean the Brit pension is not based on your earnings/payments into it?

Welfare state, everyone gets paid

Even those who just arrived as refugees and alcoholics who have no interest in working all get a weekly payment anyway... :)

Some people here would love it going by the posts ...

Strange law.

But i have met some strange Danish people along the way ass well.

Hi there here is your pension now go live miserable alone and not take care of anyone.

Ow sorry you take care of someone then we need to cut you back 2000 kroner ??

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Perhaps the Danes assume a partner shares expenses and is not just a drain on them.

Yep! A retiree on limited pension has to tell his potential partner, "I am no sugar daddy!"
What is this obsession with 'sugar daddy' about? Third time you posted this in the thread...

Some Thai girl brought her friend on your night out?

Because I have seen many retired foreigners come into this country and act like sugar daddies...and some unfortunate ones committed suicide.

I did not think that Denmark paid pensions to Danes who gave left the country, unless there is an international tax/pensions/social benefits treaty, between the 2 countries. For example my wife is Danish and we live in Canada. So she gets her pension. When we inquired about moving to live in Thailand, she was told her pension would stop., because Denmark and . Thailand do not have a tax treaty. Any Danes, can you enlighten us on this? Canada is pretty cold and wet right now.

Ok, so according to the Danish authority, a single senior will receive 13000 kroner, but if he has a partner to support, he will get 2000 kroner LESS?

It that not backwards? If the senior has to support a partner, should he not be getting MORE? Is the assumption that the partner is employed and contributing to the household income? Would it not then be appropriate to ask for a declaration of income from the partner, and then adjust the pension payout accordingly? Or does that make too much sense?

Punishment for being on a pension and living with (someone not Danish?) Now I've heard of some strange "rules" but this one tops anything the Thais do! Where does the Danish Government think the money they spend comes from? Governments seldom have any money that isn't taken from working people or businesses.

This law applies to most european pensions, for instance I can go to Denmark and get a pension under a reciprocal agrreemnet, Greece is also in this but I don't like chances these days.

Living with partner , they assume she is working, however she can go on the pension with you even if she is not 65 as long as you are married.

If you leave the country to live overseas in a country that does not have a reciprocal agreement then her pension stops and you can't claim the living alone allowance.

Thailand has no agreements, and some countries stop your pension after 6 months if you leave.

If your pension is portable then your fortunate, I think all pensions should be portable.

Edited by kiwikeith

Do immigration require you to have a pension of 65000 Baht per month before or after taxes??

On a Danish pension of 13000 DK, the first 3600 DK is tax free, thereafter you pay 37% tax, so on a pension of 13000 DK after taxes, you would have 9522 DK per month.

Danish pensions paid outside the EU are reduced by 50%, so I assume these guys are not reporting their change of address, if they were their pension would amount to 5427 DK per month.

Requirement is gross pay (before tax) for Thai immigration. But you can also use funds in a bank account 3 months inside Thailand for any shortfall from the 65k requirement if needed. Total for a year would have to be 800k or more.

A single Danish senior in Thailand receives 13.000 Danish kroner before tax, but if he is living together with a Thai woman he will only receive 11.000 Danish kroner.

This sounds like it is specific to those cohabiting with Thais. If he is living with a Cambodian women does the same apply? It appears this is a translation so I guess the English is not perfect.

What is very clear is that this is a ridiculous and mean law. So you live with another - how does that effect your personal financial status?

Many, (like me) assume the Scandinavian countries are good at looking after citizens, but these punitive 'punishments' show they are just as hypercritical and petty as the rest...

Many think that a couple can live together more cheaply than two lone single people.

Also, maybe this law wasn't framed with expatriates in mind.

In the UK, if a couple is married, they get more favourably treated for income tax.

Well, should two retired Danish were to be living together as a couple, the amount paid out would be 22,000...

Yes, but it would seem that in the eyes of Danish law, stating that one is living on ones own, when one isn't, is not on!

In the UK, if say a single mother gets benefits, on the strength of telling the benefit people that she lives alone, when in fact her boyfriend lives with her, and earns reasonable money, she will be required to repay the calculated overpayment.

Also, in the UK, my mother lived alone & was retired, this meant that she got a 100% reduction of her council tax (maybe 200 quid a month).

I can't really see too much difference.

Good afternoon

Now this topic has been running for quite some time.

The article, or whatever you like to call it, refers to people on pre-pensions, granted to people

suffering from some kind of dissability of either mentally or physically caracter. Age does not

mean anything. This pension is as mentioned max kr. 13.000 a month and reduced when sharing

household with another person irrespective to nationality.

Age pension is given to everybody, but not until the age of 65 and this limit is gardually increasing to

67 within a few years. The base pension, given to everybody is about dkr. 70.000 a year. Just now

new legislation is on the way in order to reduce the base pension to people with additional savings

jumping the 2,5 mil dkr line. The base pension can always be taken abroad, but as mentioned if outside

the EU and a handful of other contries, only the base pension no additional benefits as given if reciding

within EU.

