Upcoming public holidays

Tywais

December 7th - Monday, substitution day for the King's birthday, and December 10th - Thursday, Constitution Day are public/government holidays. As such immigration, schools and other government offices will be closed. Main branches of banks will also be closed (BOT site) but as usual the satellite branches such as malls will be operational. So prepare in advance your activities.

Either the 5th (King's birthday) or the 7th (substitution day) has a high probability of a no alcohol day, not clear yet. Constitution day has no prohibition.

December 11th, Bike for Dad Day. Appears they have decided not to make it a public holiday though I know many at our university will be taking the day off for two reasons. One, a long holiday weekend. 2nd, traffic.

Traffic will most likely be crazier then usual due to the crowds that will be coming in around the North and the streets being blocked off. Friend at work told me to stock up in advance and stay home. biggrin.png

Interactive route here - Bike for Dad route CM

post-566-0-10452100-1448879386_thumb.jpg

Pedal up the Doi Suthep hill? Not me, thanks. But can anyone join this Bike Ride at any spot and pedal as far as desired? I could go around the city a bit.

If Bike for Dad had been declared a PH, then golf courses would need to up the ante and thereby upset many falang golfers.

Any idea what time this bike ride will start, will reach Wat Suan Dok?

Pedal up the Doi Suthep hill? Not me, thanks. But can anyone join this Bike Ride at any spot and pedal as far as desired? I could go around the city a bit.

If Bike for Dad had been declared a PH, then golf courses would need to up the ante and thereby upset many falang golfers.

Having difficulty finding the timetable for CM ride, Bangkok has quite a lot of detail. If any member can fill in the information please do. AFAIK, you have to register to enter the ride. Did find Bangkok is at 15:00 so suspect the same in CM. Looks like registration may be over. When registering you receive a tag so may need that to join in the ride.

Here are more details - https://www.bikefordad2015.com/faq.php

Pedal up Doi Suthep? Don't believe that is part of "Bike for Dad". Pretty easy anyway, as long as you have a bike with gears. Not steep at all, apart from the last hairpin before the temple.

The kings birthday used to be an alcohol free day then some years ago the King said alcohol could be sold as it was the Kings decision it will be interesting if it is now declared a dry day

Yes, I've seen it off and on over the years. Sometimes not until the very last minute the BIB would go around asking bars to close.

Just a reminder that this Friday the 11th is Bike for Dad day and the traffic will probably be a major issue. Also before that streets will be cleaned and repaired at points along the route. I've seen some yellow lines being repainted around the university area and the concrete blocks on Suthep in front of the uni Suthep main gate now removed in preparation.