Protesters tell US ambassador to "go home"

rooster59

Protesters tell US ambassador to "go home"

40486321-cce7-4ce7-abbe-2767860b44d1_cx0
US Ambassador to Thailand Glyn T. Davies. Photo: Reuters

BANGKOK: And you thought you had it tough in your job.

Around 200 people turned up to a protest today at the US Embassy against the new ambassador, just nine weeks into his role.

Led by famous firebrand Thai Buddhist monk Luang Pu Buddha Issara, the protesters held placards saying "This is Thailand, not the USA" and "Go, Go Home" as they accused envoy Glyn T. Davies of seeking to meddle in their affairs, AFP reported.

Some wonderfully welcoming protesters were captured on video yelling, “USA get out!”

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/11/27/protesters-tell-us-ambassador-go-home

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-11-28

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know English standards in Thailand are bad but if you're going to make a banner to hold up at a protest, you should at least make sure all the words at the spelled correctly.

Since when did <deleted> have an 'e' in it?

Just another day in the Land of Xenophobia.

Edited by pinkpanther99

I thought groups of more than 5 protesting was still illegal in the land of the free? not when you are insulting the envoy of a foreign power it seems. I assume the ambassador was referring to 'defamation' cases such as one in Aug where a businessman got 30 years (reduced from 60) for fb comments, clearly barbaric. If only the US ambassador to Saudi Arabia would speak out as well!

Edited by jacky54

Oh no need for the US Ambassador to <deleted> himself...much more entertaining for him to watch Thailand get <deleted> by China!

Oh the poetry & prose of todays Thai protesters! Whatever happened to the good old days of 'Death to America' and a good bit of flag burning? Happy Days....

I know English standards in Thailand are bad but if you're going to make a banner to hold up at a protest, you should at least make sure all the words at the spelled correctly.

&lt;deleted&gt; you on about?

So... is he going home?

They tend not to

Usually the 'yankee go home' mantra needs to be augmented with a good few thousand dead US military

then, indeed they do

Yup! And what a memorial scene it was when the US went home from Vietnam...

So... is he going home?

They tend not to

Usually the 'yankee go home' mantra needs to be augmented with a good few thousand dead US military

then, indeed they do

Don't know about a few thousand dead, but certainly not 200 loony toons

It is Saturday and the grammar and spelling police are off duty, but I think you will find that the "C" in the word we all use, but can only show in pictures, is a font that the Thais probably learn at school.

I am surprised that TVF actually showed it. Quite shocking.

It is also very disrespectful of these protesters to ask the U.S.ambassador to do the impossible. Luckily, for them, they weren't all arrested and sent for AA.

"make sure all the words at the are spelled correctly."

Have a wonderful day in Xenophobia thumbsup.gif

I hope this group has a short attention span. I have to go to the embassy this week and do not relish the thought of shouldering my way through a mass of angry protesters.

Not that they don't deserve to have their voices heard. I just don't want to be there while they do it.

The saffron thug strikes again! He should be defrocked (among other things). Just a political #$*@ disturber hiding behind faux piousness.

Ultra-nationalism, thuggery, nepotism and cronyism simply repackaged as benevolent patriotism.

And instead of the govt sweeping this trash and his ILLEGAL group off the streets to prevent international embarrassment, the PM comes out and stops short of endorsing this group and their actions.

Going to be a long and bumpy ride towards democracy, the rule of law and recognition of civil and human rights ahead. Good luck Thailand!