Protesters tell US ambassador to "go home"

rooster59

I just love the "if you don't agree with everything about us go home" brigade. Hardly original and mature. These are the anti western everything, except for their western mobile phones, western cars and designer western clothes. Hypocrisy at the highest level.

Western phones made in China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, infact anywhere except the West.

Western cars, made in Thailand, Vietnam, China, in fact everywhere in the world. According to Forbes the world's largest auto company is Toyota. They're not western.

I see your point but it's a bit out-dated.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're right. The US should pack up and close its operations in Thailand. Stop spending US taxpayer in and on this trregular nation.

Ban imports from Thailand to the USA and forbid exports to Thailand. Wouldnt belong before moans are heard

That would be at least 5 years too late. US hasn't been very important importer or exporter to Thailand for quite a while now. Other country took over that position. Due to US economy, Thai businesses have been and continue to pull out, and move else where. Thanks to (for Thailand) Russia and China, it is becoming more and more obvious that US influence is shrinking around the world.

Where do you think the US ranks on expots to and from Thailand recently, or would you like to rephase your statements made in the first 4 sentences?

I just love the "if you don't agree with everything about us go home" brigade. Hardly original and mature. These are the anti western everything, except for their western mobile phones, western cars and designer western clothes. Hypocrisy at the highest level.

555, so a Muslim emigrates to Texas and calls down the USA for bombing his fellow Muslims in the Middle East. What reaction happens then?

Thailamd is in miserable shape at every angle. Except cronyism. I have been coing to LOS for 30 years. The last 10 years...Less and less...I wonder why?

The last 12-15 years I would say and for many things I don't see any difference between Thaksin, Prayut, Abhisit....

So... you mean a normal day at work for a U.S. Envoy?

Geeze do these flunkies ever do anything but cow tow to the local government in whose country they happen to be located. And to think honest hardworking tax payers support these government hanger ons whose job is doled out because they are "in favor" with the ruling party. Just another arm in the political octopus that governs.

Western phones made in China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, infact anywhere except the West.

Western cars, made in Thailand, Vietnam, China, in fact everywhere in the world. According to Forbes the world's largest auto company is Toyota. They're not western.

Take a computer: not a bit comes from the west.

Apple is produced in China

Samsung is not at all Western (and the biggest one).

A western produced car has half the parts manufactured in China.

I think if Asia vanish from the map the west would need 15 years till they re-learn how to produce some things.

Which is actually very sad.

What happened to the "NO Demonstrations allowed"?

That only applies to those who aren't on the "right side" .coffee1.gif

Those group of students were what? 50 strong? And they get thrown in military prison.

200 led by that 'monk' (who has also lead several other protests since the coup with no repercussions) and the near enough get endorsed by old Uncle Tu.

It's the outright hypocrisy that I can't stand. And their farang support group on here deflecting attention away from that by attacking the US when their ambassador is spot on.

I know English standards in Thailand are bad but if you're going to make a banner to hold up at a protest, you should at least make sure all the words at the spelled correctly.

Since when did <deleted> have an 'e' in it?

Just another day in the Land of Xenophobia.

You should at least make sure all the words at the spelled correctly. Isn`t this the pot calling the kettle black.

I think the offensive word in question was deliberately spelt that way so that people know what it means without it appearing too crude.

So... is he going home?

They tend not to

Usually the 'yankee go home' mantra needs to be augmented with a good few thousand dead US military

then, indeed they do

Yup! And what a memorial scene it was when the US went home from Vietnam...

And today Vietnam is begging the USA to protect it from China. Those Chinese are going to take the South China Sea and the little countries bordering the sea won't be able to stop it from doing so.

Half a dozen uni professors to be charge with having a gathering to protest. 200 or so protesting here and not a word from dear general.

Hypocritical much? Its either against the law for 5 or more to protest or it isnt. Hypocritical to charge one lot and not the other.

I hope this group has a short attention span. I have to go to the embassy this week and do not relish the thought of shouldering my way through a mass of angry protesters.

Not that they don't deserve to have their voices heard. I just don't want to be there while they do it.

I wouldn't fret too much if I were you. By the time you get there they will probably be inside the consular section checking on the progress of their visa applications and nice as pie.

I know English standards in Thailand are bad but if you're going to make a banner to hold up at a protest, you should at least make sure all the words at the spelled correctly.

Whatever the spelling, the message is clear!

Seems like this is what the majority of the worlds people want.

Regardless of how ones feels about this protest, and the insistence on the American to keep needling Thailand in public, this monk Luang Pu Buddha Issara should be removed from the monkshood immediately. He is serving no construction purpose, as he has completely forgotten his role as a monk, and a representative of Buddhism. The man has more than likely not spent a single minute in meditation in the past decade. He is a troublemaker. He is a instigator. He is a freak. He should be arrested, jailed, and sent to prison. If protests are illegal, then an instigator of protests must be a criminal, correct? Send the man away. Or better yet, revoke his passport and deport him to Bahrain.

