Supreme Court not allow Yingluck to leave kingdom

snoop1130

Sounds like a sensible decision which is not really debatable by those not personally aquainted with the entire saga of this little gal and her and her families traits. That ''rabbit'' gene seems to follow you for a lifetime once it is displayed. Then you add the similarity to family and association with same, a tight rein on the bit is a sensible decision.

Unlike her brother every time she has left the country she has returned so your point is invalid

If and when she is convicted of a crime and looking at jail time like her Brother, that could alter her choice of whether to return or not(if she was allowed out of the Country). Are you a Shin lover, anti Government or just a general Troller ???

Out of interest, and as you listed them, which do you consider the most heinous crime?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL, it would be interesting to know who these guys (Elmar Brok and Werner Langen) are and what it was exactly that convinced them to write such a letter, just for the sake of having a conversation about a far away country.

The smell of bs here is so pungent, if we just close our eyes we'll think we're in the middle of a Texas ranch.

The first is president of the foreign affairs commission and the second is president of the delegation on relations with south-east asia countries. smile.png

'candide': Only 4/10 for your homework. 'Can do better'. Look it up and come back to us once you know, OK?

What about your homework? Do you know a better source than this one?

www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/1263/ELMAR_BROK_home.html

www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/1928/WERNER_LANGEN_home.html

P)

I would say the a travel ban on a former elected head of state may be all but unprecedented. Such a ban certainly shows the dictatorship's true colours to the free world. An invitation by a foreign govt is expected to be honoured, no matter their real intentions.

Yingluck is out on bail. The charges themselves are egregious. No head of state is charged anywhere over their political acts in office unless there is blatant corruption involved. If there is corruption, the charges are disingenuous and the case must be put before the NACC to decide.

There is little to no likelihood Yingluck would flee into exile. Unlike her brother, she actually seems intelligent not shrewd and greedy. Were she to flee, the junta would tighten the screws on every Thai left.

I think I just laughed so hard I pissed myself! Delay the court case!!! OMMFG!

Edited by facthailand

Why is it a childish reaction to disallow somebody to leave the country while they have a serious court case running?

Are there special laws for (foul) politicians?

well, the conversations or dicussions in EU wouldn't take long. She could be back just in time. As long she is not convicted she is INNOCENT !

So everybody who has a serious court case running can leave the country -and so avoid being available if addicted?

would it be a serious court case? A fair court case by an elected government which is entitled to judge? Not at all.

The current Govt. has been endorsed/appointed or whatever by His majesty the King. Are you against that decision?? So called "Elected" governments in the past don't really have a good track record of creating fair and Impartial Courts.

Ingenious, playing the one card that cannot be countered due to the LM laws. You must really fear an open discussion, poor thing, just like the junta you support.

Not playing any cards at all. He is just stating a simple fact.

You tried the same answer with me and the result is the same.

If you don't like it then do as many people do. Live with it.

There is nothing that you, I or anyone else on Thai visa can do about it.

The military ARE in power,so live with it.

I have had to live with 4 Thaksin governments (TRT under Thaksin, PPP under Samak and Somchai plus PPP with Yingluck and Thaksin) and didn't like any of them.

I have lived in Thailand long enough to know that there are small things that I can change but governments and politics I cannot so I accept that.

Why is it a childish reaction to disallow somebody to leave the country while they have a serious court case running?

well, the conversations or dicussions in EU wouldn't take long. She could be back just in time. As long she is not convicted she is INNOCENT !

So everybody who has a serious court case running can leave the country -and so avoid being available if addicted?

would it be a serious court case? A fair court case by an elected government which is entitled to judge? Not at all.

The current Govt. has been endorsed/appointed or whatever by His majesty the King. Are you against that decision?? So called "Elected" governments in the past don't really have a good track record of creating fair and Impartial Courts.

Ingenious, playing the one card that cannot be countered due to the LM laws. You must really fear an open discussion, poor thing, just like the junta you support.

I have had to live with 4 Thaksin governments (TRT under Thaksin, PPP under Samak and Somchai plus PPP with Yingluck and Thaksin) and didn't like any of them.

I have lived in Thailand long enough to know that there are small things that I can change but governments and politics I cannot so I accept that.

billd766. Absolutely, TIT its not going to change. This thread just goes round and round and round and round.

Cheers cobbler

"The military ARE in power,so live with it."

I am....for now.

"I have had to live with 4 Thaksin governments (TRT under Thaksin, PPP under Samak and Somchai plus PPP with Yingluck and Thaksin) and didn't like any of them."

Neither did I, but I like the present lot even less, and that's really saying something.

