Angry Phuket minivan driver pulls big knife in traffic [video]

webfact

Angry Phuket minivan driver pulls big knife in traffic
Phuket Gazette

A road-raging minivan driver was caught brandishing a long knife at the driver of a pickup truck on Thepkrasattri Road yesterday afternoon. Video: PGTV/Suwan Rat

PHUKET: -- A road-raging minivan driver was caught brandishing a long knife at the driver of a pickup truck on Thepkrasattri Road yesterday afternoon.

The video clip shows the driver of the van waving what appears to be a machete or a small sword as he passes the truck in the left lane.

“I saw the clip last night. We will call company officials, as well as the driver in for questioning,” said Jaturong Kaewkasi, the chief policy adviser for the Phuket Land Transport Office.

“For a first-time offence he will only receive a fine. However, if he does it again, we will suspend his driver's licence.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Angry-Phuket-minivan-driver-pulls-big-knife/62517?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-04

These guys are the worst on the roads. In that same stretch of road a couple months back saw a silver one of those vans upside down on the median, the guy went ahead and tried to force his way by without enough room and hit the curb.

Worst, most aggressive drivers on the island are in these vans.

So I must be careful next time I frustrate one of these mini-bus lunatics not letting him pass me on the left side because we ALL want to overtake a slow vehicle.

Just let him pass you.

I agree. I let these idiots past as quick as possible. Let them crash far away from me.

Some of the minivan drivers who deliver guests to my hotel are absolutely crazy, high on yaba or whatever. They will physically pull the foreign tourists out of the van, whilst shouting at them. The rest of the passengers are too scared to do or say anything.

I have confronted these drivers a few times about this and complained to their company, but of course, nothing is ever done about it.

We will wait until after we have questioned the driver to decide whether or not to charge him

I bet if I was waving my massive 'chopper' out the window of my car, the police would have something to say about it whistling.gif

If you were waving "your massive chopper" out of your car window at me I would certainly have something to say.ohmy.png

Lol. ( just how massive is it?)

Col Chanuchan said. “We will wait until after we have questioned the driver to decide whether or not to charge him.”

What?
This crazy driver should be immediately fetched from the streets.

Unable to drive a vehicle on public roads.

In this short clip you can see that,
he is driving to fast,

ascends to close,
no comply a safety distance,
changing lanes without turn signals,
Illegally overtake on the left.
and threatened another driver with a machete.

5 punishable driving errors in 30 seconds and a threat to other road users.
Such idiots should be immediately.suspended for the purposes of road safety.

Weapon waving Phuket minivan driver gets B1,000 fine
Darawan Naknakhon

1449211630_1-org.jpg
Thamrong Pramno, 33, with the iron bar he was waving at a fellow driver.

PHUKET: -- A man from Nakorn Sri Thamarat who drives a minivan on Phuket was arrested yesterday (Nov 3) after he was caught on video waving what is believed to be either a long knife or a sword out of his window at the driver of a pick-up truck on Thepkrasattri Rd on Wednesday (Dec 2).

Astoundingly, the man was only fined B1,000 and released without any charge.

Thalang Police Superintendent, Col Chanuchan Cholsuwat confirmed the of Thamrong Pramno, 33, who told police that it was an iron bar he was waving at the other driver and not a knife or sword as previously believed.

The Land Transport Office have been notified of the incident, and if Mr Thamrong is caught again breaking any law whilst in his vehicle his driving licence will be suspended.

The incident happened at around 2pm on Wednesday and the video was posted on Facebook not long after.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/weapon-waving-phuket-minivan-driver-gets-b1-000-fine-55267.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-04

...took him some time......... but he found what he was REALLY waving around.....

...the other guy in the van with the gun insisted it was a book or a shoe or something.....???

...pathetic....

...concealed weapons are allowed in vehicles.....???

...why not get a search warrant for his home...

.....it does NOT appear that he was waving that bar around...

How to become rich in Thailand.

Start betting on where the violent people hail from

bet on sri tammarat

win 95% of the time

And Krabi. Most of the Thai crims on Phuket hail from these two provinces.

but they usually wear brown uniforms...