Place to hang out for thirty year olds?

TheFox

It's not that we don't like fighting through a horde of 20 year olds in tank tops to get a drink but ... ok it kind of is.

Any place that has more of a 30 year old vibe, decent music and (and I know that's asking a lot), a dance floor?

Location not a problem as we have a car. (please don't say "Bangkok" ;) )

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, serious reply: I think for a relatively small sub-section / sub-culture of 'foreigners in Chiang Mai', there just isn't enough nightlife to allow segregating places into age groups, or by nationality, etc.

And that's probably a good thing.

So instead of focussing on age, focus on what appeals to you. For example places like Boy Blues Bar. But there may very well be 20 year olds as well as 60 year olds in there, all having a great time.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Not Bangkok but Pattaya is where its at .Can now fly directly there from C.M ,by- passing bkk ;-),with Kan Air ,and now AirAsia .

C.M is increasingly for old guys like myself who are in bed by midnight .

Edited by anto

You're only 30. Stop wishing your life away and go hang out with the other youngsters whilst you still can.

Anyone with a fat wallet can hang out with youngsters here. Quite why anyone would want to is another matter.

Have you seen the alternative?

Anyone with a fat wallet can hang out with youngsters here. Quite why anyone would want to is another matter.

Have you seen the alternative?

I suppose the alternative is not hanging out with them. This suits me fine.

In fact I dont want to hang out with any Thais of any age as we have no common ground for discussion. I expect they find me equally uninteresting.

North gate jazz.. Some of the niman wine or Craft Beer places (really like Em and Namton at Namtoms house bar.. Good live band in a small setting 2 weeks ago)..

Shame at Monkeys demise as that was ideal for the 'older than warm up' crowd who didnt want to Zoe or spicy it..

If the 'sexy serving girls' isnt something your trying to avoid.. Oxide has music often and is a nice snack and drink type setup. Bit brassy for females perhaps.

Club Cafe...Nimman soi 7....very good ambiance.....some foreigners, but it's not sweaty, at all. 3 Large Tigers for 200, 3 Large Heinekens for 290.

Parking in their lot, across the street.

foods a lot to be desired though,and 70bht for parking.and outside part always seems empty,and inside part head banging,though overall a friendly gang of lads serving on.

I didn't know they charged for parking...I usually don't drive to beer promos....I haven't had the food, but I'll take your word for it. Outside can be empty during the week, to full for a big EPL match. A number of places will be empty during the week. I still can't figure out why the bottle shop is so popular with so many westerners...for a nominal amount more you can get served and actually not have to use another business's restroom. In fact, Dayli, on soi 11, charges the same 55 for a large Leo and 60 for a singha, and you don't have to sit 1 meter from traffic....that's a younger crowd...but not sweaty trashpacker at all. Many of them look down on people/girls that go to Spicy, and I really won't hold that against them. I think they view Warm-up differently, but that, too seems to be the sweaty crowd.

The bottle shop sells proper unlike Dayli (I presume) and they don't take the P on pricing unlike Beer Lab.

Dayli has Carlsberg, but to pay 50 thb more for german beer (per bottle) at the bottle shop, than I pay in the US, to sit on plastic stools by a congested street begs the question, why come to Thailand to begin with? Tiger and Heineken are good enough, without getting reamed by the Excise Department.

Am at Club on niman 7 now. Place is nice, good food and crowd. Parking super convenient and I don't mind THB70 for an unscratched car. The music though ... gonna fall asleep any second now. Good suggestion though.

Do a few nightcaps at Dayli, with One Zero Acoustic Band, 55 thb Leos...not sure about the live music in Tuesdays...10 minute walk, if you want to leave your car where it is....

The bottle shop sells proper unlike Dayli (I presume) and they don't take the P on pricing unlike Beer Lab.

Dayli has Carlsberg, but to pay 50 thb more for german beer (per bottle) at the bottle shop, than I pay in the US, to sit on plastic stools by a congested street begs the question, why come to Thailand to begin with? Tiger and Heineken are good enough, without getting reamed by the Excise Department.

Just because I live in Thailand doesn't mean I have to lower my tastes. Local beer is cack at best and the UK beers will usually cost more in the UK than in the Bottle Shop.