"I have lived in Thailand long enough to know that there are small things that I can change but governments and politics I cannot so I accept that."

And I have lived here long enough to know there is <deleted> all I can change but that doesn't mean I have to be quiet about it.

as far as I know EU members they will publish this childish reaction of Thai courts. They will insist on Human Rights and will make the govt. looking like monkeys

stupid mistake - I mean CONVICTED of course

(no more booze I swear)

Edited by sweatalot

I have a crazy notion that someone overseas has sort of arranged this feeler, to see how the land lies.

She is not a person to be quizzed on the Thai situation, If these EU persons had any brains they would interview someone like an elder statesman say Gen-P.

If Gen P is an elder statesman then so is Bob Mugabe.

Mugabe probably knows more about Thailand than Yingluck !!

BABOON----ha ha ha---General Prem is an elder statesman ----Not Prayuth------------Do not compare This statesman with Mugabi---or you certainly will have problems in Thailand, With everyone here.

Whey the Thai judicial system does bad things to miss Yingluck it just makes them look like bullies

Sorry for that but that's how the international community. Will see it. Just an underhanded way to get at her brother..

I did some (limited) checks, but I get the impression that the International Community is not even aware that an EP MP and some other chap sent out a personal invitation to a former PM of Thailand. Nothing to do with Thailand, probably more to do with lack of people watching the EP.

I'm sure the European Parliament will be thoroughly impressed by the junta's dedication to personal liberty and freedom of speech.

These guys are making serious strides in the world oppressive regimes' rankings. Well done!

I'm not even sure the EP as such is aware one of their fellow MPs and another chap sent out a private invitation to Ms. Yingluck asking her to drop by whenever convenient for her. Mr. Brok didn't even sign as either MP or as Chairman of the EP Commission on Foreign Affairs. Still wonder if EP paper with EP letterhead was misused for private purposes and if such should see two gentlemen reprimanded. We EC people don't like 'Brussels' to squander away our tax money, you know.

I have a crazy notion that someone overseas has sort of arranged this feeler, to see how the land lies.

She is not a person to be quizzed on the Thai situation, If these EU persons had any brains they would interview someone like an elder statesman say Gen-P.

If Gen P is an elder statesman then so is Bob Mugabe.

Mugabe probably knows more about Thailand than Yingluck !!

BABOON----ha ha ha---General Prem is an elder statesman ----Not Prayuth------------Do not compare This statesman with Mugabi---or you certainly will have problems in Thailand, With everyone here.
Well why the bloody hell did you not make it clear about who you were referring to in the first place?

Having problems because you may have unflattering things to say about some of a country's statespeople is a positive thing, is it?

Whey the Thai judicial system does bad things to miss Yingluck it just makes them look like bullies

Sorry for that but that's how the international community. Will see it. Just an underhanded way to get at her brother..

I did some (limited) checks, but I get the impression that the International Community is not even aware that an EP MP and some other chap sent out a personal invitation to a former PM of Thailand. Nothing to do with Thailand, probably more to do with lack of people watching the EP.

But they are now that she has been refused permission to travel, and that has been made public.

Maybe that was the point all along?

I'm sure the European Parliament will be thoroughly impressed by the junta's dedication to personal liberty and freedom of speech.

These guys are making serious strides in the world oppressive regimes' rankings. Well done!

I'm not even sure the EP as such is aware one of their fellow MPs and another chap sent out a private invitation to Ms. Yingluck asking her to drop by whenever convenient for her. Mr. Brok didn't even sign as either MP or as Chairman of the EP Commission on Foreign Affairs. Still wonder if EP paper with EP letterhead was misused for private purposes and if such should see two gentlemen reprimanded. We EC people don't like 'Brussels' to squander away our tax money, you know.

You may not be sure but the EP are probably very much aware of the invitation. I'm suprised your (self admittedly limited) investigation didn't come up with something more concrete than your suppositions.

I limited myself to a google search just using the admittedly limited phrase "european parliament yingluck shinawatra" but still managed to come up with the following articles on just the first page of results:

an article in the New Europe newspaper website

"Thai government outraged after EU Parliament invites Yingluck Shinawatra to discuss state of democracy"

and then this, on the EurActiv.com website

"Shinawatra letter is genuine, and invite still stands, say MEPs"

In case you have doubts about the veracity of the the two examples I've given, I've added links to the "about us" sections of their websites as well as the article links so that you can reassure yourself with regard to this heinous waste of European taxpayers money.

But they are now that she has been refused permission to travel, and that has been made public.

