Nigerian man arrested after scamming Thai women out of millions of Baht

webfact

Got today again an eMail from Nigeria.

A prince have 10 million US dollars in his account.

If I send him $ 5,000 he wants to share with me his 10 million.biggrin.png

Bet you didn't...they don't ask for money up front, that comes much later in the scam.

Here the scam text:

Your USD$10.5M has been recovered.

We have scanned a Consignment that is sent to you from Nigeria, containing a total sum of USD$10.5M (Ten Million Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) with all the necessary backup document of the money contained in the box and this Consignment is under a diplomatic immunity (Yellow Tag) your fund has been cleared of money laundry, drug, terrorist or other related offences as it is stipulated by monetary policy after 9/11.

But there is a problem with the diplomat that was conveying your consignment, he has some pending issue with of dishonesty hence you be directed on how and where to collect your fund.You are advised to do send your address to re-route your fund before it starts attracing demur-rage.

You are required to contact us within 48 hours for more directives.

Mark W. Mansfield

LOL,

This must be an absolute beginner in the Nigerian Scam Scene.

i like this side, how to scam a Scammer.

http://www.419eater.com/html/baiting.htm

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nigerians are the smartest expat bunch in Thailand, at least they dont entertain isaan princesses

internet chat(thai language) says the opposite. isaan girls write about nice lives (material things) with african guys and also cite good sex. i doubt they are losing their lifetime savings though. likely making an investment in the future. they are well organized and not stupid.

an ex classmate was a nigerian phd (pharmacology) that was as sharp as they come.

How easy it seems to provoke a world class display of contempt for the trusting, and misogyny (focused at Thai women), by TV posters.

If these women had been raped I suppose that would have been their "own fault" wouldn't it?

So many bruised fruits in one basket.

Edited by Enoon

Nigerian scammer poses as hot Euro lover, cons Thai women out of B1 million

By Coconuts Bangkok

romance_scammer.jpg

BANGKOK: --Police announced yesterday they arrested one of the two Nigerian men from a romance scam gang who posed as European lovers and deceived Thai women for their money online.

Mgbenka Ogochukwu, 35, was caught at his condominium on Lat Krabang Wednesday after police were tipped off on his scams. Police said Mgbenka was flirting with several Thai women as "Luis Mark" on the Line application, using photos of hot European men.

The man would tell the victims he was moving to Thailand with a bunch of cash, but was detained at the airport immigration and needed about THB100,000 - THB150,000 to pay for his fine, police said.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/04/nigerian-scammer-poses-hot-euro-lover-cons-thai-women-out-b1-million-0

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-04

Unfortunately I have met several women and their friends that have had contact with different guys and advised them it is a con. Typical bringing cash or sending presents and then duty needs paying. If someone has a Million Baht in cash, why cant they pay the duty from that. Line, Faceache and other dating sites have been the initial contact made.

if he had a million in cash,thats if i read it right, didn't these ladies think he could just hand over 100,000 of it to customs

Sure you are quite right, if the guy got caught with 1 million why not pay the amount from the money he got caught with.

One born every day.

How can so many fall for a scam like this?

Another Nigerian slime bag. Why does Thailand let them in? Vietnam had the same problem for a few years when they came in under the guise of soccer players and ultimately they learned the hard way about their drug and prostitution rackets. They fixed it by rounding them all up and sending them packing never to return. Thailand never seems to learn from experience about anything.

Alluring Farang Woman Was Actually Nigerian Man, Police Deduce

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14492326421449232846l.jpg

Egbenka Oyalulu Ogochukwu, 35, at a police station Thursday in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — A man accused of posing as both European men and women – without being either – to romance and scam upward of 400,000 baht from Thai victims over Line was arrested yesterday.

Mgbenka Oyalulu Ogochukwu, a 35-year-old Nigerian man, was taken into custody at his condominium Thursday in Lat Krabang. Police said they found evidence on his phone he maintained another identity as “Luis Mark” and photos of good-looking European men used to flirt with Thai women over the popular chat app.

After gaining a woman’s trust, police said the accused would tell them the large sum of money he brought for them was confiscated at the airport. The woman then would be asked to transfer some money to give to customs officers, ranging from 10,000 - 400,000 baht.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1449232642

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-12-04

You can't con an honest person.

It's a lot easier to con an honest person than it is to con a crook.

I disagree, it's easier to steal from an honest person yes, but the reason these Thai woman were conned was because they thought they were getting something for nothing.

During the call, the women were told how their new European love interest was being detained at the airport with more than one million Baht in cash and needed 100,000 Baht transferring into an account immediately in order pay custom charges on the cash.

Cute story, a new variant of the sick water buffalo story.

Was certainly a lot of work to chat with hundreds of women.

But finally he has found 10 naive women.

Seems to be a lot of Nigerians millionaire. 555

You can't con an honest person.

Ask Bernie Madoff, he conned dozens of very honest hardworking people out of their entire life savings!

No, he conned people who were greedy and believed him when he promised returns that were crazy and couldn't be delivered.

Perhaps, but does an intense desire for money or a big return on your invested money make you a dishonest person?

If I had £1 million and the return from everywhere was between 4 - 5% but I was offered 15% then I would know that it was most likely illegal and that would make me a dishonest person hence I could be conned but if I accept the return of between 4 - 5 % then that makes me honest and as such couldn't be conned.

So this guy scammed thousands of baht from thai girls who scammed thousands from farangs.

So you are saying farangs are the stupidest ones. Thai girls are smart and capable enough to scam farangs. And Nigerians are the smartest, they can scam thai girls that can scam farangs.

So this guy scammed thousands of baht from thai girls who scammed thousands from farangs.

So you are saying farangs are the stupidest ones. Thai girls are smart and capable enough to scam farangs. And Nigerians are the smartest, they can scam thai girls that can scam farangs.

Generally, Nigerians are not smarter than farangs ime

But if you pick any group of several women, some will be stupid, gullible, overweight low self esteem and easy to scam

Just Nigerians seem to put more effort into it than most lol

I'm sure plenty of Thai women have lost more money to a dishonest farang/thai partner too but you don't hear about it as often

One born every day.

How can so many fall for a scam like this?

Another Nigerian slime bag. Why does Thailand let them in? Vietnam had the same problem for a few years when they came in under the guise of soccer players and ultimately they learned the hard way about their drug and prostitution rackets. They fixed it by rounding them all up and sending them packing never to return. Thailand never seems to learn from experience about anything.

Should they do the same with the Thai "slime bags"?

I know an American guy. He has a PhD. One would think he was pretty sharp.

Happened about 4 years ago that he fell for a Nigerian phishing scam. I only met him about 2 years ago.

He lost his house in the US somehow. Something about a 2nd mortgage so he could deposit a little bit of $$ to get a lot of $$$.

I just have fuzzy details, but that's the story I heard.

Not any of my business really, so I never pressed for full details.

Thing is that book smart and street smart are two different kind of smarts. For reference see Dr. Ben Carson.

During the call, the women were told how their new European love interest was being detained at the airport with more than one million Baht in cash and needed 100,000 Baht transferring into an account immediately in order pay custom charges on the cash.

Cute story, a new variant of the sick water buffalo story.

Was certainly a lot of work to chat with hundreds of women.

But finally he has found 10 naive women.

Seems to be a lot of Nigerians millionaire. 555

Not this guy in the photo......he can't afford decent clothing