Black box data shows explosion downed Russian plane say experts

Jonathan Fairfield

Egypt is quite capable of taking on ISIS in the Sinai and Russia has nothing to offer and nothing of value to provide Egypt in this matter.

Could they take over Sharm-el-Sheikh airport security? They'd have the motivation, and the biggest contingent of passengers would be Russian.

The big winner will be Thailand.

I can see the TAT folks salivating over this. Thailand is only 10-12 hours away for much of the EU and its 9 hours or so to Bangkok from Moscow (vs. 4 hours to Sharm el Sheihk). Thailand can be marketed as "safer" until such time as Thailand has a major loss due to its inadequate security and ongoing muslim based insurrection.

Their schadenfreude notwithstanding, I hope the thais will not piss away their advantage by assaulting tourists every single day…or they could all go to vietnam.

And now the Russians and Egyptians look like absolute fools for denying this and trying to deflect the cause.

The Russians are experts at denying the cause of downed civilian airliners, so I don't have much sympathy for them in this case; neither for the dead Russian passengers and crew as they support a government that sees the downing of civilian airliners as a legitimate exercise of state power.

What a dreadful comment from what appears to be a dreadful individual. I must tell my children not to support any Governments at the moment lest they are 'justifiably' blown out of the sky, or murdered at the age of 5 and 7 for their political support of a Government. It is terrifying that forums like this give people with your mentality a voice.

I don't have much sympathy for them in this case; neither for the dead Russian passengers and crew as they support a government that sees the downing of civilian airliners as a legitimate exercise of state power

Simply terrible!

Sometimes when you have nothing constructive to say it is just better to say nothing.

This is a game changer. Airline security isn't really good in Egypt. Heck, a lot of the world. Sad for all the innocent lives lost. What a mess, eh?

I especially feel sorry for the small business operators in Egypt. Life was bad before this. Sharm was the one bright spot...mainly due to Russian tourists.

On msn.uk yesterday. One British couple said a security guard told them they could bypass the baggage checks if they paid him 20 UK pounds.

That's nothing else than the typical Egyptian harrassment, betrayal, overcharging you experience as a tourist every time, everywhere in Egypt. (Indian tailors on beach road in Patong are nice, polite, trustable businessmen compared to them).

The security check is practically non existent, so no need to pay.

At least my experience from 5 years ago.

This is a game changer. Airline security isn't really good in Egypt. Heck, a lot of the world. Sad for all the innocent lives lost. What a mess, eh?

I especially feel sorry for the small business operators in Egypt. Life was bad before this. Sharm was the one bright spot...mainly due to Russian tourists.

On msn.uk yesterday. One British couple said a security guard told them they could bypass the baggage checks if they paid him 20 UK pounds.

That's nothing else than the typical Egyptian harrassment, betrayal, overcharging you experience as a tourist every time, everywhere in Egypt. (Indian tailors on beach road in Patong are nice, polite, trustable businessmen compared to them).

The security check is practically non existent, so no need to pay.

At least my experience from 5 years ago.

Almost anything can be had or done in Egypt for a bit a baksheesh. Unfortunately.