This is in no way covering totally, but it is important to keep the 2 different kind of pensions apart to

avoid the waters to get too muddy.

Finally - isn't it a quite generous society, that provides people who choose not to bee part of said

society, with a state pension. I am looking forward to recieving a monthly payment for dooing nothing

but in return.

All the best

Rasmus

Makes perfect sense to me.

Pay someone Retired from working all his life and paying taxes, 13,000 if he is single.

Pay someone Retired from working all his life and paying taxes, 11,000, if he has an extra mouth to feed.

Pay some Refugee 13,000 if he is single, and an additional 11,000 if he has a wife, and 11,000 for each child he has, who never worked a day in his life in that country, paid 1 cent to taxes, and may never work with this high payment coming his way for free each month for not working,

When are our governments going to learn to look after our own first?

Tell me how they find about seniors living with a Thai Women

This is hard to believe

I agree. Even if they went by the number of people who applied to get married that doesn't mean they are living together. They shouldn't be able to share that information anyway, to the Tax Department in another country.

But in this Computer Age, the fastest thing we are all losing very quickly is the right t privacy, and personal information about ourselves.

Good afternoon

Now this topic has been running for quite some time.

The article, or whatever you like to call it, refers to people on pre-pensions, granted to people

suffering from some kind of dissability of either mentally or physically caracter. Age does not

mean anything. This pension is as mentioned max kr. 13.000 a month and reduced when sharing

household with another person irrespective to nationality.

Age pension is given to everybody, but not until the age of 65 and this limit is gardually increasing to

67 within a few years. The base pension, given to everybody is about dkr. 70.000 a year. Just now

new legislation is on the way in order to reduce the base pension to people with additional savings

jumping the 2,5 mil dkr line. The base pension can always be taken abroad, but as mentioned if outside

the EU and a handful of other contries, only the base pension no additional benefits as given if reciding

within EU.

This is in no way covering totally, but it is important to keep the 2 different kind of pensions apart to

avoid the waters to get too muddy.

Finally - isn't it a quite generous society, that provides people who choose not to bee part of said

society, with a state pension. I am looking forward to recieving a monthly payment for dooing nothing

but in return.

All the best

Rasmus

Good morning, Rasmus,

Thanks for the info., which is helpful, in some ways. We both turned 65 this year, so we have started receiving Canada pensions.

I would be grateful if you can advise a little bit more about the Danish rules:

If we retire to Thailand, is my wife eligible to receive a pension based on her Danish work history and contributions to the govt., pension plan?

Finally - we've had heated conversations with family about the same opinion you hold - that there is something " special" about Denmark paying pension to anyone who has emigrated.

They say, why should you get a pension if you have abandoned Denmark, to live elsewhere - and they mean anywhere outside of Denmark.

Canada is a lot more socially conscious about fulfilling its obligations to those who have contributed to the pension plan, wherever they choose to live. Why do some Danes get their knickers in a knot. ?

A single Danish senior in Thailand receives 13.000 Danish kroner before tax, but if he is living together with a Thai woman he will only receive 11.000 Danish kroner.

This sounds like it is specific to those cohabiting with Thais. If he is living with a Cambodian women does the same apply? It appears this is a translation so I guess the English is not perfect.

What is very clear is that this is a ridiculous and mean law. So you live with another - how does that effect your personal financial status?

Many, (like me) assume the Scandinavian countries are good at looking after citizens, but these punitive 'punishments' show they are just as hypercritical and petty as the rest...

Many think that a couple can live together more cheaply than two lone single people.

Also, maybe this law wasn't framed with expatriates in mind.

In the UK, if a couple is married, they get more favourably treated for income tax.

Well, should two retired Danish were to be living together as a couple, the amount paid out would be 22,000...
u

I don't think that's quite right. If this is a pension based on disability, the only way a Danish couple would get 22,000 dk. would be if they were both disabled. If you are a disabled Dane, you receive amazing treatment and facilities in Denmark. We visited one nursing/ hospice center. Hugely impressed with their social system. Wonder what do they do with those immigrants who want to leach of the system?

I did not think that Denmark paid pensions to Danes who gave left the country, unless there is an international tax/pensions/social benefits treaty, between the 2 countries. For example my wife is Danish and we live in Canada. So she gets her pension. When we inquired about moving to live in Thailand, she was told her pension would stop., because Denmark and . Thailand do not have a tax treaty. Any Danes, can you enlighten us on this? Canada is pretty cold and wet right now.

There are many rules about taking the danish old age pension abroad. You can read about it on www.borger.dk I guess your wife can read danish

It also depends on how long you have lived in Denmark after 15 year of age, max pension first after 40 years

What country you live in and many more