Which gogo bars Walking Street do you recommend ?

thairookie

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

get them when they just finish their dancing set

LOL. Back in the day it didn't matter when I bought them a drink, it was always "I go dance now". Just offering 20 baht did the trick ( that really was a long time ago ) to get them to stay.

The last time I bought a dancer a lady drink was in SuperBaby many years ago. She had been dancing ages and I thought she'd be sitting down soon, but half an hour later still dancing in the shower. I left and didn't leave a tip.

My "back in the day" only goes back to 2005, and nothing much has changed except prices.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, tropo said:

My "back in the day" only goes back to 2005, and nothing much has changed except prices.

I feel sorry for you then, bit like I feel sorry for young people that never experienced the greats of pop music as it happened in the 60s.

The scene now is but a pale, pale shadow of what it was in the mid 90s, but, of course, if just starting off one only knows what one experiences, for better or worse.

Anyway, enjoy it before it's gone. :biggrin:

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I feel sorry for you then, bit like I feel sorry for young people that never experienced the greats of pop music as it happened in the 60s.

The scene now is but a pale, pale shadow of what it was in the mid 90s, but, of course, if just starting off one only knows what one experiences, for better or worse.

Anyway, enjoy it before it's gone. :biggrin:

Agree. I would say things peaked right at 2006.  After a dozen trips still fun to go, but so much different

Last night I went into as many of the most recommended gogos on this thread. Unfortunately, I felt compelled to exit immediately, given the dire excuse for music, usually played at levels that hurt my ears.
None of them seemed overwhelmed with customers, perhaps for that reason.

I'm not sure that many customers go to gogo bars for the music!

On 10/18/2016 at 5:11 PM, tropo said:

Most of them will order shooters anyway, so after 10 seconds there is no more reason to sit with you unless you buy more. If you want them to order sit down drinks, you'll have to mention that when they order as most will default to shooters.

To avoid the "go dance" in 2 minutes problem, get them when they just finish their dancing set. When it's their turn to dance they have to dance - this is just how it works.

These days it's the ladies who are in control, not the customers.

HAHA. In truth aren't they all and always in control.:)

On 20/10/2016 at 11:18 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm not sure that many customers go to gogo bars for the music!

I would disagree, music is a major factor for me which is why i like Heavens Above/Sweethearts and avoid anywhere that plays rap/hip hop/house music.

The dreadful music has ruined 99% of Gogo bars. The two non GG bars in Pattaya that play adult alternative music spanning the decades and NEVER play hip hop, techno, gangsta rap, electro pop are always busy happy successful places with the best girls and best customers. It's a shame. Everyone I go in a GG feeling happy I get angry and depressed now. I'm tired of the mindless moronic MTV Black Rap culture -it's violence-racism and misgoniny. I do not want to 'put my f*****g hands up. I do not want to hear 'Shut the <deleted> up. I don't want a chorus of B***h B***h B***h. The tuneless techno and the electro pop that mangles classic pop hits by adding a crude back beat is asinine. If the music is cap it does not matter if the booze is free and the girls are naked. Don't get me started about filthy smoker polluting whole rooms for 30 non smokers!

14 hours ago, The manic said:

The dreadful music has ruined 99% of Gogo bars. The two non GG bars in Pattaya that play adult alternative music spanning the decades and NEVER play hip hop, techno, gangsta rap, electro pop are always busy happy successful places with the best girls and best customers. It's a shame. Everyone I go in a GG feeling happy I get angry and depressed now. I'm tired of the mindless moronic MTV Black Rap culture -it's violence-racism and misgoniny. I do not want to 'put my f*****g hands up. I do not want to hear 'Shut the <deleted> up. I don't want a chorus of B***h B***h B***h. The tuneless techno and the electro pop that mangles classic pop hits by adding a crude back beat is asinine. If the music is cap it does not matter if the booze is free and the girls are naked. Don't get me started about filthy smoker polluting whole rooms for 30 non smokers!

Fair enough, but what makes you think everyone shares your taste in music?  I'm guessing you're of a comparatively advanced age!

