Probe report in Rajabhakdi Park’s alleged corruption is a fake

webfact

Probe report in Rajabhakdi Park’s alleged corruption is a fake

2621-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An investigation report about alleged corruption in the construction of the Rajabhakti Park in Hua Hin which was circulated in the social media was a fake, said Colonel Winthai Suvaree, spokesman of the Army.

He said he had checked the report which has implicated several individuals in the government and the army for involvement in the alleged irregularities and found that it was a forgery.

There are several writing mistakes in the report which are unusual of an official report, said the colonel.

The Army is now conducting a fact-finding investigation into the construction of the park and the casting of the giant statues of seven former Thai kings to determine whether any army officers were involved in the alleged kickback scandal. The probe is expected to be completed within a week.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/probe-report-in-rajabhakdi-parks-alleged-corruption-is-a-fake

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-19

So, possible scenario: The real report was leaked before higher-ups had fully considered the implications of what the report said. People were implicated that higher-ups didn't want implicated.

Citing writing mistakes as proof that it's a fake report, the information revealed can now be dismissed by the public.

"There are several writing mistakes in the report which are unusual of an official report, said the colonel."

Only "several" mistakes? They should hire the smart kid in front of the class to write the report, instead of the the idiot son of the high military official who copied off of him throughout his school years. I would love to see the official English translation of this report. I could use a good laugh.

Edited by jaltsc

Good luck trying to squirm out of this one. Someone has to fall for this now. The insight given into this in the BP this morning is going to take some serious work to bury. Pathetic really, these people feel that they have such entitlement to get rich from stuff like this. It makes me really angry, I just wonder how the public feel, or if they really care

There's an excellent article about this in the newspaper that Dare Not Speak Its Name, which states that a key military person: "unwittingly gave his subordinates all the responsibility [to run the project] without realising the impacts that could follow..."

If true, and allowed to be a reason to escape accountability, that would be highly embarrassing for a number of reasons, but especially in undermining Yingluck's prosecution by assisting her defence based on the same principle.

Good luck trying to squirm out of this one. Someone has to fall for this now. The insight given into this in the BP this morning is going to take some serious work to bury. Pathetic really, these people feel that they have such entitlement to get rich from stuff like this. It makes me really angry, I just wonder how the public feel, or if they really care

I suspect one the one hand they expect it, and are resigned to it (expect not accept). On the other hand it hopefully joins the long list of things to be sorted out when circumstances allow.

I do not use the phrase " to be reformed" as that itself has been totally corrupted.

If only they had investigative journalists here,or Tv programs like

Panorama,there would be so much shit to dig into,and truths to

uncover,the problem is they would not know where to start,its an

encyclopedia of corruption,the extrajudicial killings ,and disappeared

people.

regards Worgeordie

Gen Udomdej will need to answer for his gross negligence and malfeasance for allowing corruption to occur under his watch. That ring does sound very familiar except he will be saved by the power at hand; the NCPO. That's gross injustice and very double standard and the general public can't express their disgust on the streets.

Lots of dumbass comments on this thread. Great pictures of animals butt-holes guys. From your personal albums ?. I bet none of you even read the report.

Should be pretty easy to verify the source and one of the many, many academics who love this sort of thing give an opinion.

And at least someone internal is highlighting the problem. Unlike the previous government where the Thaksin audio tapes and the al-Qaeda threat photo were both publicly announced as fake by Thaksins family friend Paradron (who should have had the honour to resign as chief of the NSC after he was implicated in that tape but didn't). And both have subsequently been accepted as real. Again prompting Pradorn's resignation given the gravity of making such a deliberate and blatant lie in his official capacity.

And the whistle blower who spilled the beans on the rice scheme, only to find herself under investigation instead of her claims.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Thailand has as good a government now as it is going to get given the raw material.

Edited by EnglishJohn

I swear that if English John and others trod on a dog doo in Smolensk they would find a way to link it back to the previous government. Lads, there are just some things on the planet that simply do not concern or are related to the UDD, Thaksin, etc..

Edited by baboon

What about the allegations stacking up against Gen. Udomdej, are they fake too?

Doesn't' really matter. I'm sure he's covered by the amnesty the "PM" so graciously granted himself and his merry band of co-coupists.

Lots of dumbass comments on this thread. Great pictures of animals butt-holes guys. From your personal albums ?. I bet none of you even read the report.

Should be pretty easy to verify the source and one of the many, many academics who love this sort of thing give an opinion.

And at least someone internal is highlighting the problem. Unlike the previous government where the Thaksin audio tapes and the al-Qaeda threat photo were both publicly announced as fake by Thaksins family friend Paradron (who should have had the honour to resign as chief of the NSC after he was implicated in that tape but didn't). And both have subsequently been accepted as real. Again prompting Pradorn's resignation given the gravity of making such a deliberate and blatant lie in his official capacity.

And the whistle blower who spilled the beans on the rice scheme, only to find herself under investigation instead of her claims.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Thailand has as good a government now as it is going to get given the raw material.

"And the whistle blower who spilled the beans on the rice scheme, only to find herself under investigation instead of her claims".

And there was I and I'd say many many others reading the plethora of investigation reports over the rice scheme past and present along with prosecution's is just a figment of our collective minds,

Thanks to EJ for clearing that up for us mate, my heroclap2.gif

The simple way to clear this up is to have and INDEPENDAT INVESTIGATION, ooops TIT my badwhistling.gif

The quality of a government is beside the point. All governments are crap, even the best of them. The only important thing is to have checks and balances. Authoritarianism can spiral out of control, as we all know. Fascism takes more and more liberty from the people to keep itself in power. We can see it happening. Any amount of corruption becomes possible under that system and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Even if corruption was proven in the Rajabhakdi Park case, it would only go to the courts... and then... nothing more than a slapped wrist.

And what for the future? Lenin meant well, but then came Stalin. The only important thing is to give the people the ability to choose. It doesn't matter if they choose idiots, or even corrupt idiots, but simply that they get to choose. Get it?

You are entitled to your opinion, and obviously you have a vested interest in this government - congratulations - but the people are entitled to their opinion too according to what they think is best for themselves. Not sure why your opinion is so superior that you feel justified in forcing it down everyone's throats. In any case, I would ask you to kindly stop forcing it down mine.

Edited by ddavidovsky

Gen Udomdej will need to answer for his gross negligence and malfeasance for allowing corruption to occur under his watch. That ring does sound very familiar except he will be saved by the power at hand; the NCPO. That's gross injustice and very double standard and the general public can't express their disgust on the streets.

I agree - all involved in corruption, if proven, should be punished.

Those in charge cannot avoid responsibility. And that must be commensurate with the losses.

Or do you think otherwise?