Toyota Fortuners...

Just came back from a 1400 km drive through Thailand and the ( almost) only but real crazy drivers has been the ones who drove the above mentioned type of car...

Don't know if Thais or foreigners were driving but there seems to be a connection between driving a Fortuners and being retarded....

Anybody else experienced similar?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Notice it more in Chevrolet drivers.....they must be qualifying about anything with a pulse or first time drivers to move the product → just stupid driving....

Some Fortuner drivers are more brazzen and there's a lot of those cars on the road......

It seems that Toyota may have inadvertently recognized the driver attitude you speak of with their slogan for the new model:

New legend of the pride

I still can't work out if they meant:

Be a legend [in your own mind], and rule the pride [of lions in the concrete jungle]

or:

The new legendary way to be proud on the road.

I'm going with the former tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

Personally I have never noticed that while driving my Fortuner.tongue.png

Holy mackerel...yoouuuuu???

Yes, meeeeee…but I am a completely different person when I am driving my BMW.biggrin.png

Does the BM make you drive more or less crazy?

Luckily we just sold our Fortuner so am no longer at risk of the mysterious influence Futuners wield over drivers.

Still no prangs in 350,000 km so maybe the Fortuner magic is not as crazy as reported. whistling.gif

Fink I have more problems with the locals in there 20 year old Nissan car wreck, blacked out windows, bake bean tin exhaust pipe that has a 0-60 in about 10 minutes. Once they get the thing moving they dare not slow down cos the worn out auto box needs a lot of help. But seems these kind of rides can be the opposite too. Was behind one doing about 10 mph, it was slammed to the floor, the trendy guys fingers were nearly touching the road, looking cool showing he can steer the wreck with one hand..rolleyes.gif

I do love seeing them off at the stop light drags in my truck...gigglem.gif

Yes, Trans, driving too slow can be just as dangerous as driving too fast. Sometimes these very slow drivers have bad eyesight.

I have seen them sticking to the white line of the hard shoulder with their eyes screwed up against the windscreen.

"...only but real crazy drivers has been the ones who drove the above mentioned type of car..."

On my 1400 km trips the only crazy drivers I see are the ones that drive the same car as you do.

Did.

Don't be jealous, I sure there is a crazy driver somewhere driving the same car as you to.

Fink I have more problems with the locals in there 20 year old Nissan car wreck, blacked out windows, bake bean tin exhaust pipe that has a 0-60 in about 10 minutes. Once they get the thing moving they dare not slow down cos the worn out auto box needs a lot of help. But seems these kind of rides can be the opposite too. Was behind one doing about 10 mph, it was slammed to the floor, the trendy guys fingers were nearly touching the road, looking cool showing he can steer the wreck with one hand..rolleyes.gif

I do love seeing them off at the stop light drags in my truck...gigglem.gif

Yes, Trans, driving too slow can be just as dangerous as driving too fast. Sometimes these very slow drivers have bad eyesight.

I have seen them sticking to the white line of the hard shoulder with their eyes screwed up against the windscreen.

If it was dark, it was me.........laugh.png

No Trans, it was daylight, and the guy was handsome.

If someone tailgates you and they are Driving a Nissan March or a Honda Jazz, you don't notice as much, the bigger the vehicle the more you notice it especially if you're in a very small car.

I'm a Fortuner Driver, also have a Honda City, I notice the 4x4 pick ups and Fortuners when I'm driving the City, I don't notice them when I'm driving the Fortuner, I notice Bus's and Trucks instead, so the OP's answer is to get a bigger vehicle.

I was Driving back from the Airport couple of weeks back in the Fortuner, a Black Everest went past me like a bat out of hell, so at last we have a New Bad Kid on The Block to slag off, wasn't you was it IMHO 23rd October on the Motorway heading towards Pattaya ? whistling.gif

Everest Drivers think they own the road......

Edited by Broken Record

If someone tailgates you and they are Driving a Nissan March or a Honda Jazz, you don't notice as much, the bigger the vehicle the more you notice it especially if you're in a very small car.

I'm a Fortuner Driver, also have a Honda City, I notice the 4x4 pick ups and Fortuners when I'm driving the City, I don't notice them when I'm driving the Fortuner, I notice Bus's and Trucks instead, so the OP's answer is to get a bigger vehicle.

I was Driving back from the Airport couple of weeks back in the Fortuner, a Black Everest went past me like a bat out of hell, so at last we have a New Bad Kid on The Block to slag off, wasn't you was it IMHO 23rd October on the Motorway heading towards Pattaya ? whistling.gif

Everest Drivers think they own the road......

Not mine, no - no-one I know ever goes to Pattaya. Around the 23rd mine was somewhere around Chiang Rai, with a 140KM/hr speed limiter enabled via MyKey ;)

Edited by IMHO

Yes they are all nutters. If i ever get cut up or pushed out of the way i know it's a Fortuner driver. They think because they drive a tank they don't need to consider other road users.

Exactly what I mean...except the part that they( think) to drive a Tank....

This is a tankpost-160354-0-51173600-1446629361_thumb. the vehicle of my choice ( if I could choose)here...just the missus don't give me enough money for the patrol...but seems to be legal according to the driving license test....

Good point.

No free lunch for trucks either. Cars tailgating is not a worry but cars overtaking in stupid places and cutting in too close does get annoying.

Wrong wrong wrong, OP, are you saying that after 1400 ks you never approached a truck driver that suddenly changed lanes just as you are about to pass or overtake and you have have to hit the brakes hard because the lane beside you is occupied.

Sometimes i think these guys see you coming and cant decide till the last second if they can make the exit after you pass then just go for it.

I have only problems with minivans those who trying to overtake you through your own car.

And normally I am really fast but sometimes the GPS is not working anymore and I need to slow down to find out where to drive, then I really notice that just everybody is trying to overtake through me not just Fortuners.

It seems that Toyota may have inadvertently recognized the driver attitude you speak of with their slogan for the new model:

New legend of the pride

Be a legend [in your own mind], and rule the pride [of lions in the concrete jungle]

or:

For some reason, "the pride" reminds me of the gay pride movement...

New legend of the pride

or:

their slogan made no sense from the beginning crazy.gif

New legend of the pride

or:

their slogan made no sense from the beginning crazy.gif

And someone got paid for thinking that one up facepalm.gif .

I can't imagine President of TMT Tanada actually agreed to that slogan.

Knowing Toyota, they probably paid Delphys, Dentsu or ADK, around 2,000,000 THB for the slogan and a 10% royalty fee....

Btw slogan of the "new" Innova is the legend reborn. Since when was the Innova a legend?