Thai Massage = Fractured Rib !

jellydog

I have to say, I was initially amazed at this outpouring of hatred for Thai traditional massage in this thread (excepting the OP...I mean, obviously he fell prey to the worst kind of quack...a broken rib should not result from any kind of "massage"!)...but then I realized what's going on here. Most of you folks are clearly, to quote from Fight Club, "wads of cookie dough"...

Seriously, you tender, easily injured fatties should really stay away from a strenuous art form such as TTM, just like you should be careful how many sets of stairs you climb after your second pizza or fifth beer!

Usually the obnoxious ignorant fat shaming rants are restricted to the "I'm Too Fat" forum. bah.gif

You should know being too fat is not good for health. These people are easier to hurt. They get blue spots much easier than someone fit. The true hurts, but telling the true is not shaming. You really can't tell it is OK to be fat. It is not you get many health problems and you are less resistant to problems.

I have to disagree with you in this regard, fat and massage,

Problem with Thai massage is that more than often it is performed by poorly trained person, if trained at all.

There is a thai massage school on every corner that issues certs after 1 day.

1 day is hardly sufficient to learn anything.

With my experience, she seemingly pushed too hard somewhere and nerve was pinched

They do not know human body and often push into bone, they do not know pressure points or joints.

I am no stranger to massage, as after the shoulder surgery i need at least 2 every week and its really hard to find a decent, well trained masseurs.

I now get Thai/Oil, so at least force with which they push is reduced by the oil.

Chinese massage in my opinion is just superb, but not available in Pattaya, well i have not seen it yet

You are mixing two different topics....that many are poorly trained is absolute true.

But being very fat you can't be proper massaged because there is a big cover over everything that often gets blue easily. (I mean really fat, not 10 kg too much)

Combination of too fat and poor training makes it worse, of course.

yeah that is a problem if someone want to really get the massage and not only the happy ending laugh.png

You wouldn't believe how difficult it is for my wife to find a good massage laugh.png

(Now she had found a good one, one woman from the North with a Chinese husband who teach her......first few times good.....later she got lazy....)

If you do not know anybody that is high professional in massage, you should never get a massage in Thailand.

Thai superficiality reflect also in the way people do a massage

There are places which are good....just they are not looking out for tourists.

If you do not know anybody that is high professional in massage, you should never get a massage in Thailand.

Funny yet somewhat scary story.

Few years ago was suffering from pain in my foot due to having flat feet and of course stupid enough to wear flat shoes.

Anyhow, tried all different massages, pain was still there.

One night indulged myself to a lovely sweet bar girl.

Got home and she noticed i was walking funny, so she brought it up and told her the problem, she offered to massage it for me.

Well, what could possibly go wrong, so i let her.

She only did it for about 15 mins, pointing out that something has moved somewhere and was stuck(no idea what she was on about)

Woke up the next day and pain was gone.

To this day, have not had a problem again.

I called her the next day and had a talk why she did not work massage as she was incredible, i could not fix my foot for months.

Her answer was, she makes more money in the bar than working massage.

Sadly the ones who are really good, may not get much business or recognition for being very good, so they quit the business.

Edited by konying

Funny yet somewhat scary story.

Few years ago was suffering from pain in my foot due to having flat feet and of course stupid enough to wear flat shoes.

Anyhow, tried all different massages, pain was still there.

One night indulged myself to a lovely sweet bar girl.

Got home and she noticed i was walking funny, so she brought it up and told her the problem, she offered to massage it for me.

Well, what could possibly go wrong, so i let her.

She only did it for about 15 mins, pointing out that something has moved somewhere and was stuck(no idea what she was on about)

Woke up the next day and pain was gone.

To this day, have not had a problem again.

I called her the next day and had a talk why she did not work massage as she was incredible, i could not fix my foot for months.

Her answer was, she makes more money in the bar than working massage.

Sadly the ones who are really good, may not get much business or recognition for being very good, so they quit the business.

My father can't rotate his head (old motorbike accident when he was 20). In Europe no one want to touch it.....too dangerous.

In Thailand a business partner recommended a medical massage place. Didn't look much and the women also have numbers blink.png But didn't look like you want a happy ending from them.

One made it every time perfect. He put the bone back in position and everything was good for 1-2 month.

Sadly last time he went there all the 45+ year old ladies were replaced by young pretty one who don't know anything about massaging the neck....He never went there again....

