Navy denies taking Phuket beach bribes

webfact

Navy denies taking Phuket beach bribes
Phuket Gazette

na.jpeg
V/Admin Sayan Prasongsamrej explained that those using the name of the Navy to extort Phuket beach vendors would be caught and prosecuted. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: -- The Navy denied yesterday that officers had taken bribes to secure jobs for Phuket beach vendors.

“We received a complaint that someone was using our name to extort money from the island’s beach vendors,” said Sayan Prasongsamrej, commander of the Royal Thai Navy Third Area Command. “We will track down whoever is falsely presenting themselves as a member of the Navy and take legal action against them.”

Vice Admiral Sayan explained that the Navy had been working closely with police, local government bodies and provincial government bodies to ensure that the rules put forward for regulating the island’s beaches are fair for all vendors.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Navy-denies-taking-Phuket-beach-bribes/62342?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-11-13

This would be the same section of the navy that sued the owner and reporter from Phuket Wan for quoting part of an award winning article by Reuters on people smuggling (which apparently doesn't happen in southern Thailand).

I think there is a credibility gap here.

Wow. I don't know about you. But if I want to remove a tumer or cancer. I do not go to the host. He is 100% guilty simply because he inform the local police he should have been aware were corrupt. Call the GodFather. I think Prayat days are numbered. The extortion clinic is tooooooooo strong. He will eventually open his legs and say, chocolate please.

You would think that if they were doing their clean up job all kosher-like, that the beach chair, umbrella and business encroachment onto beaches would have been all done & dusted by now. But it isn't. What other options are there to explain the lack of success in cleaning up the corruption on Phuket beaches??

Headline should read Scammers scammed!

post-209291-0-24341500-1447422433_thumb.

Beach vendors being scammed – just priceless!

Meanwhile, the Admiral said the Navy has been working with regional governments and police, to ensure rules for regulating beaches are fair for vendors. No mention of fairness for tourists and other unsuspecting beach goers?