Ah, that's devious. Mind you, Ms. Yingluck demanded justice and the chance to prove her innocence in court. So why is she in a hurry now to go to Europe in Wintertime on a private invitation to 'drop by' when convenient. Do the two who invited her have nothing better to do before Christmas ?

You may not be sure but the EP are probably very much aware of the invitation. I'm suprised your (self admittedly limited) investigation didn't come up with something more concrete than your suppositions.

I limited myself to a google search just using the admittedly limited phrase "european parliament yingluck shinawatra" but still managed to come up with the following articles on just the first page of results:

an article in the New Europe newspaper website

"Thai government outraged after EU Parliament invites Yingluck Shinawatra to discuss state of democracy"

and then this, on the EurActiv.com website

"Shinawatra letter is genuine, and invite still stands, say MEPs"

In case you have doubts about the veracity of the the two examples I've given, I've added links to the "about us" sections of their websites as well as the article links so that you can reassure yourself with regard to this heinous waste of European taxpayers money.

Well, for one 'THE' EP didn't invite Ms. Yingluck. Two people one of them MP, one another function invited Ms. Yinglick in their private capacity. Did you see the letter? It mentions whenever she's available, where ever she likes, just drop by.

If the sheet of paper used didn't have the EP drawing one wouldn't even know the two chaps had any thing to do with the EP.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/873455-yingluck-eu-invite-spurs-wide-debate/#entry10117195

As for the links, the neurope article already has the wrong heading as 'the' EP didn't invite Ms. Yingluck. Mind you wiki gives as recurring sections "Arts and Culture (including a calendar of upcoming events in the Brussels area), Fashion and Style"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Europe_(newspaper)

The other no comment, apart from reminding you the letter was send in private capacity, not as from two MEPs.

The two papers are not official EP papers by the way.

To conclude, the Supreme Court has refused Ms. Yingluck travel permission at this time. They deem her continued presence more important than her private chat with two gentlemen who grew old in politics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmar_Brok

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Langen

Edited by rubl

Ah, that's devious. Mind you, Ms. Yingluck demanded justice and the chance to prove her innocence in court. So why is she in a hurry now to go to Europe in Wintertime on a private invitation to 'drop by' when convenient. Do the two who invited her have nothing better to do before Christmas ?

Where does it say she was in a hurry? She was invited to attend. Does her attended stop her from attended court?

What the two who invited her are doing is not an issue. They are members of the EP, the request is genuine. When you become a member you may ask them why, though the reasons are stated in the letter.

Where does it say she was in a hurry? She was invited to attend. Does her attended stop her from attended court?

What the two who invited her are doing is not an issue. They are members of the EP, the request is genuine. When you become a member you may ask them why, though the reasons are stated in the letter.

the invitation is completely bullshit. did you even read the letter? why they wrote Khun(you) instead of Mrs.? and WHY both Elmar and Werner have no position in the letter? http://puu.sh/lL0NL/ba8f6cf8d2.jpg

as far as I know EU members they will publish this childish reaction of Thai courts. They will insist on Human Rights and will make the govt. looking like monkeys

Democrats know about the separation of Powers in a Democracy, ...what you write would put the Judicial Power (// 'court case') under the control of the Executive Power (// 'government'), very much the way 'the great leader' wanted to have it in Thailand for his 'Thaksin regime', and quite well succeeded in for what the Criminal Courts, Courts of Appeal (still nowadays) are concerned, and even the Attorney General (till recently). Is it really that you want?

Democrats know about the separation of Powers in a Democracy, ...what you write would put the Judicial Power (// 'court case') under the control of the Executive Power (// 'government'), very much the way 'the great leader' wanted to have it in Thailand for his 'Thaksin regime', and quite well succeeded in for what the Criminal Courts, Courts of Appeal (still nowadays) are concerned, and even the Attorney General (till recently). Is it really that you want?

in general I agree with you, but judges here are appointed by govt. In this case there is not a big difference between Judiciary and executive.

Well, since Ms. Yingluck seems to have asked the Supreme Court for permission to travel on this 'come and see us when you have time' invitation, she does seem in a hurry.

As for 'they're MEPs' and 'when you become a member you may ask', you seem to have a funny idea about democracy and position, responsibilities and accountability of MEP's. Any member of the EC public can ask MEP's questions.

Anyway, the 'a titre personnel' aspect of the letter suggest a personal invitation by some distant friends, two lonely old men who like to have her company. No wonder the court said 'no'

the invitation is completely bullshit. did you even read the letter? why they wrote Khun(you) instead of Mrs.? and WHY both Elmar and Werner have no position in the letter? http://puu.sh/lL0NL/ba8f6cf8d2.jpg

The whole episode is a diversion.It provides the usual suspects and other RWNJs an opportunity to divert attention from the hellish state the Junta has reduced Thailand to.

