Place to hang out for thirty year olds?

TheFox

I tip 10%, but if they bring me one beer that isn't cold or charge me for ice; it becomes zero. Nothing is automatic here. It also pays to support a handful of different places, as nothing lasts forever, either, including promos and even the entire business. I had already become a customer of three bars around Nimman, before MM and LK turned to shiite.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Age is relative. I know a few 30 something Thai gals that enjoy hanging out with us 60 year olds...until they go back to their 25 year old Thai B/F who treat them like yesterday's garbage. Not my problem.

Age is relative. I know a few 30 something Thai gals that enjoy hanging out with us 60 year olds...until they go back to their 25 year old Thai B/F who treat them like yesterday's garbage. Not my problem.

why don't they just stay out then or not go back?

Thanks LivinLOS, that was constructive and interesting. We indeed have had enough of Zoe and Spicy and looking for something less backpackery.

riverside bars are the next step up in age and class. more wine, less "buckets".

there's not too many other places to go over 30 other then more upscale karaoke type stuff.

it becomes harder to find middle aged singles also i may add.

Where does one go to find singles in their twentys? Slightly off topic I know but maybe still a good place for 30 somethings to hange out ;-)

A friend is coming over soon, he cant speak thai though!

Wondering where to go, he is a 30 something btw. Please dont say yellow or spicy! I am sure someone will though....

Slightly off-topic, but please don't tip guys. We all know what happened in the States and its awful. It's the last thing we should want here in Chiang Mai.

- Wait staff paid below minimum wage. (unethical)

- Wait staff in some instances being paid twice as much as the head chef. (unfair)

- Wait staff will drop you as soon as a known big tipper comes through the door (annoying)

- You'll be chased into the car park when you haven't tipped enough, even after bad service (rude)

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/15/the-end-of-tipping-in-new-york-top-restaurant-group-bans-gratuities

Restaurants should pay their staff a fair wage and make up for it through the prices of their food/drink.

I don't see why anyone of any age and with a cultured taste couldn't share floor space with people of different ages. That's a strange concept for westerners. ... but not for Asians

The thing is....Asians don't think much of western ideals per se because they are not cross generationally oriented and someone gets left out

Family and community first - then self

I don't see why anyone of any age and with a cultured taste couldn't share floor space with people of different ages. That's a strange concept for westerners. ... but not for Asians

The thing is....Asians don't think much of western ideals per se because they are not cross generationally oriented and someone gets left out

Stereotype much?

Stereotype much?

No not really! 2 word response seems a little sparse in intellectual skills. Go for it in detail!

Cube #7 is having a Beer Buffet on Friday night.

I think it's 790Baht. It's to promote their new range of 'My Beer Friend' beers which are yummy.

Is there a time limit, or other limits, on this beer buffet?

I certainly hope not!

All I know is that it starts at 6pm.

There is a notice in Thai on their Facebook page 'Cube No. 7'

Edited by JaseTheBass