The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

so what is a confirmed hotel? A receipt showing payment? No way I would book a hotel and pay in advance. Too many times the famous pay for one type of room and get there and you get a different type of room, or the one next to the huge outside air conditioning fans or right above the noisy street or whatever. I live by the see the room first before paying rule

Some online booking sites let you print out a reservation then only pay if you turn up on the day, booking.com is one. There'll probably be a way to cheekily get round most of these requirements, if they're even enforced.

But wouldn't you prefer a visa you didn't have to "cheekily get around"

I was going to use booking.com for that reason, moderately priced accommodation ฿50,000 for each 28 days (can't book more than that), so 6 months ฿300,000 levied against your credit card.

Short stint in hospital, what could go wrong?

Guys but this rule: "Copies of your latest 6 months bank statements showing at least £5,000 throughout the entire 6 months." is only for United Kingdom or for all countries?

Different countries slightly different amounts but all roughly the same on the monitory requirements.

UK £5000

USA $7000

I think Euro zone €6000

Loas etc ฿200,000.

Oh my god. in Italy want 6000 Euro, here

http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/news/announce/detail.php?ID=313
almost 200.000 bath (around 5300 Euro). wacko.pngwacko.pngwacko.png

I'm here in Thailand now from this January 2015 and this monday my Visa expires. I would like to request this METV and i'm try to understand something about this rule.

If you want a METV you will have to apply in your own country.

• Like 2

so what is a confirmed hotel? A receipt showing payment? No way I would book a hotel and pay in advance. Too many times the famous pay for one type of room and get there and you get a different type of room, or the one next to the huge outside air conditioning fans or right above the noisy street or whatever. I live by the see the room first before paying rule

Some online booking sites let you print out a reservation then only pay if you turn up on the day, booking.com is one. There'll probably be a way to cheekily get round most of these requirements, if they're even enforced.

I was going to use booking.com for that reason, moderately priced accommodation ฿50,000 for each 28 days (can't book more than that), so 6 months ฿300,000 levied against your credit card.

hehe. Yep. Exactamundo. What could go wrong with charges or actual costs or credit levied and usable balance reduced. I first went to Thailand exactly because it was stress free, no big advance travel needed. Quite happy to sort things out upon arrival. Plenty of places to visit and stay. This METV thing just doesn't fit. On m upcoming trip, I envision a nominal 30 day visa exempt upon arrival, then a 30 day bought extension, then a border trip to Cambodia to get a single tourist visa. That will more than cover my planned time, and with one re-entry permit bought if I go in and out one more time.

• Like 1

hehe. Yep. Exactamundo. What could go wrong with charges or actual costs or credit levied and usable balance reduced. I first went to Thailand exactly because it was stress free, no big advance travel needed. Quite happy to sort things out upon arrival. Plenty of places to visit and stay. This METV thing just doesn't fit. On m upcoming trip, I envision a nominal 30 day visa exempt upon arrival, then a 30 day bought extension, then a border trip to Cambodia to get a single tourist visa. That will more than cover my planned time, and with one re-entry permit bought if I go in and out one more time.

If arriving on a visa exempt what will you have to show onward travel if requested by the airline?

Wouldn't it be better to arrive on a SETV then visa exempt after that? Seems less of a headache.

I'm here in Thailand now from this January 2015 and this monday my Visa expires. I would like to request this METV and i'm try to understand something about this rule.

omg ok!! Bad news ^^ About TR 1 Single Entry, can i request on Embassy of Laos or i have to come back on my country?

omg ok!! Bad news ^^ About TR 1 Single Entry, can i request on Embassy of Laos or i have to come back on my country?

As everyone is in bed.

SETV (TR 1 Single Entry) not effected or changed by the new METV requirements.

You can still go to Laos for this .

• Like 1

One reason maybe that the MFA eliminated the double and triple entry tourist visas is that they realized full well that there were too many readily available cheeky get-arounds.

As everyone is in bed.

Ok thanks. Same things for Embassy of Singapore or only in Laos? i never been to Singapore and i would like to go for visit and new visa (maybe?)

Edited by Kabino

One reason maybe that the MFA eliminated the double and triple entry tourist visas is that they realized full well that there were too many readily available cheeky get-arounds.

There were no cheeky get-arounds needed for the double or triple.

Name, address & where going etc.

There will be more cheeky get arounds for the METV I bet.

For 1, I could supply a letter of employment to any1...etc etc

• Like 1

As everyone is in bed.

Ok thanks. Same things for Embassy of Singapore or only in Laos? i never been to Singapore and i would like to go for visit and new visa (maybe?)

Same everywhere as before.

But I've never been to Singapore myself for a visa so someone else could tell you if that is advisable or not.

Edit: Again I have had to fix a quote with more than 4 quotes. Instead of making it completely broken snip the excess quotes. I will start deleting them instead of fixing them.

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed quoting error by removing the excess and uneeded quotes only 4 are allowed
  • Like 2

There were no cheeky get-arounds needed for the double or triple.

Name, address & where going etc.

There will be more cheeky get arounds for the METV I bet.

For 1, I could supply a letter of employment to any1...etc etc

Nonetheless they are gone. Go figure.

• Like 1

The trouble with this thread is that 9 out of 10 posts are pure speculation. Makes it very hard to find any useful information.

Anything you can do about that moderators/admins? FB has several groups which currently have better METV coverage (because of tighter moderation).

Also difficult to find the info because this thread's so long. Are there no actual reports from people who've applied for the METV?

I think I'll be back in the US later this year, so I could apply for an METV then, but stuff like showing hotel reservations and a letter from an employer (!!) -- just wouldn't work for me.

• Like 1

The trouble with this thread is that 9 out of 10 posts are pure speculation and pointless bickering. Makes it very hard to find any useful information.

Anything you can do about that moderators/admins? FB has several groups which currently have better METV coverage (because of tighter moderation).

It is also because, if someone posts that the website of consulate ABC says it requires X for a METV, the discussion turns to how can you get a METV from consulate ABC without supplying X or how can one conjure a dummy version of X.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

As everyone is in bed.

I would skip Singapore.They have a reputation for being difficult and have denied accepting the application it you have just left here when you apply for the visa.

• Like 1

I will presume K. Mobile's friend/partner meets this standard -- from Thai embassy Singapore website:

Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa will only be granted to Singaporean nationals or Long-Term Pass Holder of Singapore.

He is Singaporean and I just signed the letter that he is employed in the company and emailed it back to him.

Good Morning. It's confirmed. Customers of a Visa-Run who drove Sunday to Vientiane got their METV Yesterday. With that i mean, Foreigners with no permanent resident in Laos.

I'm sure, soon someone will confirm this. I got this information from my Visa agent in Pattaya. Just 2 Minutes ago. I call this Good News.

What about the proof of funds? Did he have to show bank statements?

Edited by alexlm

Interesting... if so it would just go to show what's written on consulate websites is often incorrect.

If they want to post something on a website and then ignore it, that's up to them.

200,000 baht in a Thai Bank account -- gotta be some workaround for that.

Edited by JLCrab

Maybe a new line of business for those same folks who will 'arrange' for you to have 800K or 400K in a Thai bank account for extensions of stay. As for Vientiane, I haven't been there in 10 years but there are always reports that Vientiane will not do this but Savannakhet will, or Savannakhet won't but Vientiane will, so who's to say?