As far as the Junta is concerned there was no "right" answer here.Damned if they said yes and damned if they said no.Neither the parliamentarians nor Yingluck seem to attach much urgency to the invitation.It certainly doesn't represent an endorsement of Yingluck just an expression of concern at the deteriorating situation in Thailand.Only a blind fool would contest the latter statement.

Actually I believe the Junta would quite like Yingluck to do a runner - though she shows no signs of wanting to do so.

If Yingluck is jailed will there be any sort of public reaction in the way of protests or worst? If she left for Europe and never came back, that would be a better scenario for the military junta. Why isn't she going then? Maybe the generals are confident enough with the current situation that they don't care and won't to use her as a trophy, we got her, her life is in our hands and not yours.

To Yingluck,

Your brave, but now is not the time to stay,

Escape & fly away

If you don't there will be hell to pay

Pack your stuff, head off today

Angry crying won't help, but hey!

Fleeing is better than prison, what do you say?

Were does it say she was in a hurry? She was invited to attend. Does her attended stop her from attended court?

The whole episode is a diversion.It provides the usual suspects and other RWNJs an opportunity to divert attention from the hellish state the Junta has reduced Thailand to.

As far as the Junta is concerned there was no "right" answer here.Damned if they said yes and damned if they said no.Neither the parliamentarians nor Yingluck seem to attach much urgency to the invitation.It certainly doesn't represent an endorsement of Yingluck just an expression of concern at the deteriorating situation in Thailand.Only a blind fool would contest the latter statement.

Actually I believe the Junta would quite like Yingluck to do a runner - though she shows no signs of wanting to do so.

Goh, you mean those two MEPs created a diversion for the Thai government ?

As for 'hellish state', I understand in North and NorthEast people complain about the cold.

No I mean people like you love to harp on about Yingluck and her doings because it distracts attention from the nightmare that has become Thailand under the Junta.

And if you believe most Thais - including many that initially supported the coup - do not believe that the Junta has brought the country to the brink of disaster you are no more than a troll.

Oh wait that's what you are, right?

Well I hope the ex us ambassador Russell sees Yingluck and gives her some feeling of security. Who ever her brother is, hated or not, she is just a woman. I'm not taking sides, I'm worried for her and the other women who were charged with be involved in the arson attack on Ubon city hall. Leave women out of it! Let the posters mock my words, but sooner or later if current chaotic clampdowns, arrests, siezures, defamation, bullying continue, who is next to be persecuted? Children? the elderly? the sick and disabled? Show some heart during the reform process, as my heart is filled with woe. Show me courage and bravery, not wickness and cruelty. I'm praying too for a better tomorrow, but it never seems to come true.

Goh, you mean those two MEPs created a diversion for the Thai government ?

As for 'hellish state', I understand in North and NorthEast people complain about the cold.

No I mean people like you love to harp on about Yingluck and her doings because it distracts attention from the nightmare that has become Thailand under the Junta.

And if you believe most Thais - including many that initially supported the coup - do not believe that the Junta has brought the country to the brink of disaster you are no more than a troll.

Oh wait that's what you are, right?

You mean you disagree and therefore I must be a troll?

May I remind you that you wrote "The whole episode is a diversion.It provides the usual suspects and other RWNJs an opportunity to divert attention from the hellish state the Junta has reduced Thailand to."

In a topic on Ms. Yingluck's request to travel being rejected? As for 'brink of disaster', you probably mean 'we were denied our democratic profits and hundreds of billion there all is the others fault'? Who are you by the way to speak for 'most Thai'? Did you get elected spokes farang?

Well I hope the ex us ambassador Russell sees Yingluck and gives her some feeling of security. Who ever her brother is, hated or not, she is just a woman. I'm not taking sides, I'm worried for her and the other women who were charged with be involved in the arson attack on Ubon city hall. Leave women out of it! Let the posters mock my words, but sooner or later if current chaotic clampdowns, arrests, siezures, defamation, bullying continue, who is next to be persecuted? Children? the elderly? the sick and disabled? Show some heart during the reform process, as my heart is filled with woe. Show me courage and bravery, not wickness and cruelty. I'm praying too for a better tomorrow, but it never seems to come true.

Excuses, but here I must disagree. Ms. Yingluck is not just a woman, she's a former Prime Minster, she's her brothers clone, she's the bright example LannaGuy lives for.

Of course, and I guess I must admit this, if she were just a woman, you seem to imply that obviously that's why she was so ignorant of the RPPS disaster.