Finnish Tourist caught-up in unpaid bill dispute at Pattaya Beer Bar

webfact

Finnish Tourist caught-up in unpaid bill dispute at Pattaya Beer Bar

finland-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- A 53 year old tourist from Finland was caught-up in a situation outside of a Beer Bar in Soi 8 off Pattaya Beach Road late on Monday Night which saw him struck over the head with a shoe belonging to a Ladyboy.

The incident began at the King Beer Bar which is located at the end of the street where it meets Pattaya Beach Road. It was alleged that Mr. Jouko Juhani Salminen had left the bar without paying a bill of 79 Baht for one bottle of Beer.

A Ladyboy, named as Khun Noy aged 34, was purchasing food near the bar and was suddenly confronted by a female worker from the Bar who demanded he pay the 79 Baht bill. She assumed Khun Noy had accompanied Mr. Salminen to the bar and was therefore responsible for the unpaid bill. Khun Noy claimed he did not know the Finnish man and entered into a fight with the bar worker.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219055/finnish-tourist-caught-up-in-unpaid-bill-dispute-at-pattaya-beer-bar/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-11

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I assume happened;

Finn and Ladyboy had a beer.

Finn pays for his and leaves

LB assumes Finn paid for her Bt79 beer and leaves

Bar staff confront LB; fight ensues

Motorcycle taxis break up fight (notice in one pic a mototaxi is being questioned as a witness probably)

LB and bar staff hunt down Finn together after realizing they are both Thai and he is not

3-way fight; Finn takes a heel to the dome

Police arrive

The lady boy by his own admission had no business in getting involved, and definitely should be punished. The damage inflicted by him with a high heel shoe is horrendous, and all for 79 baht.

There seem to be more and more incidents like this recently. Thailand is becoming less attractive by the day.

Edited by NeilSA1

The lady boy by his own admission had no business in getting involved, and definitely should be punished. The damage inflicted by him with a high heel shoe is horrendous, and all for 79 baht.

There seem to be more and more incidents like this recently. Thailand is becoming less attractive by the day.

That's some pair of CFM's that katoey had, talk about lethal weapons!

What is it with the heels?

Seem to read about more and more tourists getting whacked on the noggin with a heel down Pattaya way... Or maybe those are the stories that stay in memory.

Yes high heels are popular weapons of choice for LB's for 3 reason:

Many uses size +10 so they are quite big and heavy, they are always handy and not illegal to wear.

Maybe start using a hat or cap is a good idea when downtown Pattaya and it will also give you some shade since the big trees are now cut down on BR.

Here's my version: A farang was stupid enough to be hanging around that place - any similar place.

Isn't it odd how I've never been attacked while having dinner with my single, nice, female Thai school teacher friend?

Here's my version: An arrogant ladyboy wanted attention, and the Finn declined - got bashed in the head with a high heeled shoe.

Isn't it odd how I've never been attacked while having dinner with my married, nice, farang wife?

Here's what I assume happened;

Finn and Ladyboy had a beer.

Finn pays for his and leaves

LB assumes Finn paid for her Bt79 beer and leaves

Bar staff confront LB; fight ensues

Motorcycle taxis break up fight (notice in one pic a mototaxi is being questioned as a witness probably)

LB and bar staff hunt down Finn together after realizing they are both Thai and he is not

3-way fight; Finn takes a heel to the dome

Police arrive

His beer, a lady boy is a guy wai2.gif

Edited by onemorechang

Bottom line: As despicable as the stabbing was, it doesn't affect me directly. Being knocked on the head by a spiked heel for a perceived slight, could affect me very directly.

When tourists read about these attacks on foreigners, and take proper precautions based on the information (no matter how low brow that information), it's a win. And when we're in tourist areas, we're all tourists- no matter how long we've lived here.

The more ridiculous the argument, the more it's ingrained in my memory.

Foreign men are always going to be targets for ladyboys and greedy bargirls in Thailand expecially the old goats.

Most of these guys are so vague & senile they cant tell the difference.

When you look at all these pics from Pattaya its funny how everyone is so ugly. Cops,bar hookers,Ladyboys and of course farangs. Not exactly Venice beach or French Riviera is it? lol

Edited by jalansanitwong

The last reported incident that i read about a ladyboy that split a tourists head open with a high heel, was released the same day! So i guess in this case he thought well nothing will happen if i split this cheap charlies head open! The authorities must and should make an example of these people in order to deter such behavior!

Here's my version: A farang was stupid enough to be hanging around that place - any similar place.

Isn't it odd how I've never been attacked while having dinner with my single, nice, female Thai school teacher friend?

OK so you have a dull life------coffee1.gif

The politics of this don't interest me, neither does the prevalence of ladyboy attacks on male tourists,

Where I would like to be a "fly on the wall" is when this guy gets home and meets up with his family and mates!

No matter how innocuous, whether he even had as much as a conversation with the ladyboy won't matter, the nods and winks will still be there...