Is it racist and homophobic if I prefer the thai girl over the turkish guy ? wub.png

Only if you did not tip the Turkgiggle.gif

blink.pngw00t.gif I better keep away from massage, fractured rib, damaged shoulder and Turks....that is too dangerous for me......

I gave up with Thai massage many years ago after I suffered a 36-hour headache following the masseuse pressing very hard on my temples with her thumbs. Final straw and all that.

I am reliably informed if it is not done hard, it is not a Thai massage. Well if that is the case, you can keep it.

My Thai wife who loves Thai massage almost don't go anymore. And when she goes afterwards I hear her ranting......Always the word Kwai is in the rant.....She tells the best she can find is medium, but usually the massage isn't good at all and she knows how it should be done and can advise and complain.

Here's a thought.

Hundreds of small, medium, large massage shops everywhere (I mean the ones that don't offer happy ending or more). Some in very small and very simple premises, some in very up market very large premises with expensive furniture and fittings, etc.

Regardless of any signage or verbal claims, how many of the employees in these shops do have proper training by qualified trainers?

Is there any law or regulations requiring such employees / owners etc., to have specific training and qualifications?

Is there any visitation / check by the health ministry or whatever on these premises in regard to hygiene and the qualifications of the employees?

I gave up with Thai massage many years ago after I suffered a 36-hour headache following the masseuse pressing very hard on my temples with her thumbs. Final straw and all that.

I am reliably informed if it is not done hard, it is not a Thai massage. Well if that is the case, you can keep it.

My Thai wife who loves Thai massage almost don't go anymore. And when she goes afterwards I hear her ranting......Always the word Kwai is in the rant.....She tells the best she can find is medium, but usually the massage isn't good at all and she knows how it should be done and can advise and complain.

Here's a thought.

Hundreds of small, medium, large massage shops everywhere (I mean the ones that don't offer happy ending or more). Some in very small and very simple premises, some in very up market very large premises with expensive furniture and fittings, etc.

Regardless of any signage or verbal claims, how many of the employees in these shops do have proper training by qualified trainers?

Is there any law or regulations requiring such employees / owners etc., to have specific training and qualifications?

Is there any visitation / check by the health ministry or whatever on these premises in regard to hygiene and the qualifications of the employees?

Well I guess you don't need the question about regulations and enforcement answered.....

Somewhere close to us is a massage from blind men (that is what I got told) which is supposed to be excellent. My wife sister went there sometimes. But my wife don't feel comfortable by having a man massage her, blind or not.

(I understand I am the same I wouldn't want a man massage me, as well....)

I think the really good are know by the wealthier Thais. But I think still the medical and the sexual thing is not clear separate in Thailand.

Edited by h90

Here's a thought.

Well I guess you don't need the question about regulations and enforcement answered.....

Somewhere close to us is a massage from blind men (that is what I got told) which is supposed to be excellent. My wife sister went there sometimes. But my wife don't feel comfortable by having a man massage her, blind or not.

(I understand I am the same I wouldn't want a man massage me, as well....)

I think the really good are know by the wealthier Thais. But I think still the medical and the sexual thing is not clear separate in Thailand.

In theory, massage by a blind person should be amazing, because people without sight would have learned by touch, ie exactly know what is wrong and where.

However i feel this "notion" has also worn off and many doing it without any education as too many have opened up recently, "blind man massage"

As if its a new trend

Going little off topic, back home in Sydney, i knew an old Chinese guy, who hardly spoke any English.

Not only his massage was incredible, but you did not need to communicate at all, as he would run his fingers through the body and tell you what or where the problem was.

To make it even scarier, my grandfather went to see him for massage,after running his fingers over his body, the old man(Chinese advised my grandfather to visit doctor immediately as he had cancer

Sure enough, my grandfather had cancer.

This Chinese guys over the years learned some English, as it turned out, the "skill" was passed on by his father who learned from his father and so on.

Sadly after more than 15 years, he had to close down, because some retarded cow filed sexual harassment charges against him for touching her "inappropriately".

In Bangkok, after my shoulder surgery, i had to go for physio 3 times per week at Bangkok Hospital, 1200 per treatment, about 20 mins(ouch)

Anyhow, had one young guy, who just knew where to touch and how to push, was painful yet the most amazing feeling of release( not the sexual kindgigglem.gif )

Then on some days, i had another one, who did not have a clue at all

No real moral to the story, just felt like sharingbiggrin.png