The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

That was hardly a mystery. Everyone knew that Vientiane never asked for 20k (even though it was on their website)

I see the "20k not asked" argument again and again, but it's nothing special to Vientiane IMHO. I think that most Thai embassies & consulates (if not all) never asked for this proof of money. The real requirement - I think - is to have these 20k (or a card) when you enter in Thailand.

Never said it was specific to Vientiane.

I was called "delusional" "trying to clutch to fake hopes" when I was saying Vientiane announcement should not be taken to the letter.

So for the record : I told you so.

Ahhh it's good to be right.

How about you wait until this rumour is corroborated.

• Like 1

So with this METV once you have it!

You can stay for 6 months, enter and re enter as often as you like but must leave every 60 days?

Do we know if the 60 days can be extended by 30 days like old TV? Thus would make it similar to old multi 60 day TV albeit can only be obtained in home country.

Cheers

Who says you can stay only for 6 months? The visa is valid for 6 months so if you enter the 3rd time before the expiry & extend for 30 days at Chaeng Wattana after those 2 months are expiring, you will get about 9 months before needing to get a new visa. In essence it would be similar to the old 3 entry tourist visa which you could get hardly anywhere except a few lucky cities around the world.

What does ubonjoe think of bb1's point please? Could you effectively stay 9 months like the old triple entry visa?

Yes you can, just go out 1-2 days before and you will get another 60 days and you could extend it for another 30 days at 1900 Baht.

What does ubonjoe think of bb1's point please? Could you effectively stay 9 months like the old triple entry visa?

Yes you can, just go out 1-2 days before and you will get another 60 days and you could extend it for another 30 days at 1900 Baht.

Didnt the Visa expire 3 months after being issued, thus making only six months possible?

Didnt the Visa expire 3 months after being issued, thus making only six months possible?

Triple entry TR's were issued with a 6 month validity making nearly 9 months possible.

Edited by elviajero

Triple entry TR's were issued with a 6 month validity making nearly 9 months possible.

For completeness, this is the full quote, which includes ubonjoe's reply from post #25 at the bottom of page 1 of this thread:

So with this METV once you have it!

You can stay for 6 months, enter and re enter as often as you like but must leave every 60 days?

Do we know if the 60 days can be extended by 30 days like old TV? Thus would make it similar to old multi 60 day TV albeit can only be obtained in home country.

Cheers

Who says you can stay only for 6 months? The visa is valid for 6 months so if you enter the 3rd time before the expiry & extend for 30 days at Chaeng Wattana after those 2 months are expiring, you will get about 9 months before needing to get a new visa. In essence it would be similar to the old 3 entry tourist visa which you could get hardly anywhere except a few lucky cities around the world.

If you do an entry on or before the enter before date on the visa you will get another 60 day entry. So yes it is equal to having the old 3 entry tourist visa.

No one can bring actual info because consulate web sites are not always reflective of their day to day practice.

I wonder actually why we discuss Thai government websites when it just takes a minute to pick up a phone.

Because it takes about 367 phone calls and 325 emails and you never get a straight answer.

Thats the experience of many with Thai consulates.

• Like 2

No one can bring actual info because consulate web sites are not always reflective of their day to day practice.

I wonder actually why we discuss Thai government websites when it just takes a minute to pick up a phone.

Because it takes about 367 phone calls and 325 emails and you never get a straight answer.

"Because it takes about 367 phone calls and 325 emails "

Fact ? or Hyperbole ?

• Like 1

If the visa is valid for 6 months and you have to leave every 2 months, you can leave a few days before the visa expires and get another entry.

Its a multiply entry visa same as a None-B or O ME.

Just leave a few days before it finally expires and you got 60 more days.

"Because it takes about 367 phone calls and 325 emails "

Fact ? or Hyperbole ?

Maybe Kitsune would like to share her emails on ThaiVisa to the consulates. smile.png

My advise, be polite, understanding and talk to them with respect and they will give you the same treatment back as you are giving to them. Also have the facts ready for them and not ask if I can do this or that when researching about a visa. Say sorry when they are confused when you bombard them with to many questions. I managed a call center of 200 Thai operators in Thailand talking to Farangs, Japanese, Koreans, Arabs and Indians, so their is no difference for me talking to Thai's.

The magic 367 and 325. Will buy some lotteries next week as a monk told me last week, I will surely win 2 million Baht in lottery this year.

If I win I will sponsor Kitsune her visa and buy her anywhere she would like to travel a ticket in the world. Possible Sri Lanka ? cheesy.gif

Edited by MobileContent
  • Like 2

OK may be I exaggerate a tiny bit.

I have 19 emails and God knows how many phone calls with Indonesia over one single question,to which I never got a straight answer.

The guy was nice but I think he was scared to give me a pass and had probably been scammed many times before.

