EPL TV Rights thailand 2016-19 Bein Sports

jjp

So has anyone actually been and got the prices ? Unfortunately I'm flooded in at the moment, or I'd go myself, if only for the comedic value, as I watch the staff turn even whiter, trying to look as though they know what they are doing. biggrin.png

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For existing customers its 299 a month extra for bein 1-4, the other channels they putting footy on is true hd 2,3,4 I was on gold package 1568 baht so I pay 299 on top inc tax a month so whatever package you have you pay 299 extra a month, just check that you true HD 2,3,4 hope this helps everyone

So: I have a Platinum package with "a la carte" for BBC entertainment.

Am I right in believing that I will have full access to all games??

I couldn't give a Fiddler's <deleted> about the cost, I just want access to a good EPL coverage.

Please excuse if I appear flippant about the cost thing ... I used to consider myself wealthy and then realised that the nearest I got to real wealth was standing next to "SantiSuk"smile.png

I couldn't give a Fiddler's <deleted> about the cost, I just want access to a good EPL coverage.

Please excuse if I appear flippant about the cost thing ... I used to consider myself wealthy and then realised that the nearest I got to real wealth was standing next to "SantiSuk"smile.png

Hi Patriot

I upgraded to Platinum from Gold today by phone and asked what I already knew .. for him to confirm I get all EPL included in the package. (2155 baht).

He confirmed. He said something about the Bein channels will appear on the 5th August but possibly he said 6th as I did not make notes.

Within minutes I had access to all the Platinum channels so no need to go to a True shop.

He warned I could not go back to Gold at my previous rate. Presumeably new Gold customers pay more than existing ones. That wont happen.

Have I been blabbing drunk again? Did I touch on my SAS career too?

I believe the True plug in and play digital box will give you access to all football leagues and cups they show for 399bhat! Does sound and amzing deal, but it is for footy only and no other sports I believe. I imagine most of the other channels available are only Thai.

I think I will stick with the cheaper option and get a stack of different sports and channels.thumbsup.gif

i have only the family sports package,setanta for all the rugby,there is not a lot on the rest,but i did watch beIn quite a bit boxing or serie A ect.

as i just renewed my package for 12months i wonder will i get a replacement for the BEIN channels i paid for.

seems like a touch of the GMZZ all over again.

I believe the True plug in and play digital box will give you access to all football leagues and cups they show for 399bhat! Does sound and amzing deal, but it is for footy only and no other sports I believe. I imagine most of the other channels available are only Thai.

I'll be amazed if that's the price. It would suit me though, I don't want any of the movie or "Entertainment" channels, they have way too many adverts for my liking ! My wife is under the impression that all satellite companies must show the basic Thai Channels 3, 7, etc for free, as it is a legal obligation - hope she's right, she'll be lost without her soaps ! :)

I'll be amazed if that's the price. It would suit me though, I don't want any of the movie or "Entertainment" channels, they have way too many adverts for my liking ! My wife is under the impression that all satellite companies must show the basic Thai Channels 3, 7, etc for free, as it is a legal obligation - hope she's right, she'll be lost without her soaps ! :)

I'm pretty sure your wife is correct. Ch3 etc soaps can also be watched through various internet programmes like 'Thai TV' App if you have decent connection (think this is the way my wife catches up on episodes she misses live).

I'll be amazed if that's the price. It would suit me though, I don't want any of the movie or "Entertainment" channels, they have way too many adverts for my liking ! My wife is under the impression that all satellite companies must show the basic Thai Channels 3, 7, etc for free, as it is a legal obligation - hope she's right, she'll be lost without her soaps ! smile.png

i would think the price of 399bht.must include a package as well. to show all the different sports and serie A and la liga this has got to be an ADD ON.

We finally got one of the cars out of our flooded road today, and went to our local TrueVision shop in town. We were told that we could rent the box, for 390 baht per month, and then get all of the Football they provide, for a further 399 Baht per month. (789 Baht total). They do not have any boxes in, though, they are expecting them late next week. We weren't given the option to buy the box. We have found previously that our local shop generally has different offers to everywhere else, (no idea why !), so please don't shoot the messenger, if this deal doesn't apply where you live ! The shop is quite often wrong, when they check up with head office, but we have been unable to get an answer to any phone calls we've made to Truevision's helplines, to confirm with them what we were told this morning.

Edited by MrMuddle

FYI BeIn had a right set to with the EPL a couple of years ago, because their cards could be purchased in the Middle East (where it cost about $100 a year) and used in any sat box wiht a dish pointed at HotBird.

Basically they were banned from showing loads of games and it took a long time to sort out.

Now they use a system that ties the card to the box and stops this happening.

Whether or not True are going to use this system I don't know.

Most smartcards these days are tied to the box especially in areas where fraudulent use in the case (Sky use this system too and I know True do the same). Purchase of cards in Europe over or under the counter is rife and a big problem for the

satellite and cable companies there, but True took it up with Sky when they changed their encryption system a few years back.

On the main front, yes you must purchase a digital box if you are not an existing subscriber to True and then its 399 baht per month for the footie only. If you have a True system with a package other than Platinum, its 299 per month, Platinum subscribers get all for free. Rental of a box is available, not sure of price, can buy box from Lazada.

Edited by nbm47

Hi Patriot

I upgraded to Platinum from Gold today by phone and asked what I already knew .. for him to confirm I get all EPL included in the package. (2155 baht).

He confirmed. He said something about the Bein channels will appear on the 5th August but possibly he said 6th as I did not make notes.

Within minutes I had access to all the Platinum channels so no need to go to a True shop.

He warned I could not go back to Gold at my previous rate. Presumeably new Gold customers pay more than existing ones. That wont happen.

I contacted the TRUE help line on thursday and requested I change from the Gold to Platinum.

This was done yesterday

Now that CTH are almost dead in the water, I nipped in to our local True Visions shop to order the Platinum package plus an extension to an adjacent bedroom. Pleasantly surprised to be told that, for the first three months, instead of costing about 2,500 baht, it would be 1296 baht, then from three months up to six months, the normal cost. We were then advised to come into the office after six months and repeat the process I.e first three months @1296 baht. The lads arrived today and put in the new dish etc. in under an hour. I coughed up the 2000 baht deposit which I get back if and when I change.

I have almost lost interest in this subject. CHT have gone bust. TrueVisions have bought back the EPL rights AT A COST TO YOU THE PUNTERS. what else do True Visions offer that is not available on any other supplier ? I would suggest Setanta .

have a look at Myanmar satellite SKYNET they have all football, they have the Rio Olympics as well as many other channels that True have .. It's a no brainer 

13 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Have a look at post 256 , page 11 of this topic, biker Bob - it explains there how much they are charging for the football, for each of Truevisions packages.
Sorry can't get the quote thing to work !

Thanks, just read it.  Seems like it is 299 with any True package. 

as my internet has been off 2days and is not &lt;deleted&gt; right now.

i will try and post this message from true which i have only seen on channel 566.in thai and english.

on the 6th august these packages,gold,super family sports and family sports will receive 1bein channel for free till the 30th.june 2017.

it will be on channel 679,whats on there will be anybody's guess.