Who do you think you are?

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-innovative-countries/

Take a computer: not a bit comes from the west.

Apple is produced in China

Samsung is not at all Western (and the biggest one).

A western produced car has half the parts manufactured in China.

I think if Asia vanish from the map the west would need 15 years till they re-learn how to produce some things.

Which is actually very sad.

Edited by Nowisee

Another, obviously stage-managed, event starring Thailand's "celebrity" monk - whose talent for self-publicity seems more suited to a slot on Thailand's Got Talent than life in a temple.

Fortunately, the US Ambassador is worldly-wise enough not to take his latest attempt at political meddling too seriously. A classic case of shooting yourself in the sandal.

According to the LM laws these protesters should be treated in the same fashion as if they had behaved like this towards the King:

"The penalty for defaming, insulting or threatening the Thai monarch, the queen, heir-apparent, or regent (Section 112) is imprisonment for three to 15 years. Insulting or defaming a representative of a foreign state accredited to the royal court has the penalty of imprisonment for a term of six months to 15 years or a fine of 1,000-10,000 baht, or both."

I wonder who's paying them to do this - nothing is free in the land of the free!

Dunno, but whoever it is needs to invest some more resources in practice, their rhythm is completely off and amateurish.

I recommend synchronised swimming as a fun team building exercise that should get the whole thing into much better shape.

It's also great for arthritis, and reducing the volume of shrieking.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

you mean like this?

post-245921-0-96660900-1448690877_thumb.

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha, when asked about Davies' comments, didn't exactly give the envoy a helping hand. "It's up to him [Davies]. Next time don't send anyone to talk about trade with me then," he said.

7% of Thailand's GDP is exported to the USA. (Remind me, what's tourism's portion of GDP?)

0.07% of USA GDP is exported to Thailand.

Let's see who blinks first...

Regardless of how ones feels about this protest, and the insistence on the American to keep needling Thailand in public, this monk Luang Pu Buddha Issara should be removed from the monkshood immediately. He is serving no construction purpose, as he has completely forgotten his role as a monk, and a representative of Buddhism. The man has more than likely not spent a single minute in meditation in the past decade. He is a troublemaker. He is a instigator. He is a freak. He should be arrested, jailed, and sent to prison. If protests are illegal, then an instigator of protests must be a criminal, correct? Send the man away. Or better yet, revoke his passport and deport him to Bahrain.

Who do you think you are?

I am myself. That is who I am. What kind of a question is that? Specificity is a wonderful thing. Vague and remote questions add nothing to this forum.

I am not entitled to question this heathen monk? This man who has amply demonstrated his lack of spiritual understanding? It is obvious the Abbott of his temple is not questioning him. Someone has to question him for his outrageous and inappropriate behavior. Don't you think?

This monk is a very peculiar man. He is leading a crusade demanding more transparency in the monkhood and especially in regard to public finances. That is probably a good thing.

Buddha Issara wants more transparency in donations so that these temples can be rid of corruption. He is calling on the military-led government to set up a new committee to control Buddhism’s coffers and last month filed a petition urging the National Anti-Corruption Commission to investigate the top two Buddhist institutions for fraud.

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailands-phra-buddha-issara-tries-to-reform-thailands-buddhist-monks-behaving-badly.html

Thai Buddhist governing body under fire for clearing monk in graft scandal

http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=52,12224,0,0,1,0#.VllIZYTBays

But he flies around in private jets, has a group of bodyguards, and seems to like the celebrity aspect of the whole thing.

He was a powerful and outspoken critic of the Yingluck (no luck) administration:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/01/us-thailand-protest-monk-idUSBREA2008C20140301#lrbUIpYjqkB08SMs.97

And he was nearly de-frocked for his actions against the former government. Regardless of how you feel about the former govt., is it a monks place to lead a reform movement?

(RNS) Authorities in Thailand are preparing to arrest and possibly defrock a senior Buddhist monk on charges of insurrection and breach of Buddhist discipline for leading anti-government protests.

Police on Tuesday (Feb. 4) asked a criminal court to authorize the arrest of Luang Pu Buddha Issara for laying siege to government offices in Bangkok’s Lak Si district and obstructing voting during last week’s general elections, the National News Bureau of Thailand reports.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/05/buddhist-monk-arrest-thailand_n_4731178.html

Edited by spidermike007

I thought protesting with more than five people was not allowed. Wonder if they got permission first...and for the banners too? I am not American but without the American input years ago those protesters might still be wearing 'loin cloths'...well maybe not 'loin cloths' but you know what I mean. Okay, so America used parts of Thailand during the Vietnam War but they built hospitals, gave jobs to the locals etc. Many of the older generation of 'uneducated' Thai men learnt most of their English this way as well as learning a trade. I bet at least half of the protesters eat their KFC etc regularly. They are stupid...but that doesn't even begin to describe them.

You must be mistaken.These are good "educate" people who are never wrong.It is only the Thai majority who can be described as uninformed and gullible.