The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

I have no idea what visa you have (but it is not a multiple entry tourist visa which allows 60-day stays on each visit) and it is also not clear to me whether you have a work permit. Generally available multiple entry Thai visas do not provide 30-day permissions to stay. The Non B visa usually used for business purposes allows 90-day stays. Are you, perhaps, a national of a neighbouring country with some kind of special work visa only available to such nationals? If you post a scan of your visa (masking individually identifiable information) we might be in a better position to figure out your visa and work permit status, and provide guidance.

Yes jacko got it right. 

I am legally allowed to stay up to 30 days under the visa exemption rule, and no work permit. 

My question was more regarding the behaviour of the immigration dept, and whether it would be better for me not to exceed 15 days at a time to avoid being marked. 

1 minute ago, Aesk said:

My question was more regarding the behaviour of the immigration dept, and whether it would be better for me not to exceed 15 days at a time to avoid being marked.

Ignoring the working without a permit aspect.......

I do not know why staying for 29 days would be any worse than 15 days.... bouncing out and straight back into the country might get their attention. 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Ignoring the working without a permit aspect.......

I do not know why staying for 29 days would be any worse than 15 days.... bouncing out and straight back into the country might get their attention. 

Tbh I just drop by the construction site a few times a week to check on the progress. I probably spend less than an hour a day there, rest of the time I'm out getting massages or exploring. 

That was told to me by a friend who has been frequently in and out of Thailand the past year so. Just wanted to see if anyone has experience here 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ashaz said:

Will they accept my UK insurance like they did, but only just, last November, or will they just give me a 30 day tourist "visa" (if only...) or will they refuse entry altogether?

Most likely they will just give you a visa exempt entry (assuming you have an onward flight booking within 30 days). Given your travel history, it would be extremely harsh if they denied you entry altogether.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Most likely they will just give you a visa exempt entry (assuming you have an onward flight booking within 30 days). Given your travel history, it would be extremely harsh if they denied you entry altogether.

That would do me fine, and I'd request it if it was possible, to eliminate the travelling around reporting as well as the extra health insurance nonsense.

A newbie question:

if you get denied entry at an airport will they force you to buy a ticket to your country or can you choose?

In Hua Hin airport, they can only send you back to KUL as thats the only intl flight they have. Is it possible they would transport you to a bigger airport to send you packing?

Hello ThaiVisa!

I'm planning to get the 6-month, 60-day per stay METV in September and have the flight to TH a few days later. I plan to stay in TH for 8/9 months with that and I want to make sure that it's possible and hassle-free with this visa type.

The questions I have are as follows:

1. Do I need a confirmation of a ticket out of Thailand for my first arrival at the Bangkok airport?

2. Will I need a confirmation of a ticket out of Thailand for every border run I do every 2 months? Does it have to be a flight ticket as well?

3. Are the land border runs a safe option with METV? What's the risk of being denied entry? I will be staying in Pattaya.

Thanks so much for the response and have a great evening ahead!

42 minutes ago, givogz9 said:

A newbie question:

if you get denied entry at an airport will they force you to buy a ticket to your country or can you choose?

In Hua Hin airport, they can only send you back to KUL as thats the only intl flight they have. Is it possible they would transport you to a bigger airport to send you packing?

By international agreement, the only hard and fast rule is that the airline that brought you to Thailand is responsible for your removal. This is true whether you are able or willing to pay the costs of your removal (though the airline will, of course, attempt to get reimbursement). Commonly, you are returned to the last embarkation point before arrival in Thailand, assuming you are eligible for entry there. In principle, you can ask the airline to take you anywhere on their route map that will admit you, promising to defray any costs the airline incurs. Sometimes, they will want to force you back to your home country as they know there will be no problems on your arrival there. They want to get rid of you.

In the specific case of Hua Hin airport, it is extremely likely that you will be returned to Kuala Lumpur.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TIP1888 said:

Hello ThaiVisa!

I'm planning to get the 6-month, 60-day per stay METV in September and have the flight to TH a few days later. I plan to stay in TH for 8/9 months with that and I want to make sure that it's possible and hassle-free with this visa type.

The questions I have are as follows:

1. Do I need a confirmation of a ticket out of Thailand for my first arrival at the Bangkok airport?

2. Will I need a confirmation of a ticket out of Thailand for every border run I do every 2 months? Does it have to be a flight ticket as well?

3. Are the land border runs a safe option with METV? What's the risk of being denied entry? I will be staying in Pattaya.

Thanks so much for the response and have a great evening ahead!

1. Never asked me, i had about 5 METVs

2. No

3. Were risk free but from Pattaya, Ban Pakard has a new boss, so a low risk now, especially if it's your first METV.

Border run vans do the trip daily, you can ask them for the latest info when you get here. 2300 baht from Manaret in Soi Post Office 13\2

17 hours ago, Ashaz said:

MANY apologies if this has been covered here to the Nth degree but I can't see any alternatives and 215 pages is a few too many to go through.

It's about Immig and health insurance.

I have a great UK travel insurance plan, 10X the minimum immig requirements, for my multi O-A visa which I thought I was going to need 9 months ago but didn't and now only come 2 or 3 times a year for around 3 weeks each.

I got a quick quote from Pacific Cross. The cheapest one given on their immig plans didn't even cover the minimum requirements and the 2nd cheapest  was £750.

