Lao Extends Visa On Arrival

sabaijai

Lao Extends Visa on Arrival

Lao PDR has introduced a 30-day extendable visa on arrival to replace the former 15-day visa. Most visitors enter at the Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge or at the airports at Vientiane or Luang Prabang. Sixty percent of visitors are Thai. Visa fees remain US$30. Thai nationals pay US$15.

Source: Mekong Tourism Organisation

Lao Extends Visa on Arrival

Lao PDR has introduced a 30-day extendable visa on arrival to replace the former 15-day visa. Most visitors enter at the Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge or at the airports at Vientiane or Luang Prabang. Sixty percent of visitors are Thai. Visa fees remain US$30. Thai nationals pay US$15.

Source: Mekong Tourism Organisation

No, that is not correct. Certainly about the fees. It is now $35. I just paid that on October 3. I didn't see any notice about it being for 30 days rather than 15 days, but didn't ask or really pay any attention. My visa stamp is identical to my last Laos visa I received, but can't see anyplace where it says how many days it's good for. The visa type is B-3. Perhaps this new visa wasn't ready on October 3, but is now or will be shortly. Also there was a list of fees, and one visa was $42, but I didn't get a chance to look at the fee list long enough to see if maybe that was this new visa they're talking about.