Edited by brewsterbudgen

17 hours ago, The manic said:

And which "two non GG bars" are you referring to?

Windmill has the nastiest…and ugliest broads.

sam with baby dolls

baccara, living dolls, what sup have god eye candy but that's it…..the prices for takeaways are laughable

for a daytime snooze i recommend the tahitian queen outside soi 13 on beach road.

21 hours ago, Henryford said:

I would disagree, music is a major factor for me which is why i like Heavens Above/Sweethearts and avoid anywhere that plays rap/hip hop/house music.

There may be a few people (or could you be the only one?) who choose gogos by music, and if you can't handle techno music your choices will be slim.

Edited by tropo

9 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Fair enough, but what makes you think everyone shares your taste in music?  I'm guessing you're of a comparatively advanced age!

It's not just the noise itself, it's the volume at which it's played, and if I have to wear ear plugs I ain't going to spend money in there.

On 10/24/2016 at 7:16 PM, The manic said:

Geez OK.  Then stay home and put on some soft jazz and relax.

8 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Windmill has the nastiest…and ugliest broads.

sam with baby dolls

baccara, living dolls, what sup have god eye candy but that's it…..the prices for takeaways are laughable

for a daytime snooze i recommend the tahitian queen outside soi 13 on beach road.

I certainly disagree just left WIndmill.  There are many young cute girls there spend about an hour with a cute small 20 year old and had a great time bouncing her on my lap with full hands on. .  The girls at WIndmill are mostly cute from my experience.

On 25.10.2016 at 1:17 PM, JHolmesJr said:

When was the last "daytime" snooze?

I remember that now all GoGo are forbidden to open before 18h (which has become true in LK Metro more than a year ago).

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:29 PM, tropo said:

Skyfall and Sensations were packed with customers and girls last night... it's business as usual. All neon lights were back on and door girls were back at grabbing customers outside.

Sensations is great, lot's of Korean and Japanese though.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:26 PM, tropo said:

There may be a few people (or could you be the only one?) who choose gogos by music, and if you can't handle techno music your choices will be slim.

I like Sweethearts because of the music. It amazes me that most gogos play that techno rubbish, if I owned a business I would try and differentiate myself from the competition.

The gogo in Jomtien, for all it's faults will let customers choose the music. Watching the girls try and dance to Kashmir or Bohemian Rhapsody  is good fun.

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 9:12 PM, KhunBENQ said:

I should have mentioned that in  end of July TQ WAS closed in the afternoon.

No more afternoon delight :sleep:

But then about a week later it reopened in the afternoon and daytime became playtime again. Try to keep up. 

19 hours ago, yaagjon said:

I like Sweethearts because of the music. It amazes me that most gogos play that techno rubbish, if I owned a business I would try and differentiate myself from the competition.

The gogo in Jomtien, for all it's faults will let customers choose the music. Watching the girls try and dance to Kashmir or Bohemian Rhapsody  is good fun.

Most of the bars play it, therefore customers will acclimatize. They're not there for the music. Put enough eye-candy on stage and the music soon becomes irrelevant.  

4 hours ago, tropo said:

Most of the bars play it, therefore customers will acclimatize. They're not there for the music. Put enough eye-candy on stage and the music soon becomes irrelevant.  

I'd agree except watching the slomo shuffle is boring, and I like something audible to improve my visual experience. If the noise is annoying, it doesn't help the ambience.

On 10/27/2016 at 9:17 PM, yaagjon said:

Sensations is great, lot's of Korean and Japanese though.

Popped in Sensations last night after reading yours and tropo's conments.

There were at least 60 girls in there and they all looked tasty. 

Recommended viewing.

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

TQ is open in the afternoon I was there today at 2 pm.

Bugger me, you're in early! Their daughters are still dropping there mums off to work at that time. They haven't even got their pancake makeup and heels on at that time.

Edited by NanLaew

what a fuddy-duddy....sorry there are no showtunes or frank sinatra songs in the gogos.....jeepers!