The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

So no one so far on this METV topic has contacted or traveled to Savannakhet?

Forgot to mention Thai Embassy in Vientiane said no METV in Savannaket as same rules as Vientiane.

OK. BTW --

One of my favorite lines ever on ThaiVisa was a guy saying to his wife "You look lovely tonight, dear" and she says "Oh yeah? Well what about last night?"

So now guys are going to maybe marry their long time girl friends saying: "I'm going have visa problems so let's get married" and she says "Oh Yeah? Well why didn't you want to get married before you had visa problems?"

• Like 2

You need a work permit or a 12 month visa. I was told this last week when I tried to open a second account at another bank. However she said I could open an account if I bought a 30,000bht life insurance policy ROFL...scam artist

Banks in Thailand are like Thai consulates. Each branch applies its own rules (though there are some guidelines that will often be followed) and varies in degrees of friendliness. If one bank does not give you what you want, shop around.

Me and you know that but most tourists if they try to open an account and are told they cant will simply give up. I was rejected by 3 banks before I got one and in Bangkok its always going to be harder

Well, I tried as well last week and was rejected, including at BKK main branch on Silom

If anyone knows of a particular bank in bkk, I'm all ears.

The banks started working to rule after the Junta took over last year. I was able to open an account (SCB) in May last year, even though I didn't have a WP, with only a letter from my school. A couple of months later, 2 teachers tried but were refused.

Last week I managed to open another one, with just the letter from my new school & was successful. I was refused at first but then informed them that the school has an account at that particular branch... smile.png

• Like 1

I do not consider it unreasonable that a country should establish a visa policy where a visa applicant gets some preferential treatment when applying for a visa in their home country rather than to apply at the embassy/consulate in a third country.

Not really as I see it. All of the embassies and consulates come under a single parent. The rules and procedures should be roughly the same at all.

I seems like an undue hardship for people living farther away geographically from Thailand than others. Koreans, for example, fly 10 hours and are back with their METV in a few days. Americans will spend a minimum of 40 hours on a plane with a huge difference in cost. Obviously I am referring to under 50 Non-O ineligible long stayers. Having a home country closer to Thailand is the only preferential treatment I see.

• Like 1

I thought only POs were accepted in consulates?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_order

n the UK anyway.

When the consulates in the UK could accept mail in applications some were accepting credit/debut cards (Hull did).

The Houston consulate wants money orders but they do not have to be one from the post office. In the US you can get a money order from many sources including a 7/11 for example.

Not quite what I mean mate. Went from Debit card I used for years to PO only. It there now no postal applications at all in the UK for a TV unless from London?

Places like Hull were once very good and quite easy going.

Seems the powers that be don't like it, plus the dealing with cards etc is too much work, so they simply stopped it.

I do not consider it unreasonable that a country should establish a visa policy where a visa applicant gets some preferential treatment when applying for a visa in their home country rather than to apply at the embassy/consulate in a third country.

Not really as I see it. All of the embassies and consulates come under a single parent. The rules and procedures should be roughly the same at all.

I seems like an undue hardship for people living farther away geographically from Thailand than others. Koreans, for example, fly 10 hours and are back with their METV in a few days. Americans will spend a minimum of 40 hours on a plane with a huge difference in cost. Obviously I am referring to under 50 Non-O ineligible long stayers. Having a home country closer to Thailand is the only preferential treatment I see.

From the above: The rules and procedures should be roughly the same at all. So you are saying maybe that a Thai consulate in US should not treat Americans applying for visa any differently from non-Americans in US applying for the same visa and have the same requirements for all? Or that the Thai Embassy in Vientiane should not have a different procedures for a Lao citizen applying for a Thai visa than a non-Lao citizen applying for the same?

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

They simply seem to want visitors to" VISIT" not to live here on reentry permits as some have for many years.As in most countries,bring money,spend it ,GO HOME until next time.. By,"Yall come back next year.OK?"

Yes, thats the same think almost every country is hoping for, but due to the lax rules in Thailand a lot of people have made the rule, if I have a tourist visa I can stay forever in this country.

This days are gone.

hardly any other country would allow a stay of more than six months. You can't just go to any country you like and stay as long as you like. So why should Thailand have to be any different.? you have to accept that the new visa regulations are the norm in most countries, and you should not complain.

When comparing, best to compare to comparable comparators (as my grandmother used to say)

Comparisons of Thailand's visa and immigration policies to Malaysia, Cambodia, Philippines, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar are interesting and educational.

Comparisons to wealthy social-democratic western countries - bit pointless.

• Like 2

I have just arrived on a METV from UK, cost £75, no questions asked about bank balance or anything else, in and out in 5 minutes.

Did they also give you a discount.

The METV is £125. I think your on a triple tourist visa. Now extinct as of the 13th of November.

What date did you get it?

I have just arrived on a METV from UK, cost £75, no questions asked about bank balance or anything else, in and out in 5 minutes.

It seems you got a 3 entry tourist visa that is not a multiple entry visa. It cost you 25 pounds per entry.

The METV costs 125 pounds. From:: http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/76

2. Tourist (3 months validity/Up to 60 days/Single) 25

3. Tourist (6 months validity/Up to 60 days/Multiple Entries) 125

<deleted>

u got a triple entry

I think that award goes to reports of obtaining one in Laos.

Not the first false start, don't worry about it.

Maybe someone will obtain one, maybe.

Forgot to mention Thai Embassy in Vientiane said no METV in Savannaket as same rules as Vientiane.

OK. BTW --

One of my favorite lines ever on ThaiVisa was a guy saying to his wife "You look lovely tonight, dear" and she says "Oh yeah? Well what about last night?"

So now guys are going to maybe marry their long time girl friends saying: "I'm going have visa problems so let's get married" and she says "Oh Yeah? Well why didn't you want to get married before you had visa problems?"

Jesus, don't be so bitter!

Not everyone thinks marriage is this big important thing. I know I certainly don't.

You ever thought when the 'farang' says to his Thai missus that he might have to leave because he can't stay any longer that 'she' might have said "well, lets get married!" Wonder how many 'farangs' wives got married 'for love'?

Too many sanctimonious w****** on this site who think they are special and only they should be afforded the right to stay here. "Marry for love only" was posted before.

People are going to start getting married in order to get a visa. This is a fact. Get used to it.

OK. BTW --

Not everyone thinks marriage is this big important thing. I know I certainly don't.

You ever thought when the 'farang' says to his Thai missus that he might have to leave because he can't stay any longer that 'she' might have said "well, lets get married!" Wonder how many 'farangs' wives got married 'for love'?

Too many sanctimonious w****** on this site who think they are special and only they should be afforded the right to stay here. "Marry for love only" was posted before.

People are going to start getting married in order to get a visa. This is a fact. Get used to it.

Did your girlfriend turn you down???

OK. BTW --

From the above: You ever thought when the 'farang' says to his Thai missus that he might have to leave because he can't stay any longer that 'she' might have said "well, lets get married!"

No.

Did your girlfriend turn you down???

Pithy. You sir, are wasted on here.

From the above: You ever thought when the 'farang' says to his Thai missus that he might have to leave because he can't stay any longer that 'she' might have said "well, lets get married!"

ing: "I'm going have visa problems so let's get married" and she says "Oh Yeah? Well why didn't you want to get married before you had visa problems?"

No.

Good. It's none of our business. Like it.