There is no way I am turning up at immig for a 3 week stay and having to hand over £750.

So what happens?

Will they accept my UK insurance like they did, but only just, last November, or will they just give me a 30 day tourist "visa" (if only...) or will they refuse entry altogether?

Why hijack the METV thread with a totally off-topic post about a retirement OA visa question? You do realise you can create a brand new topic and ask your question without a totally irrelevant off-topic post on this thread which has caused many other off-topic posts being created.

*ahem*
so uh lets say i don't have a job but have significant savings (that satisfy the +7k usd for 6 months of bank statements requirement). Can I just write a fake letter from my "manager"? I still have business cards with my name and the company on them that i could attach to the fake letter. 

..... ????

1 minute ago, FalangJaiDee said:

*ahem*
so uh lets say i don't have a job but have significant savings (that satisfy the +7k usd for 6 months of bank statements requirement). Can I just write a fake letter from my "manager"? I still have business cards with my name and the company on them that i could attach to the fake letter. 

..... ????

I'm not sure what happens if you are caught faking it, maybe blacklisted?

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm not sure what happens if you are caught faking it, maybe blacklisted?

Well i figure the worst that happens is the embassy denies the visa. If they give me the VISA, and I fly to Thailand, I doubt Thai immigration is going to try to call up my "employer" in the USA. Regardless, that's why I'm asking. 

Hey everyone,

Where is the best place to go for a METV lately ? Is someone's home country the best option ? I'm a citizen of Switzerland and I could apply at the Thai consulate in Switzerland but I can see on the list of requirements that a letter from my "employer" as to be provided ?

As a freelancer, I do not own my own company neither I'm employed directly by anyone. Is there any way to bypass this ? I meet all the other requirements without a problem.

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, RedReding said:

Hey everyone,

Where is the best place to go for a METV lately ? Is someone's home country the best option ? I'm a citizen of Switzerland and I could apply at the Thai consulate in Switzerland but I can see on the list of requirements that a letter from my "employer" as to be provided ?

As a freelancer, I do not own my own company neither I'm employed directly by anyone. Is there any way to bypass this ? I meet all the other requirements without a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, not for you then. Only available from your Swiss Thai consulate in your case

3 hours ago, RedReding said:

Hey everyone,

Where is the best place to go for a METV lately ? Is someone's home country the best option ?

The best and usually the only one. Might be possible if you are a resident of another country to apply there as well. Considering the reputation of ease of doing business I would expect Switzerland to have a pretty straightforward ways for registering yourself as a one man company, sole trader or something similar. That should suffice. My opinion is that they are more interested in that you have enough cash to sustain yourself for at least 6 months.

5 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

*ahem*

..... ????

Most - if not all - European banks would deny request of verify/check account balance, even if it's from an embassy. 

My friends made a totally fake work certificate, and it passed without a problem. Myself edited an old Flight ticket... 

Absolutely no guarantee for it to work in your embassy, I'm just sharing experiences. ????

If we're being rational, it makes little sense for the employees to scrutinize a temporary visa. Most likely they spend their energy and effort at "full time" visas, marriage related etc. Just my 2 cents. 

52 minutes ago, rabang said:

The best and usually the only one. Might be possible if you are a resident of another country to apply there as well. Considering the reputation of ease of doing business I would expect Switzerland to have a pretty straightforward ways for registering yourself as a one man company, sole trader or something similar. That should suffice. My opinion is that they are more interested in that you have enough cash to sustain yourself for at least 6 months.

Cool. Thanks a lot.

3 hours ago, RedReding said:

Sorry for the double post but got one more question:

Does the money in the bank needs to be in your home country or any bank in the world will work ? Is it fine if the money already is in Thailand ?

In principle, the money can be anywhere. However, money in your home country looks better. It is usually also easier to show the most recent few months of bank statements when the bank is local to where you are applying.

15 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Most - if not all - European banks would deny request of verify/check account balance, even if it's from an embassy. 

My friends made a totally fake work certificate, and it passed without a problem. Myself edited an old Flight ticket... 

Absolutely no guarantee for it to work in your embassy, I'm just sharing experiences. ????

If we're being rational, it makes little sense for the employees to scrutinize a temporary visa. Most likely they spend their energy and effort at "full time" visas, marriage related etc. Just my 2 cents. 

its worth the gamble IMO. I'll probably fly in from a neighboring country so if it gets denied i dont go all the way back to the US

On 2/5/2020 at 7:39 AM, bbi1 said:

Why hijack the METV thread with a totally off-topic post about a retirement OA visa question? You do realise you can create a brand new topic and ask your question without a totally irrelevant off-topic post on this thread which has caused many other off-topic posts being created.

This thread used to be about the METV but now it just seems to be a general thread where people ask any questions about coming to Thailand. So I'm unsubscribing as it's just a waste of time now.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dexxter said:

The METVs were not "back-to-back". Each was 3-4 months apart from the end of one to the start of another.

Actually checking the dates in my passport, change that to 1-4 months apart. One visa was cancelled because I applied for a new one before the old one expired. I usually had about a month remaining on all METVs before I returned to home country. Most visas were only used for 4-5 months each, not 6 months, nor with an entry just before the expiry data. No extensions either.

Edited by Dexxter