I must have asked the same question 45 times in different ways possible, and every time, the answer would be different, he would answer in an indirect manner not really addressing the issue. It was so frustrating and absurd, almost surreal and really exhausting.

I just took the gamble and went anyway at the end.

Also I already wrote to 5 consulates about METV only two bothered to answer, one sent me a letter showing they still offered 2&3 entries TR visas and went I wrote back asking, they never answered back.

In fact, it is sad to realize the only one I got a proper professional clear answer, with updated documents from, was VFS, ie not a consulate.

Good Morning. It's confirmed. Customers of a Visa-Run who drove Sunday to Vientiane got their METV Yesterday. With that i mean, Foreigners with no permanent resident in Laos.

I'm sure, soon someone will confirm this. I got this information from my Visa agent in Pattaya. Just 2 Minutes ago. I call this Good News.

What about the proof of funds?

Yes, this is important; They ask for 200 000 baht in a Thai Bank Account and Hotel Booking or Condo Rental Contract or something similar. So, take your updated Bankbook with you. That's all. My Visa Agent is quite stressed. Obviously plenty of people call to ask the same questions.

So why would a tourist, assuming they are a tourist since they are getting a ME Tourist Visa, have money in a Thai bank account? Complete nonsense.

Good Morning. It's confirmed. Customers of a Visa-Run who drove Sunday to Vientiane got their METV Yesterday. With that i mean, Foreigners with no permanent resident in Laos.

I'm sure, soon someone will confirm this. I got this information from my Visa agent in Pattaya. Just 2 Minutes ago. I call this Good News.

What about the proof of funds?

Yes, this is important; They ask for 200 000 baht in a Thai Bank Account and Hotel Booking or Condo Rental Contract or something similar. So, take your updated Bankbook with you. That's all. My Visa Agent is quite stressed. Obviously plenty of people call to ask the same questions.

So why would a tourist, assuming they are a tourist since they are getting a ME Tourist Visa, have money in a Thai bank account? Complete nonsense.

METV's are only obtainable in ones own country .

There is no requirement for a Thai bank account and an equivalent amount of cash held in a foreign bank is ALL that is needed.

Maybe your " Complete nonsense" remark is nonsense.

• Like 1

I don't think it's such a nonsense to open a bank account in Thailand

if you intend to be a "tourist" there for nearly 1 year...

(9 months METV + the time they already stay in Thailand before going to Vientiane)

• Like 1

A scanned copy of the visa would be confirmation. It would be great if you could persuade one of the "customers of a Visa-Run who drove Sunday to Vientiane got their METV" on 17 November 2015 to post this.

• Like 2

I don't think it's such a nonsense to open a bank account in Thailand

if you intend to be a "tourist" there for nearly 1 year...

(9 months METV + the time they already stay in Thailand before going to Vientiane)

You need a work permit or a 12 month visa. I was told this last week when I tried to open a second account at another bank. However she said I could open an account if I bought a 30,000bht life insurance policy ROFL...scam artist

• Like 1

You need a work permit or a 12 month visa. I was told this last week when I tried to open a second account at another bank. However she said I could open an account if I bought a 30,000bht life insurance policy ROFL...scam artist

Banks in Thailand are like Thai consulates. Each branch applies its own rules (though there are some guidelines that will often be followed) and varies in degrees of friendliness. If one bank does not give you what you want, shop around.

• Like 2

Banks in Thailand are like Thai consulates. Each branch applies its own rules (though there are some guidelines that will often be followed) and varies in degrees of friendliness. If one bank does not give you what you want, shop around.

Me and you know that but most tourists if they try to open an account and are told they cant will simply give up. I was rejected by 3 banks before I got one and in Bangkok its always going to be harder

• Like 1

Me and you know that but most tourists if they try to open an account and are told they cant will simply give up. I was rejected by 3 banks before I got one and in Bangkok its always going to be harder

Well, I tried as well last week and was rejected, including at BKK main branch on Silom

If anyone knows of a particular bank in bkk, I'm all ears.

Edited by sjaak327

indisputably the best and quickest no messing about way to open a bank account (and in addition get things that you would not normally be able to get such as renting a safety deposit box at that branch) is to get a rich and influential Thai person (who is a preferred customer at that branch) to help you. They only need to pick up the phone, speak to the manager and say I am sending so and so please help them! it's unbelievable how quickly the staff meet that request with such courtesy and efficiencygiggle.gif

Well, I tried as well last week and was rejected, including at BKK main branch on Silom

If anyone knows of a particular bank in bkk, I'm all ears.

You can try Thanachart where I opened mine on a tourist visa but it was a long time ago. Its near the corner of Sukhumvit and soi 4. Tell them your about to buy a condo whistling.gif